+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***NOVEMBER 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

3m8kg

Mar 4, 2020
I can't say I'm in the same situation as you, but if you've linked your applications online, my advice is to submit a Web Form to let IRCC know that you have a new re-entry date into Canada, and upload ANY supporting information you have to prove you entered the country then since you don't have a passport stamp or Visitor Visa. Even a travel itinerary or boarding pass from your flights, while not legal documentation, may be better than nothing. You may have to submit 2 Web forms, one for your OWP application, one for your PR application, since the status date is pertinent for both.

Otherwise, yes, you may be seen as out of status by IRCC, since it doesn't seem that IRCC or CBSA cross-reference records, even to prove status via entry/exit dates. Over communication and over documentation is key, as different agents in different departments are reviewing our paperwork piecemeal.

Again, this is just my thoughts, hopefully someone else will provide additional insight. Good luck!

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=052&top=3
Change other information
You must use our Web form to tell us about changes to your situation, even if you applied online.

Examples of changes include:

• marriage or divorce
  • birth or adoption of a child
  • death of an applicant or dependant
  • changes that could affect your eligibility for the program you’re applying for, including changes in your:
    • job situation
    • education
    • language skills
  • contact information updates, including:
    • email
    • phone number
If you change your contact information, make sure you check your old contact information until we update your application.
Thank you so much for your help! I will just send them an enquiry explaining my status.

abeagomez

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Hey everyone, it seems like de OWP mistake (telling people they don't meet criteria when they actually had valid status at the time they applied) has being happening to many Oct/Nov/Dec applicants. If you are in the same situation you can join this thread https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/open-work-permits-not-being-approved-even-when-meeting-eligibility-criteria.684678/#post-8585760 So we can advice each other in our communication with IRCC regarding our OWP applications

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hey everyone, it seems like de OWP mistake (telling people they don't meet criteria when they actually had valid status at the time they applied) has being happening to many Oct/Nov/Dec applicants. If you are in the same situation you can join this thread https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/open-work-permits-not-being-approved-even-when-meeting-eligibility-criteria.684678/#post-8585760 So we can advice each other in our communication with IRCC regarding our OWP applications
@abeagomez how did you confirm this OWP mistake (telling people they don't meet criteria) from IRCC did they send you email?

abeagomez

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
@abeagomez how did you confirm this OWP mistake (telling people they don't meet criteria) from IRCC did they send you email?
Yes, I completed a web form and they replied saying so. But I did meet all the requirements, I also called IRCC and went with the officer criteria per criteria making sure of everything. So I'm now basically waiting for a response. If you read above you will see that it happened the same to another user and they finally responded that they resent the information to the officer in charge of the case.
I already completed the form explaining I meet all the criteria in the list they provided and requesting why my OWP was not approved, I'm guessing they will reply that they will send a note to the immigration officer in charge of my file, as they did for the other user in this forum who did the same thing

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
@
Yes, I completed a web form and they replied saying so. But I did meet all the requirements, I also called IRCC and went with the officer criteria per criteria making sure of everything. So I'm now basically waiting for a response. If you read above you will see that it happened the same to another user and they finally responded that they resent the information to the officer in charge of the case.
I already completed the form explaining I meet all the criteria in the list they provided and requesting why my OWP was not approved, I'm guessing they will reply that they will send a note to the immigration officer in charge of my file, as they did for the other user in this forum who did the same thing
@abeagomez I understand the situation now. Is good that you acted on it immediately hopefully they will approve it.

Sweetbabyis

Apr 16, 2020
My Application received on November 1st. I sent application with an open work permit.
Hi when you sent in your spouse sponsor application did u send in documents along with it? Or just the application and waited for them to request additional stuff?

abeagomez

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
@hiwilley
@PrincessButtercup I just got the same reply they gave to you, exactly the same email:

Good day _____________________,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided regarding the status of your open work permit and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Simone, agent 4720
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
@hiwilley
@PrincessButtercup I just got the same reply they gave to you, exactly the same email:

Good day _____________________,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided regarding the status of your open work permit and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Simone, agent 4720
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Hopefully these requests from us are raising some red flags at the OWP processing division. HOPEFULLY.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hi when you sent in your spouse sponsor application did u send in documents along with it? Or just the application and waited for them to request additional stuff?
Not sure if you're referring to any specific documents, but double check your checklist and make sure everything requested is included with your submission, or your application/s will be returned.

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Hopefully these requests from us are raising some red flags at the OWP processing division. HOPEFULLY.
I have a suspicion that IRCC has a quota of applicants they have to deny (in other words they’re not allowed to approve EVERY app) and they’re just randomly choosing a few to reject Because it’s very strange they won’t give any of us a definitive answer as to which criteria we didn’t meet and why.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
I have a suspicion that IRCC has a quota of applicants they have to deny (in other words they’re not allowed to approve EVERY app) and they’re just randomly choosing a few to reject Because it’s very strange they won’t give any of us a definitive answer as to which criteria we didn’t meet and why.
Interesting thought. Maybe it is a newly-instituted policy. It's just weird that no one else before us has ever brought this issue up in these message boards (that I could find)? Even a star member that contributes seemingly solid advice on another thread with seemed to be unaware of this being an option in the OWP process.

Reactions: CanUK333

Rosybeaner888

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Hello, some of you have updated the excel sheet with a date on Background Check. Did you get this information by email or the website? Just curious as my application was received on 4 nov 19, owp approved, but still do not have this information yet. Thanks for your response.
Just check your gckey account, u will see profile updated. Then read your background check part , it will say processing. I didn't receive email, I just check my gckey account once a week. Good luck to us.

danielm99

Apr 2, 2020
Anyone get ahold of service Canada to see about the sin process? I applied online and submitted an inquiry but they were unable to assist and directed me to call the sin registration office but they haven’t been accepting any calls for a week.

JNNYEG

Oct 13, 2019
Just received a ghost update on my OWP Application!!

App rec: November 29, 2019
AoR: January 30, 2020
OWP linked: January 30, 2020

Reactions: ShiroTheHero