+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

S Kennedy

Oct 1, 2016
Banff, Alberta.
Visa Office......
CIO Ottawa
Its really a positive sign that someone has received a CoPR email. But may I ask how did you get to know that the processing center mentioned in the email is closed as I couldn't find any such information on the IRCC website.
I called up IRCC +1 (888) 242-2100. I was advised not to submit my passport to the address listed in the message, since the IRCC offices are closed!

He also mentioned over the call IRCC could plan an alternative landing instead of sending out passports in!

ESS1925

Jun 29, 2020
I called up IRCC +1 (888) 242-2100. I was advised not to submit my passport to the address listed in the message, since the IRCC offices are closed!

He also mentioned over the call IRCC could plan an alternative landing instead of sending out passports in!
This is incredibly funny from their part!! They send a PPR then they say don't send the passport we may put in place a new landing process xD. But still this is great news it shows that things are maybe starting to move in the right direction.

ESS1925

Jun 29, 2020
https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/thousands-of-lives-on-hold-as-immigration-system-remains-largely-shut-down-1.5031224

The numbers this year compared to last are likely to drop further, as Canada typically welcomes more immigrants later in the year, said Howard Ramos, a sociology professor at Western University who researches immigration.

There are two plausible scenarios, he said.

The first is the government rolls over the number of people it was willing to admit this year into next year, creating a double cohort.

The other is that the flow of people slows down as potential newcomers, particularly economic immigrants, choose other countries where the novel coronavirus is less prevalent. Given that so much of Canada's economic growth is fuelled by migration, that is a worrying scenario, he said.

"The time to have been working on this was immediately back in March, and it cannot be postponed," Ramos said.

"It's going to require bold decisionmaking."

Reactions: S Kennedy

S Kennedy

Oct 1, 2016
Banff, Alberta.
Visa Office......
CIO Ottawa
https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/thousands-of-lives-on-hold-as-immigration-system-remains-largely-shut-down-1.5031224

The numbers this year compared to last are likely to drop further, as Canada typically welcomes more immigrants later in the year, said Howard Ramos, a sociology professor at Western University who researches immigration.

There are two plausible scenarios, he said.

The first is the government rolls over the number of people it was willing to admit this year into next year, creating a double cohort.

The other is that the flow of people slows down as potential newcomers, particularly economic immigrants, choose other countries where the novel coronavirus is less prevalent. Given that so much of Canada's economic growth is fuelled by migration, that is a worrying scenario, he said.

"The time to have been working on this was immediately back in March, and it cannot be postponed," Ramos said.

"It's going to require bold decisionmaking."
Yeah, sounds like they do need a bold move!

S Kennedy

Oct 1, 2016
Banff, Alberta.
Visa Office......
CIO Ottawa
This is incredibly funny from their part!! They send a PPR then they say don't send the passport we may put in place a new landing process xD. But still this is great news it shows that things are maybe starting to move in the right direction.
Yeah, they've been saying the same to people who were calling IRCC from last few weeks!

ikim13

Apr 10, 2019
Yes, I have submitted a Webform and sent them my renewed passport on July 10th. And then received a GU on July 16th.
First of, thank you so much for sharing this amazing news. You have no idea how much hope your comment gave to another outlander like me who are currently living in the US. I am a Nov 21 AOR PNP-O.

Based on what you mentioned, it does sound like it's PPR! Therefore, CONGRATULATIONS. That's whats up. So, the IRCC agent mentioned that you are not advised to submit your passport even though you obtained the email? Does that mean IRCC is currently navigating other ways to help us finalize our outland application and move to Canada? Since they recently eliminated the March 18 rule for outlanders living in the US, as long as we can get COPR, we can travel to Canada to settle! Any insights on this or heard anything about it?

I really wish I could get PPR soon as well! It looks like submitting the passport for the single entry visa is still required? I am from a visa exempt country so not sure if that's going to make my procedure any easier for COPR. Please keep us posted on this one and thank you so much for sharing and providing hope to this long lasting waiting for the PPR game.

Reactions: KoKo_

S Kennedy

Oct 1, 2016
Banff, Alberta.
Visa Office......
CIO Ottawa
The IRCC agent on the line used these exact words. "IRCC is still figuring out a possible alternative landing approach for outlanders"

From this i thought following could happen, and these are purely my thoughts,
1. They could send COPR document to emails and ask applicants of residents living in US to travel. (Not sure if this option could only be for visa free nation's citizen living in US or for any resident living in US)
2. They could ask us to travel to the border with PPR email.
3. Or some other way we never thought of!

you're close, stay positive. You'll get your PR soon!

and yes, if you are from non-visa free nation's citizen living in US, you need a single entry visa in your passport to travel to Canada. Least for now, unless IRCC comes up with something that may waive this condition for folks in US!

Reactions: ESS1925

ikim13

Apr 10, 2019
The IRCC agent on the line used these exact words. "IRCC is still figuring out a possible alternative landing approach for outlanders"

From this i thought following could happen, and these are purely my thoughts,
1. They could send COPR document to emails and ask applicants of residents living in US to travel. (Not sure if this option could only be for visa free nation's citizen living in US or for any resident living in US)
2. They could ask us to travel to the border with PPR email.
3. Or some other way we never thought of!

you're close, stay positive. You'll get your PR soon!

and yes, if you are from non-visa free nation's citizen living in US, you need a single entry visa in your passport to travel to Canada. Least for now, unless IRCC comes up with something that may waive this condition for folks in US!

Thanks for the thoughtful reply! That is super helpful. Yeah it definitely sounds like Canada is trying to bring the outlanders in the US. Fingers crossed and def keep us posted. This is really really exciting/optimistic news. Tbh, I didn't expect any outlanders to receive ppr anytime before September. So, it's a lot earlier than I expected, which is great.

Pofsally

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
That person might be currently in canada. There was a similar case before. There are many september and october aor applications waiting to be finalized or already approved. I think they would be the priority. I hope I am wrong with my assumptions, I really wish they start distributing pprs for outlanders.

Reactions: Lamari
Jun 21, 2020
From CIO/BRCD
The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our department to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION

If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via email IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

· Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;

· Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;

· Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;

· You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

STEP 2: DETERMINE IF YOU NEED TO SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT(S)

· Determine if you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada, by checking this website:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/entry-requirements-country.html .

· If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. To avoid complications with international travel, it is recommended that your passport(s) be valid for at least 6 months. Your passport must have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child. Please note that you STILL need to submit the passport even if:

o You have a valid Canadian temporary residence visa.

o You are a permanent resident of the U.S.A AND holder of passport from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada.

· If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or a holder of passport(s) from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your original passport(s). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months.

If you are currently residing in Canada and you intend to travel by air to another country prior to becoming a permanent resident, you will be required to apply and obtain an eTA prior to boarding.

***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.

2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

3. One pre-paid return envelope so that we can return your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents. See Step 4 for instructions regarding the return envelope.

IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.

· If you have a mailing address in Canada:

- The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.

- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:

CPC – Ottawa – PR

PO Box 8781
Ottawa, ON K1G 4B9

DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.

· If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:

- The Self-Addressed pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A.

- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:

CPCO – PR VISA

US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports

365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

COMPLETE ANNEX A FOUND AT THE END OF THIS DOCUMENT AND SUBMIT IT WITH YOUR DOCUMENTS.

Regards,

Centralized Intake Office

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Government of Canada
Can I know what was your AOR date in November ? Just wanted to guess the expected date as mine was Nov 29th.

Having said that, Thank you so much for this update Kennedy and further info from others on the FSW Outlander applications after a long gap of no-updates! Definitely a good news. Hopefully every other pending requests will be processed successfully.

Engineer43

May 9, 2019
That person might be currently in canada. There was a similar case before. There are many september and october aor applications waiting to be finalized or already approved. I think they would be the priority. I hope I am wrong with my assumptions, I really wish they start distributing pprs for outlanders.
I am 28 Nov 2019 applicant FSW, still waiting ...