+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***NOVEMBER 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

Leah&Jeremy

Sep 15, 2018
They sent back our work permit application today because of "insufficient processing fees were provided with your application". Not really sure what that means. We paid the $100 work permit fee and submitted the proof of payment.

Leah&Jeremy

Sep 15, 2018
They sent back our work permit application today because of "insufficient processing fees were provided with your application". Not really sure what that means. We paid the $100 work permit fee and submitted the proof of payment.
Correction...we did not realize we had to pay the $155 fee as well. Not sure how we missed that the first time!

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Correction...we did not realize we had to pay the $155 fee as well. Not sure how we missed that the first time!
So sorry to hear this...it would have been little easy for applicant and for officer as well. If they would just request extra fee $155 and keep the file on side/hold rather than sending whole new application. They could have just said pay $155 by within X date and if you do not pay, they return application. Just a lousy job this ppl do.

Reactions: Leah&Jeremy

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
So sorry to hear this...it would have been little easy for applicant and for officer as well. If they would just request extra fee $155 and keep the file on side/hold rather than sending whole new application. They could have just said pay $155 by within X date and if you do not pay, they return application. Just a lousy job this ppl do.
You're required to submit proper fees with the application. It's a rule that may not make sense because sure, they could just request additional funds, but it's the rule.

Noodle

Oct 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got our AOR today through email. Here's our online status:

Nov. 20, 2019 - Application Received
Jan. 22, 2020 - In Process

Reactions: Jodilibra

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Whoever received AOR and Linked their OWP or PR, does it say "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."
How long does it take before they update once you receive your AOR?

JohnCana123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
I think so lol.

I spoke with CIC earlier this afternoon and was told that depending on the person that reviews our application two things can happen. Option 1 the file gets returned and we resubmit with the missing document(s) or Option 2 it’s not sent back and the person reviewing the file asks us to send in the missing documents.

The application was received December 13, so we’ll just wait and see what happens.
Update for those interested lol – I called CIC this mooring and was told that a temporary file was created on January 9th and my application was marked complete so it likely will not be returned. However, the agent reviewing it may ask for additional docs (like my NOA) later on in the process. They also said that my application has not started processing yet it’s just been marked complete so the wait for the AOR continues. I’ve heard not to take everything CIC agents say at face value but I am now cautiously optimisticthat my application won’t be returned.

Alex Alex

Jan 22, 2020
The same happend to me as well, they accepted my Pr application and returned OWP stating insufficient fund

Alex Alex

Jan 22, 2020
The same happend to me as well, they accepted my Pr application and returned OWP stating insufficient fund
It is so easy if they mention OPW fee as 255$ instead of it as (Open Work Permit holder fee-100$ in one place and Work Permit fee 155$ in another place)

Finally i resend my application to CPC Edmonton as directed ..... and now a long wait of 100+ days for approval!!!

Jodilibra

Nov 10, 2019
Still can’t link application to online account. (AOR nov 18). Not sure what I keep doing wrong. I can however see that our application is “in progress” when I go to the “check application status”. Does that mean I can update the ECAS on the spreadsheet and what does ECAS mean?

Reactions: CanUK333

Jodilibra

Nov 10, 2019
Also, people who are posting that “open work permit linked to account t”, do they send you an email once it is linked or do you just know that by logging into your account t?

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Also, people who are posting that “open work permit linked to account t”, do they send you an email once it is linked or do you just know that by logging into your account t?
Once OWP is linked, you will receive email to acknowledge that its Linked. Sometimes it takes few days before you can link OWP. If your PR app is linked then wait for few days before linking OWP. I was able to link my OWP after 6days or something.

Jodilibra

Nov 10, 2019
Once OWP is linked, you will receive email to acknowledge that its Linked. Sometimes it takes few days before you can link OWP. If your PR app is linked then wait for few days before linking OWP. I was able to link my OWP after 6days or something.
Ok perfect. As long as we get emails I won’t stress about not being able to link the paper application to the online account (for now)

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Ok perfect. As long as we get emails I won’t stress about not being able to link the paper application to the online account (for now)
Sorry may be you did not understand my 1st question. When you asked about if you receive email about OWP, and I said you will receive email. What I meant was,
1st you have to link your OWP on your own and as soon as you link it, you will receive email acknowledge that it has been link. I hope I made it clear. Keep trying to link, I use UCI and Passport Info.

Thanks

Reactions: Jodilibra