+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

KSIN814

Nov 11, 2020
Hi,

A quick question everyone, I have my passport expiring in Aug 2021, means I just have until mid of feb 2021 to travel (as we need min 6 months validity to travel). If, I apply for a new passport now, how will it impact my COPR? I am worried that just in case if I get the COPR closer to the date, I will have to apply for a new one and then again intimate IRCC and the application might get delayed further! Any thoughts please....

Cadlady

Star Member
Nov 25, 2020
Hi,

A quick question everyone, I have my passport expiring in Aug 2021, means I just have until mid of feb 2021 to travel (as we need min 6 months validity to travel). If, I apply for a new passport now, how will it impact my COPR? I am worried that just in case if I get the COPR closer to the date, I will have to apply for a new one and then again intimate IRCC and the application might get delayed further! Any thoughts please....
I’ll advise you wait until Feb. then renew and update via webform. I did same.

Reactions: KSIN814

Engineer43

May 9, 2019
Hi,

Did anyone received following email from IRCC, looks like its random email:

We're still working on your application.

You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email to this address:
XXXXXXXXXXX

Learn more about what to expect while you're waiting for us to process your application.

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
Hi,

You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email to this address:
XXXXXXXXXXX

Learn more about what to expect while you're waiting for us to process your application.
Yep, I got it. Probably everybody got it.

It is to calm down applicants who've been waiting for more than a year and haven't got their PPR yet.

$R27

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
App. Filed.......
11 October 2019
I haven't received any email yet...not even a technical glitch :(

yosupa

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Hi,

XXXXXXXXXXX

I just received it yesterday. Not sure if that helps at all. Last I had received was in June, almost 5 months but nothing happened post that. yes I Had requested GCMS notes., not sure any correlation as this time around also I have raised GCMS notes.

ThePatnaGuy

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
It happened fast.. I got the confirmation of delivery from Fedex the next day - in another couple of days, I received an email from CIC about the update in the system, the CIC portal shows "Approved".. and then received a return tracker update today. Hoping to receive the passports tomorrow. So, end to end is around 10 days.

We received our COPR and passports today. We are living in the US and wanted to check whether we are exempt from travel to Canada.

As per the below site, it appears we are exempt since we have a valid COPR and
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

However, I would not assume and would like to confirm with the experts if we should plan our movement to Canada.

@legalfalcon @Fisheye1