+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

a_1188

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Hi members and @legalfalcon

Request your inputs to my query regarding medical extension (AOR November 2019).

I recently received my second GCMS notes and can see that under the medical section, date of MOF review is updated to 31-03-21 which was earlier 26-11-20 in previous GCMS. Is this the date of medical extension? I have not seen any update in my online portal regarding medical extension.

Also, I noticed that the MOF date for primary applicant is now 31-03-2021 whereas for secondary applicant its 15-10-2021. Does it mean that medicals have been extended for different dates for primary and secondary applicants?

Is this usual?

Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi members and @legalfalcon

Request your inputs to my query regarding medical extension (AOR November 2019).

I recently received my second GCMS notes and can see that under the medical section, date of MOF review is updated to 31-03-21 which was earlier 26-11-20 in previous GCMS. Is this the date of medical extension? I have not seen any update in my online portal regarding medical extension.

Also, I noticed that the MOF date for primary applicant is now 31-03-2021 whereas for secondary applicant its 15-10-2021. Does it mean that medicals have been extended for different dates for primary and secondary applicants?

Is this usual?

Thanks

Can you post the relevant post from your GCMS that your are referring to.

a_1188

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Can you post the relevant post from your GCMS that your are referring to.
Please find the details below. I could not find an option to attach an image so have written the content below (for secondary applicant) from Medical section of GCMS

Created By:
Update Date : 2019/12/06 20:08:35
Updated By:
UCI:
Family Name :
Given Name :
Type : Medical
Validity Date : 2020/11/30
Status Updated by :
Status updated Date : 2019/12/06
Assigned to :
Assigned By :
Due Date : 2020/01/05
IME# :
UMI :
Assessed for: All
IME Status: Assessed
IME Status Reason : Granted
RMO:
M Profile: 1
Description: No health impairment sufficient........
Description : No surveillance required
MOF Rationale Exists : No
MOF Review :
Valid Until : 2021/10/15
IMM Type : Non EDE
UMI Type : Worker

For primary applicant., everything is same except for the Valid until date under MOF review which is 2021/03/31 which is different from Secondary applicant (2021/10/15)

@legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Please find the details below. I could not find an option to attach an image so have written the content below (for secondary applicant) from Medical section of GCMS

Created By:
Update Date : 2019/12/06 20:08:35
Updated By:
UCI:
Family Name :
Given Name :
Type : Medical
Validity Date : 2020/11/30
Status Updated by :
Status updated Date : 2019/12/06
Assigned to :
Assigned By :
Due Date : 2020/01/05
IME# :
UMI :
Assessed for: All
IME Status: Assessed
IME Status Reason : Granted
RMO:
M Profile: 1
Description: No health impairment sufficient........
Description : No surveillance required
MOF Rationale Exists : No
MOF Review :
Valid Until : 2021/10/15
IMM Type : Non EDE
UMI Type : Worker

For primary applicant., everything is same except for the Valid until date under MOF review which is 2021/03/31 which is different from Secondary applicant (2021/10/15)

@legalfalcon

Medical Observations & Furtherance (MOF) if is blank then you need not worry.

Also, the extension for medicals is given by the Regional Medical Officer, and can be for 6 months or 1 year, and is based on the age and other factors.

If your medicals were extended, and dates were different for different individuals, there is no need to be concerned.

Pooja Yadav

Apr 10, 2020
I had requested for GCMS notes and this is what is the response :

IRCC have been in touch to inform us that, due to an overwhelming number of file requests, they require an additional period to complete this file request:

This is further to your request under the Access To Information Act*, which was received on December 7, 2020, for the following records:

the electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) for the permanent residence file concerning .

I wish to inform you that, in accordance with the Access To Information Act*, an extension of 90 days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is due to a large number of records or necessitates a search through a large number of records and meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the government institution.

Considering the extension, your request is now due on April 6, 2021 .

This is so frustrating even for notes they have excuses. I have not had any updates post medical and biometrics approval my AOR 28 NOV 2019. I had never thought this process would be so time consuming and patience testing.

Reactions: sufman

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019

IRCC have been in touch to inform us that, due to an overwhelming number of file requests, they require an additional period to complete this file request:

This is further to your request under the Access To Information Act*, which was received on December 7, 2020, for the following records:

the electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) for the permanent residence file concerning .

I wish to inform you that, in accordance with the Access To Information Act*, an extension of 90 days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is due to a large number of records or necessitates a search through a large number of records and meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the government institution.

This is so frustrating even for notes they have excuses. I have not had any updates post medical and biometrics approval my AOR 28 NOV 2019. I had never thought this process would be so time consuming and patience testing.
From which site did you order your gcms?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY

Extensions of 90 days are not common, most who receive an extension receive it for 60 days.

Extensions are also more common with IRCC compared to CBSA, next time around you can consider requesting your Gcms Notes from CBSA, see why https://bit.ly/34nuJPu

Last edited:
Reactions: Pooja Yadav

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023

Ohh unlucky! I requested GCMS on 22nd Oct but got the 90 days extension. Ordered another GCMS on 9th December so far haven't received any extension. I'll be livid if they request extension for the 2nd GCMS!

Pooja Yadav

Apr 10, 2020
Extensions of 90 days are not common, most who receive an extension receive it for 60 days.

Extensions are also more common with IRCC compared to CBSA, next time around you can consider requesting your Gcms Notes from CBSS, see why

Extensions are also more common with IRCC compared to CBSA, next time around you can consider requesting your Gcms Notes from CBSS, see why

Thankyou so much for the response will try to get CBSA notes as you mentioned.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Ohh unlucky! I requested GCMS on 22nd Oct but got the 90 days extension. Ordered another GCMS on 9th December so far haven't received any extension. I'll be livid if they request extension for the 2nd GCMS!
More than likely you will receive 1 file with regards to both your requests and hope you don't receive an extension. For future reference you may be better off requesting your Gcms Notes from CBSA instead to avoid delays. Same process and fee as IRCC but via CBSA chances of delays are lower.

Reactions: Pooja Yadav

@Jack@

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
To @legalfalcon and some experienced members,

I have got the COPR and Visa Stamped Passport on 31 Dec, 2020. I want to know that am I eligible to fly to Canada. I am an Indian resident and below are the timelines of my Application:

Application type: Express Entry (FSW)
AOR: 22 Nov, 2019
Extention of Medical on 6 Nov, 2020
PPR mail on 22 Nov 2020
Stamped Passport and CoPR received on 31 Dec, 2020
(Note: On Visa and CoPR letter, both docs have mentioned that you have to land into Canada on or before 30 April, 2021)

So my question is that before 30 April, 2021 should I have to land into Canada and If yes am I eligible to fly now??

Thanks in advance to help me out this..

Reactions: MPrins15