+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November - 2019 Citizenship Applications

btoronto

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Sent a web form on March 30th asking about my file (Received Nov 29th, 2019, In Process sin Feb 26th, 2020, Scarborough Office)

They sent this back 7 days later:

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:

• Submitted by mail (if it was not linkedto an online account):
  • Submitted online orsubmitted by mail and linked to an online account:
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Sent a web form on March 30th asking about my file (Received Nov 29th, 2019, In Process sin Feb 26th, 2020, Scarborough Office)

Good day,

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:

Yeah that is just the generic response unfortunately...

littleDog

Mar 25, 2021
Update:

Spouse had an interview yesterday and Decision Made this morning.
good to know.

is this a family applicataion. and only wife got interview and on next both of you got DM.
My wife has it on Apr 14th and i dont. so i was little confused whether i will get DM or only wife.

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
good to know.

is this a family applicataion. and only wife got interview and on next both of you got DM.
My wife has it on Apr 14th and i dont. so i was little confused whether i will get DM or only wife.
Family application. Only wife was invited for test and then interview leading up to decision made for her. I'm still waiting for test invite.

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
Strange
Isn’t the family application should be taken into consideration together
There are cases where only one of the husband or wife have received the text or interview and other is still waiting. This practice started after Covid and nobody knows whats the reason.

sknown7

Apr 8, 2021
Hello All,

My PR expires in Aug 2021 and my citizenship application is in process ... Should I apply for PR renewal ? because I am worried that citizenship will not be approved by Aug 2021 and I need legal status to continue to work.

My Citizenship application was received February 19, 2020, AOR on August 14, 2020, Started Processing on October 26, 2020

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
Hello All,

My PR expires in Aug 2021 and my citizenship application is in process ... Should I apply for PR renewal ? because I am worried that citizenship will not be approved by Aug 2021 and I need legal status to continue to work.

My Citizenship application was received February 19, 2020, AOR on August 14, 2020, Started Processing on October 26, 2020
Your legal status won't change. The only one obstacle is impossibility to travel internationally.
My PR also expires in Aug 2021 but I decided to wait ;).

Reactions: BadGamer6

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

Good day,

That's why I haven't sent them a webform. I know what they will say.