+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***NOVEMBER 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

Jodilibra

Nov 10, 2019
Sorry may be you did not understand my 1st question. When you asked about if you receive email about OWP, and I said you will receive email. What I meant was,
1st you have to link your OWP on your own and as soon as you link it, you will receive email acknowledge that it has been link. I hope I made it clear. Keep trying to link, I use UCI and Passport Info.

Thanks
Ok, I will keep trying. Thank you!

ZaraT

May 31, 2019
I (as a sponsor) got the AOR today. My husband (applicant) didn't get the email, which is weird, but ok, at least one of us got it. I'll try to link it tonight.
So, what are the next steps? When can we expect the medical request, biometrics? Does anyone know any approximate timeline?
Thanks!

App received Nov 25
AOR Jan 24

sjroi3

Dec 19, 2019
I (as a sponsor) got the AOR today. My husband (applicant) didn't get the email, which is weird, but ok, at least one of us got it. I'll try to link it tonight.
So, what are the next steps? When can we expect the medical request, biometrics? Does anyone know any approximate timeline?
Thanks!

App received Nov 25
AOR Jan 24
Actually that's the way it works, only sponsor gets AOR.

You can check the spreadsheets from previous months to get an idea of a timeline but it does fluctuate!

ZaraT

May 31, 2019
Thanks! I didn't know that sponsor actually gets the AOR. I've checked the May thread and it seems that most of the people get the PR 6-7 months after submitting the app, so hopefully 4-5 more months to go :)

Reactions: sjroi3

SpousAsous

Nov 6, 2019
Thanks! I didn't know that sponsor actually gets the AOR. I've checked the May thread and it seems that most of the people get the PR 6-7 months after submitting the app, so hopefully 4-5 more months to go :)
I am managing my expectations because the last couple of months seems to have slowed way down. Nobody in October seems to have gotten their medical request yet according to the spreadsheet and it's been over 100 days for those who submitted at the beginning of the month. Going by the months prior, at least some of them should have received their medical request.

I think we all need to be ready for our stuff to take longer because a slow down seems to have happened if we go by averages on the spreadsheet.

Priya_17

Dec 12, 2019
Hi......i just received AOR....i(sponsor) already have my active gckey account....can i link my husband's application directly to my account or I need to create new account for him

omoyeaa

Jan 21, 2020
Hi , two quick questions
When creating a CIC account who’s supposed to create the account sponsor or applicant ?

secondly for some reason my husband ( sponsor ) email wasn’t included in the contact section of the application only mine , I have called ircc and they instructed us to go online to update his email which we have , so since my email was the only contact email they have would they send me ( principle applicant ) the AOR or would they send it by post ?

sjroi3

Dec 19, 2019
I just linked our application! Didn't even receive AOR yet! I used my maiden name instead of married name this time and it worked! Also linked OWP app but using married name!

Since my husband got locked out of his email (even though we called and reported it and gave new email), I'm not sure if maybe they didn't update the email and sent the AOR to the old email, or just haven't sent it yet.

Wasn't expecting to be able to link it, but was getting a bit worried as the time was seeming a bit longer than normal!

Since I linked it, should I put this as AOR in the spreadsheet or still wait for an email?

Our app was received Nov 22

Leah&Jeremy

Sep 15, 2018
We sent our OWP back with the correct fees this time. It was recieved on the 24th according to the currier. Still haven't been able to link it yet though. Hopefully soon!

Reactions: Jodilibra

Monsteramamma

Dec 11, 2019
So this is weird. I've been trying to link my OWP for a while to no avail. Last night it appeared to finally work, but I wasn't sure about the information that popped up. The system shows an online application that was received on Nov 5th. I didn't do an online application, we sent our application (PR+OWP) via mail which was received on Nov 12th. The application now showing online does not say it's for OWP, but it's definitely under my name. Anyone else getting the same info when trying to link OWP?

rolaesh

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
I just linked our application! Didn't even receive AOR yet! I used my maiden name instead of married name this time and it worked! Also linked OWP app but using married name!

Since my husband got locked out of his email (even though we called and reported it and gave new email), I'm not sure if maybe they didn't update the email and sent the AOR to the old email, or just haven't sent it yet.

Wasn't expecting to be able to link it, but was getting a bit worried as the time was seeming a bit longer than normal!

Since I linked it, should I put this as AOR in the spreadsheet or still wait for an email?

Our app was received Nov 22
The AOR email will come to sponsor email account. So you need not worry