+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

@Jack@

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
To @legalfalcon and some experienced members,

I have got the COPR and Visa Stamped Passport on 31 Dec, 2020. I want to know that am I eligible to fly to Canada. I am an Indian resident and below are the timelines of my Application:

Application type: Express Entry (FSW)

AOR: 22 Nov, 2019

Extention of Medical on 6 Nov, 2020

PPR mail on 22 Nov 2020

Stamped Passport and CoPR received on 31 Dec, 2020

(Note: On Visa and CoPR letter, both docs have mentioned that you have to land into Canada on or before 30 April, 2021)

So my question is that before 30 April, 2021 should I have to land into Canada and If yes am I eligible to fly now??

Thanks in advance to help me out this..

Reactions: MPrins15

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

I have got the COPR and Visa Stamped Passport on 31 Dec, 2020. I want to know that am I eligible to fly to Canada. I am an Indian resident and below are the timelines of my Application:

PPR mail on 22 Nov 2020
(Note: On Visa and CoPR letter, both docs have mentioned that you have to land into Canada on or before 30 April, 2021)

So my question is that before 30 April, 2021 should I have to land into Canada and If yes am I eligible to fly now??

To be able to travel to Canada, you have to be exempt from the travel restrictions.

If we already approved your permanent resident application
If you’re outside Canada
Note: If your confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) is expired, follow these steps.

You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your COPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions.

You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR, and

• the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, or
  • the COPR was issued after March 18, 2020 and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time), or
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)
To meet the travel restriction exemptions, you must also

• be coming to Canada to settle permanently (you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary)
  • show you’re able to quarantine for 14 days
If you’re travelling by air, you need to pass a health check conducted by the airline before boarding a flight. If you show symptoms of COVID-19, you won’t be allowed to board.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

@Jack@

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
To be able to travel to Canada, you have to be exempt from the travel restrictions.

If we already approved your permanent resident application
If you’re outside Canada
Note: If your confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) is expired, follow these steps.

You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your COPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions.

You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR, and

• the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, or
  • the COPR was issued after March 18, 2020 and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time), or
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)
To meet the travel restriction exemptions, you must also

• be coming to Canada to settle permanently (you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary)
  • show you’re able to quarantine for 14 days
If you’re travelling by air, you need to pass a health check conducted by the airline before boarding a flight. If you show symptoms of COVID-19, you won’t be allowed to board.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved
Thank you..@legalfalcon

Reactions: legalfalcon

Vipin123

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
I raised a webform on Dec 18th, 2020 to get a status on my Medicals the status of which currently is - December 3, 2019, You have passed the medical.
No response on the web form till now. Any idea how long it might take under the current circumstances?

Vicky_D

May 6, 2020
Category........
FSW

PPR mail on 22 Nov 2020

May i know your visa office ?

Vicky_D

May 6, 2020
Category........
FSW

PPR mail on 22 Nov 2020

Hi
My baby was born just exactly 4 days before receiving PP Request.
I informed in the 1st week of Feb about the situation along with his birth certificate and also waited for their response.
I received a response to my web inquiry after receiving my COPR documents stating that I cannot use the old COPR papers and they are reopening my case again! I was also informed to submit some additional documents some forms, birth certificates, passport, medicals.
In recent days, I found 2 ghost updates in my portal.
Ghost Update#1 - My child's name is added to my dependents list.
Ghost Update#2 - not found any specific change in my portal/ received any email.
Any idea about how long will it take from here onwards ..?

Details:
Express Entry
FSW program
AOR Sep 13 2019
COPR # Feb 2020
Baby ADR # March 2020
Ghost Update#1 ---March 2020
Ghost Update#2 ---May 01 2020
Ghost Update#3 --- 27th Aug 2020
Ghost Update#4 --- 17th Dec 2020

Has anyone gone through this similar situation/experience?

Vicky_D

May 6, 2020
Category........
FSW

Hi
I informed in the 1st week of Feb about the situation along with his birth certificate and also waited for their response.
I received a response to my web inquiry after receiving my COPR documents stating that I cannot use the old COPR papers and they are reopening my case again! I was also informed to submit some additional documents some forms, birth certificates, passport, medicals.
Ghost Update#2 - not found any specific change in my portal/ received any email.

Details:
Express Entry
FSW program
AOR Sep 13 2019
COPR # Feb 2020
Baby ADR # March 2020

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Hi

Details:
Express Entry
FSW program
AOR Sep 13 2019
COPR # Feb 2020
Baby ADR # March 2020

If your family composition changes the new member has to be admissible under the law for criminality, security and medicals. for a new born, criminality and security are not done, only medical is, and this takes 1-3 months.

This is a fairly common process, once your new born is added, you will be issued new COPR for all family members.

yosupa

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
All folks (Mainly Inland) who have received Portal request for photograph/Canada Address Confirmation, did you all do your biometric?

I haven't done any biometric, not I received any request for doing my biometric.

But I received the portal request for submitting the photograph and address details. I understand next logical step is eCOPR.

So when do such applicants to biometric or biometric is exempted?

Thanks in advance.

Hasrat123

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
I recvd a mail today for re medical .. my last medical expired on 26 nov .. i am 7 month pregnent now .. what shud i do .. does it impact my file ... worried

Avleen sahota

Mar 6, 2020
All folks (Mainly Inland) who have received Portal request for photograph/Canada Address Confirmation, did you all do your biometric?

I haven't done any biometric, not I received any request for doing my biometric.

But I received the portal request for submitting the photograph and address details. I understand next logical step is eCOPR.

So when do such applicants to biometric or biometric is exempted?

Thanks in advance.
Anyone,who has already got the biometric done before in the last ten years. They are biometric exempted.

yosupa

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Anyone,who has already got the biometric done before in the last ten years. They are biometric exempted.
Thanks Avleen. I dont remember giving biometrics for Canada ever. Not sure how it will work. Anyways I will wait for instructions from IRCC.

Last edited:

Olu.wa.se.un

Nov 14, 2019
I recvd a mail today for re medical .. my last medical expired on 26 nov .. i am 7 month pregnent now .. what shud i do .. does it impact my file ... worried
You should be fine for remedical. However, when the baby is born. You will need to tell IRCC. It’s not a problem