+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

jeslinjthomas

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
Just now I have called IRCC and got below information on my application. I got a GU in my account on Monday and I didn't receive any emails.
Eligibility : Passed
Criminality: Passed
Security: Passed
Medical Passed
Agent told me that it may take time get the approval/PPR request since IRCC is currently working with limited staff.

Please find my timeline:
CEC-Inland
AOR: Nov 26 - 2019
Med: Dec 12 - 2019
GU1: March 9 - 2020(Background status changed from "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check" to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information". But didn't receive any emails.
GU2: April 2020 - no changes in profile and no email
Waiting fro Final Decision and PPR......

VO is Edmonton

Happy to share that IRCC is processing applications.
My AIR is November 21 2019, but eligibility is still recommended pass, Criminality-Passed, Security-Not yet started.

I received a GU in March 1st week. No updates after that...

GeorgeYu

Apr 22, 2020
My AOR was on Nov. 13th 2019. The process has reached 88%, my work permit will expire by the end of June. Due to the current situation, very possibly the PPR will not come by the end of June. I know I can apply for a BOWP, I think the BOWP is slow as well. By my work permit expiring neither PPR nor BOWP arrived, I think I can still stay in Canada while waiting, but do I still have the public health insurance? As the health card will be expired at the same day as work permit.

jeslinjthomas

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
My AOR was on Nov. 13th 2019. The process has reached 88%, my work permit will expire by the end of June. Due to the current situation, very possibly the PPR will not come by the end of June. I know I can apply for a BOWP, I think the BOWP is slow as well. By my work permit expiring neither PPR nor BOWP arrived, I think I can still stay in Canada while waiting, but do I still have the public health insurance? As the health card will be expired at the same day as work permit.
What is your app status like eligibility and other things.. If you have received second GHost update, then there is something on in your profile

GeorgeYu

Apr 22, 2020
What is your app status like eligibility and other things.. If you have received second GHost update, then there is something on in your profile
Medical passed Dec 4th
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
It stays like this for months. I noticed a GU a while ago. Don't remember exactly when, probably Feb or Jan. But that was the only one I noticed. Not sure if I missed one if I didn't check it very often.

HelloCanada910

Star Member
Sep 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
07-11-2019
Just now I have called IRCC and got below information on my application. I got a GU in my account on Monday and I didn't receive any emails.
Eligibility : Passed
Criminality: Passed
Security: Passed
Medical Passed
Agent told me that it may take time get the approval/PPR request since IRCC is currently working with limited staff.

Please find my timeline:
CEC-Inland
AOR: Nov 26 - 2019
Med: Dec 12 - 2019
GU1: March 9 - 2020(Background status changed from "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check" to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information". But didn't receive any emails.
GU2: April 2020 - no changes in profile and no email
Waiting fro Final Decision and PPR......

VO is Edmonton

Happy to share that IRCC is processing applications.
Just curious, is that possible that they are processing inland applications as I saw couple of inland people providing updates.

josekthomas

Oct 4, 2019
I applied GCMS Notes 1 month before and below are the latest comments.
Security not Started.

Case Analyst:
Recommend Pass.
CEC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Appears met ready to finalize RPRF: Complete

Does that mean all other checks are good?

GeorgeYu

Apr 22, 2020
Just curious, is that possible that they are processing inland applications as I saw couple of inland people providing updates.
I feel like they are still processing the application, but just not sending PPRs at the moment. As the IRCC site says submitting passport and documents are not available. From https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application I don't see any PPRs after mid March at least the visa office within Canada.

Reactions: HelloCanada910

tomdele

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Just got a response from the webform which I raised last week:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made on the application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision.

callmemrx

Jan 21, 2020
Hey guys, I called IRCC and spoke with an agent regarding my file. Apparently my file has been transferred from CPC Edmonton to Ottawa's office which is good news I guess and shows progress. Also, my criminality check has been passed. But my eligibility is still being verified. That's a bit frustrating considering that I'm an inland CEC applicant with only 11 more days left on my original timeline.
The agent also stated that PPRs have not been issued for a while (over a month) and all landing/interview appointments are cancelled. So even if we get our PPRs with the current situation the Permanent Residency won't get finalized. You can find my timeline here:

Inland CEC applicant
Progress: 94%
VO: CPC Edmonton -> Transferred to Ottawa
ITA: October 30th 2019
CRS: 481
AOR: November 3rd 2019
Medicals Passed: December 2nd 2019
1st Ghost Update: February 27th 2020
GCMS note ordered: April 16th 2020
-----
Current status:

Review of eligibility
Review of medical results
December 2, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
We do not need additional documents.
Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

GeorgeYu

Apr 22, 2020
Just got a response from the webform which I raised last week:

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made on the application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision.
What is your application status looks like now? Any updates when the decision has been made?

Temidayo_

Dec 3, 2019
Hey guys, I called IRCC and spoke with an agent regarding my file. Apparently my file has been transferred from CPC Edmonton to Ottawa's office which is good news I guess and shows progress. Also, my criminality check has been passed. But my eligibility is still being verified. That's a bit frustrating considering that I'm an inland CEC applicant with only 11 more days left on my original timeline.
The agent also stated that PPRs have not been issued for a while (over a month) and all landing/interview appointments are cancelled. So even if we get our PPRs with the current situation the Permanent Residency won't get finalized. You can find my timeline here:

Inland CEC applicant
Progress: 94%
VO: CPC Edmonton -> Transferred to Ottawa
ITA: October 30th 2019
CRS: 481
AOR: November 3rd 2019
Medicals Passed: December 2nd 2019
1st Ghost Update: February 27th 2020
GCMS note ordered: April 16th 2020
-----
Current status:

Review of eligibility
Review of medical results
December 2, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
We do not need additional documents.
Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
Final decision
Pheew. this calms me a bit because my current status reads the same but I have not been able to call IRCC. but going by your discussion with them, this status does not mean that nothing is being done. I will just have to be patient, also I am an outland applicant and my AOR is Nov 22nd. Hopefully we get to hear what we have been expecting.

Last edited:
Reactions: callmemrx

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
I submitted a webform on April 17th, where I told them I got a message on April 6th that my account was updated but that there was no change in my online status. Here is the response I received:

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied have been passed,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The medical examination results on file are currently valid.
Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

AEdna100

Star Member
Apr 14, 2020
Well now your story entirely changes, it might be regarded as misrepresentation even though unintentional. Not sure what to say here, I don’t have any experience in this kind of situation.
I just got off a call with IRCC agent and they said my eligibility is passed. How accurate is their information? Can I rely on what was said from them?

jeslinjthomas

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
I just got off a call with IRCC agent and they said my eligibility is passed. How accurate is their information? Can I rely on what was said from them?
That means you have passed. When I called them , they said eligibility is still in progress. Did you had any Ghost Update recently?