+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***NOVEMBER 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

Rosybeaner888

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Hello could you pls help me what supporting documents did you submite with the application, and does one have to submite,
I applied sponsorship with OWP. For the owp: I put the checklist of owp imm5556, declaration of common law imm5409, then imm5710 application to change condition. Paid fee 255 for owp

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Have some questions about pr app as preparing mine did you submit police certificate thanks, and the forms did you submit a copy as I read somewhere that said they wanted a photocopy of signature so does one have to photocopy the page that has signature thanks u
I did submit a police certificate (a photocopy), as a US citizen this was called the"FBI Identity History Summary Report," and all of my forms sent in to IRCC were originals. I made a photocopy of everything and kept that for my records.

Hello could you pls help me what supporting documents did you submite with the application, and does one have to submite,
Check the requirements for your country and that will tell you: what needs to be sent in, what needs to be originals, and what you can send copies of.

abeagomez

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
@PrincessButtercup did you ever heard back from the government explaining what was wrong with your OWP application? We got an answer today saying that because my husband completed the form they weren't able to respond, that I needed to complete the form myself or authorize him as my representative. I completed the form an re-submitted. Just wanted to check if they answered your request.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
@PrincessButtercup did you ever heard back from the government explaining what was wrong with your OWP application? We got an answer today saying that because my husband completed the form they weren't able to respond, that I needed to complete the form myself or authorize him as my representative. I completed the form an re-submitted. Just wanted to check if they answered your request.
I just heard back from them today. It seems like my OWP paperwork is going to be reviewed again? I'm taking it as a positive sign, but trying not to get my hopes up. Here is the bulk of the email:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following documents
(this is what I uploaded with my Web Form inquiry):
  • imm5710e
  • imm5710e Part 2
  • Boarding Pass
  • OWP Payment Receipt
We have forwarded them and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Also--good luck with the new form! I am glad they told you what was incorrect and how to change and resubmit. Sometimes getting straight answers can be difficult!

abeagomez

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
I just heard back from them today. It seems like my OWP paperwork is going to be reviewed again? I'm taking it as a positive sign, but trying not to get my hopes up. Here is the bulk of the email:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following documents
(this is what I uploaded with my Web Form inquiry):
  • imm5710e
  • imm5710e Part 2
  • Boarding Pass
  • OWP Payment Receipt
We have forwarded them and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
Awesome! I wish you good luck! I hope I get the same answer and hopefully they review my application again. Please let me know if you find out anything now. I suspect they probably made the same mistake in both of our applications.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

Vendi

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
I did submit a police certificate (a photocopy), as a US citizen this was called the"FBI Identity History Summary Report," and all of my forms sent in to IRCC were originals. I made a photocopy of everything and kept that for my records.

Check the requirements for your country and that will tell you: what needs to be sent in, what needs to be originals, and what you can send copies of.
Okey thank you, so did you submite police certificate from Canada as well or just usa

Vendi

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
I applied sponsorship with OWP. For the owp: I put the checklist of owp imm5556, declaration of common law imm5409, then imm5710 application to change condition. Paid fee 255 for owp
Thank you and did you submite any supporting documents apart from checklist and application

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020

3m8kg

Mar 4, 2020
Hello everyone,
I am not Nov 2019 applicants (submitted mine in Jan 2020) but I’m so concerned about my situation after reading your discussion about OWP. If anyone knows any information please share, thank you in advance.
In my case, I applied for OWP together with PR application in Jan 2020. I was in status (visitor) that time and my visitor status ended in Feb. Now, instead of applying for extension visa, I and my husband decided to fly back to Japan for 2 weeks to visit my family right before the visitor status ended. We were back to Canada after the trip (Feb, 2020) and I am now staying in Canada on eligible visitor status again. I got my AOR in early March, and OWP application is “in process”. I’m worried now because when I applied for the OWP, my visitor status said it would end in Feb, and after that there is no proof (to IRCC) that I AM in Canada on eligible status (No visa extension, no passport stamp). Now I wonder if anyone of you, or anyone you know had the same process as mine if they have any trouble with OWP application.
Thanks for your help!

Reactions: ShiroTheHero

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hello everyone,
I am not Nov 2019 applicants (submitted mine in Jan 2020) but I’m so concerned about my situation after reading your discussion about OWP. If anyone knows any information please share, thank you in advance.
In my case, I applied for OWP together with PR application in Jan 2020. I was in status (visitor) that time and my visitor status ended in Feb. Now, instead of applying for extension visa, I and my husband decided to fly back to Japan for 2 weeks to visit my family right before the visitor status ended. We were back to Canada after the trip (Feb, 2020) and I am now staying in Canada on eligible visitor status again. I got my AOR in early March, and OWP application is “in process”. I’m worried now because when I applied for the OWP, my visitor status said it would end in Feb, and after that there is no proof (to IRCC) that I AM in Canada on eligible status (No visa extension, no passport stamp). Now I wonder if anyone of you, or anyone you know had the same process as mine if they have any trouble with OWP application.
Thanks for your help!
I can't say I'm in the same situation as you, but if you've linked your applications online, my advice is to submit a Web Form to let IRCC know that you have a new re-entry date into Canada, and upload ANY supporting information you have to prove you entered the country then since you don't have a passport stamp or Visitor Visa. Even a travel itinerary or boarding pass from your flights, while not legal documentation, may be better than nothing. You may have to submit 2 Web forms, one for your OWP application, one for your PR application, since the status date is pertinent for both.

Otherwise, yes, you may be seen as out of status by IRCC, since it doesn't seem that IRCC or CBSA cross-reference records, even to prove status via entry/exit dates. Over communication and over documentation is key, as different agents in different departments are reviewing our paperwork piecemeal.

Again, this is just my thoughts, hopefully someone else will provide additional insight. Good luck!

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=052&top=3
Change other information
You must use our Web form to tell us about changes to your situation, even if you applied online.

Examples of changes include:

• marriage or divorce
  • birth or adoption of a child
  • death of an applicant or dependant
  • changes that could affect your eligibility for the program you’re applying for, including changes in your:
    • job situation
    • education
    • language skills
  • contact information updates, including:
    • email
    • phone number
If you change your contact information, make sure you check your old contact information until we update your application.