+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

YouGotMeHere

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
My AOR is 31 Oct 2019, no update since biometrics, and medical showing review in Nov 2019, passed medical. Also no remedical request.
Most likely your meds would have been extended. If the meds would have expired with no extension, then the status msg would have read 'You Don't need a Medical Exam..". If it still reads the last pass date, it's most likely extended at the backend from the RMO team but yet to be updated on the portal by an officer. You're not alone here and i have seen lot of folks from Dec'19 with a similar status. Given that you're in AUS, chances are more likely and the extn would be until Sep-Nov'2021. You'll get better visibility once you get your GCMS.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
But the thing is, I didn't receive any decision LOL. And nothing in the portal has been updated since my medical and biometrics in Nov 2019.
The portal (MyCIC) does not get updated till they stamp the visa on your passport.

JustBal

Feb 27, 2021
I received an email today asking me to do a survey about CIC.
It reads: We would like to hear about your experience with Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. Our records indicate that you have recently received a decision from us on an application. The survey is voluntary and will only take about 15 minutes to complete.

Although it's a survey, the fact that it says record shows I recently received a decision got me intrigued. Is it a scam or does it mean that in the records, I'm supposed to have received a decision? Would appreciate any input on this. Thanks
I too got it today. But I have not got any other update. No chnages in the express entry profile.But looks like the survey is not a scam.
Read about it here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/client-service-survey-application-2020.html

NatureBoy2

Mar 11, 2019
Still waiting for an update since Nov 2019. If we just have to wait, along with everyone else, for covid to get sorted out, well that's one thing - or are we actually being specifically overlooked, as a group, while others are getting finished? I really can't imagine why they would be doing it that way, but it sometimes looks like that, and it's worrying. Suppose there's nothing we can do either way. :p Bah, sorry to be a stress-face. Have to vent sometimes.

Reactions: SaBong and Dee1729

h1b2pr

Mar 22, 2017
i have no idea what happened. i have been religiously monitoring my email for any alerts or communication from them since the day i submitted my application in the EE pool, but I didn't receive anything until today. Yes thats what ive heard too, before they reject, they usually send that letter you mentioned asking for the candidate to furnish documents or provide more info.
I never received anything like that and i just spent hours checking my email inbox, phone messages, physical mailbox and mail and verifying they didnt send me anything. Months ago i sent a webform request to ask about the status of my application, which i never heard back from. No, i havent been able to request GCMS notes because i am not in Canada and i dont know anyone personally currently in Canada who can help with this. i only got an alert in my mail today saying your profile has been updated and when i logged in and checked it said Rejected. Just imagine, i thought when i saw the email alert that profile was updated that it was ppr and that my application was approved. log in and i see fucking rejection. and before anyone says check again, i can fucking read i know the difference between approved and rejected.
I have raised a webform request again today asking for some more explanation but given their track record, i don't expect an immediate response. Now I have to wait till Monday to be able to call their center which is usually impossible to get to. Each time i have tried reaching out to them over phone in past i get the message "too many callers, try again" or whatever.
This is came out of nowhere and was very random. it was the first piece of communication ive had from them since i submitted biometrics more than a year ago. I have no idea what the fuck is going on. At this point, given the way this has been handled, i don't see my application going forward. I mean, why the fuck would they update my application status with reject without any notice or reason? It makes no sense. Maybe their emails are queued up in their outbox and in the coming days I will get that letter they were supposed to send? I don't know. This is fucking ridiculous i have no idea what to do anymore. this is nonsense, this was never meant to be and if they knew so from the beginning, why did they waste my time and money...
Really feel sorry for you and now I'm frightened. Please keep us posted if you have found the reason behind the rejection. It really bothers now. I worked hard since 4+ years on this and almost spent about $8000 US dollars so far. With all the multiple IELTS, WES 1, WES 2, SINP, CIPS, CIPNS Renewals etc etc and till now they have never updated my medicals since Nov-2019 after biometrics.
Please keep us posted.

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Really feel sorry for you and now I'm frightened. Please keep us posted if you have found the reason behind the rejection. It really bothers now. I worked hard since 4+ years on this and almost spent about $8000 US dollars so far. With all the multiple IELTS, WES 1, WES 2, SINP, CIPS, CIPNS Renewals etc etc and till now they have never updated my medicals since Nov-2019 after biometrics.
Please keep us posted.
Hey mate, I wouldn't let this worry you. Rejection rates for PR apps are pretty low but they do happen, we know that. Try not to project this person's situation onto yours, especially not knowing why he got the rejection. IRCC has been holding off on giving CoPR for FSWs due to travel - that remains by far the most likely situation for why you haven't heard a decision. Have you requested GCMS notes recently? That could give you some peace of mind maybe.

Reactions: Ojay1

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Reactions: Sameeh87

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@legalfalcon would you please let me know what does it mean to have 16(2)(c) written in gcms notes? Have few pages redacted with 16(2)(c) written on them. Thanks
Subsection 16(2) is a discretionary class exemption. It requires that the institution identify how the information would facilitate the commission of an offence, then exercise his/her discretion, in accordance with the intent of the Act and the provision, to determine whether the information should be withheld from disclosure.

If the department wants to claim subsection 16(2) in such a way that does not clearly fall within the three illustrated paragraphs, it must be a situation where the information will cause prejudice in facilitating the commission of an offence. Examples of these could be sabotage, forgery, hijacking, interception of communications, kidnapping, hostage-taking, fraud, spying, possession of explosives.

There has been an increase in the use of 16(2)(c) where applicants are seeing a few pages to hundreds of pages being redacted by IRCC. Sometimes it can be beneficial to request GCMS from CBSA for such reasons. See https://bit.ly/34nuJPu

Reactions: Sameeh87

h1b2pr

Mar 22, 2017
Please keep us posted.
That's my worry too because I haven't received the GCMS notes yet and its been more than 5 months my friend in Canada applied for me. Also I have not seen Medical pass update yet.

JustBal

Feb 27, 2021
Did you order GCMS and if so, do you mind sharing if a decision has been made in your application per gcms notes?
Yes. I had ordered GCMS notes few months back. I had everything passed in March 2020 and Final: Approved.

Did anyone else, get similar email?

sophieannsmith

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
I too got it today. But I have not got any other update. No chnages in the express entry profile.But looks like the survey is not a scam.
Read about it here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/client-service-survey-application-2020.html
I also got the email! Looks like mine came from Edmonton, what about you? I am an Alberta PNP candidate, i’m hoping this means some form of movement. I had everything passed in December but has been radio silence since then, just waiting for COPR

sophieannsmith

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
I received an email today asking me to do a survey about CIC.
It reads: We would like to hear about your experience with Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. Our records indicate that you have recently received a decision from us on an application. The survey is voluntary and will only take about 15 minutes to complete.

Although it's a survey, the fact that it says record shows I recently received a decision got me intrigued. Is it a scam or does it mean that in the records, I'm supposed to have received a decision? Would appreciate any input on this. Thanks
I also got the email! Looks like mine came from Edmonton, what about you? I am an Alberta PNP candidate, i’m hoping this means some form of movement. I had everything passed in December but has been radio silence since then, just waiting for COPR