+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

mk64

Dec 10, 2019
For your COPR to be revised, your application will have to be re-opened. It will take time. Usually if your cOPR expires, and your re unable to travel, you can contact IRCC, they will issue a new COPR. But before the new COPR is issued it has to be made sure that your Medicals and PPs are valid.
You will have to wait for a response from IRCC.
@legalfalcon thanks a lot for the reply. I'm currently living and working in Canada and have no plans to travel. I'm just worried about:
1) What happens to my status if my COPR expires and I haven't received my PR card
2) my COPR is showing my old passport as travel document. Is that an issue that needs to addressed on my side or is it okay the way it is.
Thanks a lot for your help.

pallavi_deo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
27-11-2019
Hi all,
On my GCMS notes, this is mention.

Primary Office - Centralized Intake Office

Secondary Office - CPC-Ottawa

What does this mean? Where is my application is it in Ottawa or CIC...I have searched everywhere but did not find the meaning of this.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon thanks a lot for the reply. I'm currently living and working in Canada and have no plans to travel. I'm just worried about:
1) What happens to my status if my COPR expires and I haven't received my PR card
2) my COPR is showing my old passport as travel document. Is that an issue that needs to addressed on my side or is it okay the way it is.
Thanks a lot for your help.

1. If you are already in Canada, your COPR should be processed and you should be a PR. The stamping requirements have been removed. So call IRCC and enquire about the process.

2. No, your COPR will reflect the document that was valid at the time of issue. So if it has an older passport, that is not a concern.

Reactions: mk64

Avleen sahota

Mar 6, 2020
Hello everyone
Anyone has idea about the applications (in trade) usually takes more time than expected or is it just delayed due to pandemic?
Please @legalfalcon and others need your opinions regarding this issue as I haven’t not heard anyone has got COPR/ PPR for long time?
Me AOR November 2019 still waiting not any updates yet?
thank you so much

gcarraro

Sep 3, 2020
Hey y’all!
just wondering here if anyone has any news of Outland applicants?
Had to leave Canada and I’m now stranded in Brazil with expired visas... but I’m paying rent and all my things are back in my apartment in Toronto - including some of my documents - :/ I really don’t want to sleep at my parents’ couch much longer...
Applied on the 28th of November, GCMS notes says everything approved already.. just waiting a decision... since April....

Looking for any kind of news! Thanks much!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
M
Hello everyone
Anyone has idea about the applications (in trade) usually takes more time than expected or is it just delayed due to pandemic?
Please @legalfalcon and others need your opinions regarding this issue as I haven’t not heard anyone has got COPR/ PPR for long time?
Me AOR November 2019 still waiting not any updates yet?
thank you so much

Most application are currently delayed fur to COVID.

As per IRCC's 2019 annual report the processing times were as follows:

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.
For FST, the processing time in 2019 was 12 months, and this was pre-cOVID.

Avleen sahota

Mar 6, 2020
M

Most application are currently delayed fur to COVID.

As per IRCC's 2019 annual report the processing times were as follows:

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.
For FST, the processing time in 2019 was 12 months, and this was pre-cOVID.
Thank you so much for this information..

Reactions: legalfalcon

Pooja Yadav

Apr 10, 2020
AOR 15th Nov Inland and waiting.

Hi,

My Application is also in the same state as yours. Am also Nov 2019 and my intake office is Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
Still waiting to hear back from them .The wait has become too long. According to the above chart my application will now be entering 12th month in FSW category.

• Sad
Reactions: yosupa

yunusyx

Mar 11, 2020
Hi all and @legalfalcon

We're in a bit of a situation and could use some feedback/advice. So my wife (dependent) and I found out we're expecting a baby recently which is due in June 2021. We've got our PPR request on Nov 21st 2020 and are just waiting to send the passports. Do we inform IRCC? How do we - webform or a covering letter with the passports? Does it effect our COPRs? Anyone who's in the same boat or can offer some advice we would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

P.S. Should also mention that we hope to have the baby in Canada and would like to land ASAP.

Okpure

Jul 5, 2019
Hi all and @legalfalcon

We're in a bit of a situation and could use some feedback/advice. So my wife (dependent) and I found out we're expecting a baby recently which is due in June 2021. We've got our PPR request on Nov 21st 2020 and are just waiting to send the passports. Do we inform IRCC? How do we - webform or a covering letter with the passports? Does it effect our COPRs? Anyone who's in the same boat or can offer some advice we would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

P.S. Should also mention that we hope to have the baby in Canada and would like to land ASAP.
Congratulations on the pregnancy and forthcoming baby. As regards notifying IRCC of the pregnancy, i do not think it is necessary, just send your passport and other requested document for yourself and wife(dependent) hopefully you will enter Canada before June when the baby will be born. If the baby was already born then it would have been a different case because then IRR will need update and ask for passport and medicals for the new addition.

Reactions: yunusyx

yunusyx

Mar 11, 2020
Congratulations on the pregnancy and forthcoming baby. As regards notifying IRCC of the pregnancy, i do not think it is necessary, just send your passport and other requested document for yourself and wife(dependent) hopefully you will enter Canada before June when the baby will be born. If the baby was already born then it would have been a different case because then IRR will need update and ask for passport and medicals for the new addition.
Thank you for your reply!

After going through a bit of reading and researching we have decided to let IRCC know via webform. With the current situation as it is we thought better to have informed than not. I hope it doesnt affect our COPR in anyway but I hope for the best.