Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
Is there any activity from Ottawa office? Has any Ottawa applicant seen any update from Ottawa office, whether it's AOR, in progress or virtual oath invite?
AOR responsibility is with nova scotia office for all applicants.

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
Need experts advice here.
I'm "in process "applicant since Feb 2020
My home country passport got expired last month and i couldn't renew it because of the offices closure due to Pandemic. Now when the tests were resumed does it cause any issues with expired passport.
Because we provides the Passport as one of the ID verification. DO i need to renew or can i explain officer during the interview process about the situation.
Any reply would be appreciated.
You are good. facts/documents in the application should be true on the date when you signed your application. . Your citizenship application has no impact on your passport getting expired after you send-in the application.

acerbico423

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Need experts advice here.
I'm "in process "applicant since Feb 2020
My home country passport got expired last month and i couldn't renew it because of the offices closure due to Pandemic. Now when the tests were resumed does it cause any issues with expired passport.
Because we provides the Passport as one of the ID verification. DO i need to renew or can i explain officer during the interview process about the situation.
Any reply would be appreciated.
It shouldn't be an issue. Submit a web-form for the same to cover your bases.

saiphanendra

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
My application is "in Process" since Feb 2020 and as many of us it is no movement for me as well.
And PR card expires on May 2021. Is it required to renew it or can i wait.

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
My application is "in Process" since Feb 2020 and as many of us it is no movement for me as well.
And PR card expires on May 2021. Is it required to renew it or can i wait.
PR card expiry does not impact the citizenship process after you submitted your application.

If you expect to travel abroad after the current PR card expiry date (for business/personal/emergency) it's advisable to renew the PR card. It's current approximate processing time is 165 days as shown in the website.https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

But if you are not travelling then better to wait and not to renew.

Take care.

saiphanendra

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
PR card expiry does not impact the citizenship process after you submitted your application.

If you expect to travel abroad after the current PR card expiry date (for business/personal/emergency) it's advisable to renew the PR card. It's current approximate processing time is 165 days as shown in the website.https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

But if you are not travelling then better to wait and not to renew.

Take care.
Thanks

saiphanendra

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
Called IRCC today to ask for an update.

Last update was Feb. 20, 2020

Was told that I was test ready and that will just have to wait for the testing centres to re-open.
Same message is being delivered to everyone.
The big million dollar question is when will the test centres open. I don’t hope that in this year. Fed up with this.

acerbico423

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Same message is being delivered to everyone.
The big million dollar question is when will the test centres open. I don’t hope that in this year. Fed up with this.
i think its worth it to know this because some applications need a fingerprint request to be completed before the tests are performed no?

Reactions: canvisa13

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
Is there any activity from Ottawa office? Has any Ottawa applicant seen any update from Ottawa office, whether it's AOR, in progress or virtual oath invite?
nothing

the federal departments have been back to work at a 50% level since July so I doint really understand what immigration is doing...
in my opinion they should simply cancel tests as covid exception and move to oat in the form of an affidative/letter. Then once the situation is back to normal (in 2022 or so) they can go back to the current antiquated system (paper testing, in person oath)
Anyway citizenship test is joke, it is just another an unnecessary administrative hurdle! have you ever heard a person not receiving citizenship becacuse of failing the test????

Reactions: gupta4321

gupta4321

Jan 24, 2019
nothing

the federal departments have been back to work at a 50% level since July so I doint really understand what immigration is doing...
in my opinion they should simply cancel tests as covid exception and move to oat in the form of an affidative/letter. Then once the situation is back to normal (in 2022 or so) they can go back to the current antiquated system (paper testing, in person oath)
Anyway citizenship test is joke, it is just another an unnecessary administrative hurdle! have you ever heard a person not receiving citizenship becacuse of failing the test????
I totally agree with that