+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

Izas

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
Can you
Hi guys,

Just updating you all. My partner received a letter today confirming transfer of my application to London Visa Office.

Finally some movement after nearly 4.5 months. Just dreading the notorious backlog at London visa office.
share your timeline

HarjotDhaliwal

Star Member
Mar 8, 2019
Punjab
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
Doc's Request.
24-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-3-2019
My Primary office is : CIO.
Secondary Office1: New Delhi
Secondary Office2: OSC: Operation Support Centre
Secondary Office3: CPC Mississauga.

The message says the file has been transferred, but when i call CIC two days back, they told me that the file should be in sydney, as they have not received any update regarding the file transfer. Also, i have not got amy email, GCKey, ecas update of transfer. So, at this point i am not sure where the file is ? Also, should i not get medical before the file transfer which i have not got until now. Also this message was created on February end.

Do you know what it means?

Thanks
Seme happened to me .. dont wrry .. ur file will be transferred once u pass criminality.. my gcms notes said the same nd call centre guy told me its still in syndey . I got file transfer email yest .. so dun wrry once ur criminality is passed ur file will be transferred

klawsur

Star Member
Jan 4, 2019
That’s great news ☺.
PA is resident in London with Indian passport.
What is your timeline?
Same like yours accept I have payed for biometric but still they have not requested. PA is from Iraq but lived in Sweden now he is back in Iraq

Reactions: Sh3l

Sh3l

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Same like yours accept I have payed for biometric but still they have not requested. PA is from Iraq but lived in Sweden now he is back in Iraq
Fair enough! I'm not required to do biometrics, so probably we are on the same route.

Just wondering how long does London visa office usually take to make decision once application is transferred.

klawsur

Star Member
Jan 4, 2019
Fair enough! I'm not required to do biometrics, so probably we are on the same route.

Just wondering how long does London visa office usually take to make decision once application is transferred.
That is my biggest concern since it’s London!! I have read some people situation hopefully we won’t run into it. All I am hoping for we still have 4 months, that it will be enough time for them to process.

Reactions: Sh3l

Sh3l

Star Member
May 22, 2019
That is my biggest concern since it’s London!! I have read some people situation hopefully we won’t run into it. All I am hoping for we still have 4 months, that it will be enough time for them to process.
I have been reading the same, and unfortunately its not the fastest. From what I have read, on an average they take 9-10 months all together from the day the application is initially received by CIC , but again that's for people who have had their files transferred in the 3rd or 4th month of their timeline, from which then London visa office takes another 5-6 months . Wonder, how long is it gona be for us considering our application was transferred in the 7th/8th month of our timeliine :/

Reactions: sveta

Sh3l

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Same here. Today got mail about transfer to London. I guess it will be now a long wait again...
I am glad that you too have some movement happening now. Seems like our applications are moving at the same pace, hopefully we get some good news soon but knowing we have been transferred to London visa office,I don't want to get too excited.

maxprostomax

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
It doesn't really matter when your file is transferred. Actual processing time in VisaCenter is quick the rest of the time no one touches and it is in waiting line by the date of when you have applied to Sydney.

Visa office could get your file in January but would start really working on it in May.

Sh3l

Star Member
May 22, 2019
It doesn't really matter when your file is transferred. Actual processing time in VisaCenter is quick the rest of the time no one touches and it is in waiting line by the date of when you have applied to Sydney.

Visa office could get your file in January but would start really working on it in May.
Probably then will just have to wait for the local visa office to pick up our file now . Hope they don’t take as long as Sydney took to transfer it.

Reactions: pasqguz and sveta

SarahChateauneuf

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
I'll be crazy! I live in Brazil, my hubby is in Calgary, we are separated since November/18, my Visitor visa was denied and we aplied on 26 November. Since 13 Match when i passed on medical exams, I no nave updates, any updates...they dont request additional documents, my process not has transfered for any VO....4 months stoped. And now???

klawsur

Star Member
Jan 4, 2019
Anyone who’s file got transferred to London visa office has received a letter saying that they have your file ???