+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

FamilyHilton

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Any views on how long the Canadian border will remain closed? I have a feeling that border will be open soon. We usually get the news for extension in the starting of every month. But this month no news. I am just being pessimistic. And desperate. And emotional. And worried. And curious.
Sadly I really don't think it will be anytime soon, cases are rising quite sharply in most provinces at the moment. BC & Alberta are seeing quite a lot of cases right now.

chopra.amit

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
I had dropped an email to CPC Ottawa. They have replied back today and it reads as your application is in queue for review by an officer. I had Medical, Criminality, Eligibility as passed and security as not initiated. What would this mean if anyone can help?
i have sent around 6 emails to Ottawa VO, none of them answered.

chopra.amit

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
What did you asked specifically to CPC office? Can we ask about the processing time? TIA
basically my security has not been initiated yet. and there is no movement since March-2020. I asked about that only and requested them to initiate the same and let me know in case of ADR.

Reactions: Vak2422

sunkilmoon

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Imagine Canada finally lifts its travel restrictions and starts releasing PRs. Hundreds of thousands of people head to Canada to look for jobs and housing. Most probably all in the same period of time. Imagine everyone competing with each other to get the job and a place to stay. It will make rents go up drastically and salaries go down. It's gonna be chaos. The more they wait with releasing PRs and the more new candidates they invite the more troubles all immigrants will get into in the future. Someone please prove me wrong.

nikhilkulkarni99

Apr 15, 2020
San Diego
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Imagine Canada finally lifts its travel restrictions and starts releasing PRs. Hundreds of thousands of people head to Canada to look for jobs and housing. Most probably all in the same period of time. Imagine everyone competing with each other to get the job and a place to stay. It will make rents go up drastically and salaries go down. It's gonna be chaos. The more they wait with releasing PRs and the more new candidates they invite the more troubles all immigrants will get into in the future. Someone please prove me wrong.
Not going to happen. There will be no PPRs released in big volumes. They will release them at the same rate as before. Expect long backlogs and waiting times like in the United States. It wont make sense to release so many PPRs during an economic recovery.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
I had dropped an email to CPC Ottawa. They have replied back today and it reads as your application is in queue for review by an officer. I had Medical, Criminality, Eligibility as passed and security as not initiated. What would this mean if anyone can help?
What is your aor and when did you pass your eligibility ?

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Not going to happen. There will be no PPRs released in big volumes. They will release them at the same rate as before. Expect long backlogs and waiting times like in the United States. It wont make sense to release so many PPRs during an economic recovery.
I believe that they will release PPRs slowly, but I do not think that the economic recovery is (or should be, at least) a negative factor. Highly skilled immigration is desirable to create jobs and boost the economy; the whole Canadian immigration program is based on this.

Johnjones222

Sep 10, 2020
Hello everyone , my aor is nov 15th 2019, Cec, and as per my gems notes my application was approved back in July, 3 weeks ago I received a phone call from IRCc Etobioke And was told it was the landing interview and the agent asked me detailed questions about my education , employment, various dates etc. interview lasted 20 minutes and at the end the agent told me that an officer will review this interview and make the final decision, has anyone else received a similar call ?dont they perform landing interviews when copr is already signed ? Has anyone had the same experience ? No copr or ppr yet ,don’t understand how an officer would be able to review the interview and make the decision when the application was approved and done back in July. Any input would be much appreciated

Last edited:

LaFontaine

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Hello everyone , my aor is nov 15th 2019, Cec, and as per my gems notes my application was approved back in July, 3 weeks ago I received a phone call from IRCc Etobioke And was told it was the landing interview and the agent asked me detailed questions about my education , employment, various dates etc. interview lasted 20 minutes and at the end the agent told me that an officer will review this interview and make the final decision, has anyone else received a similar call ?dont they perform landing interviews when copr is already signed ? Has anyone had the same experience ? No copr or ppr yet ,don’t understand how an officer would be able to review the interview and make the decision when the application was approved and done back in July. Any input would be much appreciated
...why would they tell you it's a landing interview and then say your file is yet to be finalized? So weird. I'd call them and ask about the status of your application tomorrow. Good luck!

Reactions: Johnjones222

Johnjones222

Sep 10, 2020
...why would they tell you it's a landing interview and then say your file is yet to be finalized? So weird. I'd call them and ask about the status of your application tomorrow. Good luck!
Yes it’s really wired, Since usually at the end of landing interview they say for example congrats you’re now pr etc and send copr shortly, but so far no communication from them , at the beginning of interview agent said if anything is kept , lied about etc I will be rejected and then said no need to bring any documents and started asking question.from what I had read landing interviews usually take max 2 or 3 minutes with 3 simple questions , nothing makes sense to me in regards to this interview, usually service Canada agents conduct landing interviews ,but the agent introduced himself as immigration. Is there a chance of rejection at this point? Is There a possibility that the interviewer didn’t like the result of the interview and reopens the approved application and rejects me ? Yes I will definitely try to call them

Syeda Saher

Jan 20, 2020
Yes it’s really wired, Since usually at the end of landing interview they say for example congrats you’re now pr etc and send copr shortly, but so far no communication from them , at the beginning of interview agent said if anything is kept , lied about etc I will be rejected and then said no need to bring any documents and started asking question.from what I had read landing interviews usually take max 2 or 3 minutes with 3 simple questions , nothing makes sense to me in regards to this interview, usually service Canada agents conduct landing interviews ,but the agent introduced himself as immigration. Is there a chance of rejection at this point? Is There a possibility that the interviewer didn’t like the result of the interview and reopens the approved application and rejects me ? Yes I will definitely try to call them
I hope I am wrong but I have a feeling it was a scam call. I hope you didn't share any personal or confidential information.

Johnjones222

Sep 10, 2020
I hope I am wrong but I have a feeling it was a scam call. I hope you didn't share any personal or confidential information.
Yes exactly my thought as well since it doesn’t match the landing interview pattern and no copr yet. The landing interview happened on Thursday 3 weeks ago and around 9:15 am today I saw a ghost update on my account first since March. Not sure why I got a ghost update since application was approved back in July and not sure what is left to work on the application after approval. Could it be that they have reopened the application to reverse the approved decision because of the result of the interview and this ghost update indicates that? I just called ircc in regards to this issue, I asked if this was a scam and also why I haven’t received copr right after this interview , the agent said this was a genuine landing interview from ircc and currently they are doing the administrative process of issuing the copr letter and I should receive it via email or online Shortly. But since I had read here that even after virtual landing interviews copr is either already signed or will be signed like an hour or two after the interview is done and will be sent right after, I asked the agent why this is talking this long and agent stated it’s because of the current COVID situation. Not sure what to think since the landing phone call interviewing agent At the end of the interview said an officer will make a final decision based on the result of the interview and now the ircc call center agent states copr is being processed and will be sent shorty. The whole situation is really weird and haven’t been able to find a case that matches mine. Never seen A case in which ircc reviews the approved application decision after landing interview to see if they want to keep approval or reject either.

Last edited:

h1b2pr

Mar 22, 2017
As an outsider when you can think about that, don't you think Canadian govt might have thought about it already?
I would guess they will release PPRs batch wise depending on situation.

Reactions: HelloCanada910