+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

jaygill

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Category........
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Dear members

We got an email from NDVO to submit photographs showing marrige rituals,and together family pics,please if some one can guide how many photographs will be sufficient to meet the requirements.
We have submitted 20 pics when file was
Sent to Sydney office.
Regards
When was your file transferred to New Delhi?

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
@JoshC

JOSH!!! Josh!!!! Lol

I know you’ve been a bit absent because of ur lack of activity and waiting on ur notes. I have a qs whenever you pop ur head in, if you don’t mind too terribly.

For submitting the additional docs/pics into a file, do you know if it should be a PDF or WRD file? I’m KNOW I’m going to have send them an obscene amount of things, PDF seems the better option but does CIC accept pdf? Do you know if it’s VO specific as to what they accept? I’m sure they’ll let me know in the email they eventually send us, but I kinda wanted to compile it an have it at the ready lol. Any help would be super appreciated. :)
@svilli is correct, PDF is fine.

Yeah I’m nowhere near as active at the moment, I’m enjoying my time with my daughter :) All quiet on my application too, I’ve stopped checking ECAS everyday :rolleyes:

kishvih

May 7, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS ----> NDVO
App. Filed.......
06-12-2018
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
19-02-2019
AOR Received.
06-01-2019
File Transfer...
07-05-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2018
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Waiting
I

So does that mean background is being done in Sydney? As my husband is at the 6 month mark and still no word.

Hi All, I think this will be a Good News for those who are waiting for file transfer from CIO Sydney.
I have submitted my Application : Dec 6th 2018. Sponsorship Approval : 19th Feb 2019, Medical Passed : 25th Feb 2019 till then my file has not been transfered from CIO Sydney.
But today my Background status changed to : We are Processing your Background check
That means they are processing our applications in Sydney itself without transfer.
Do anyone got this update.

Yesterday i speak to CIC agent. She told me that because of work sharing concept between VO's, CIO sydney is processing some outland applications in CIO sydney itself. Hope without transfer of file everyone should get PPR mail suddenly. Wish everyone best of luck who are on same boat.:)

klawsur

Star Member
Jan 4, 2019
Hi All, I think this will be a Good News for those who are waiting for file transfer from CIO Sydney.
I have submitted my Application : Dec 6th 2018. Sponsorship Approval : 19th Feb 2019, Medical Passed : 25th Feb 2019 till then my file has not been transfered from CIO Sydney.
But today my Background status changed to : We are Processing your Background check
That means they are processing our applications in Sydney itself without transfer.
Do anyone got this update.

Yesterday i speak to CIC agent. She told me that because of work sharing concept between VO's, CIO sydney is processing some outland applications in CIO sydney itself. Hope without transfer of file everyone should get PPR mail suddenly. Wish everyone best of luck who are on same boat.:)

I thought only a visa office, like an embassy can issue a visa ????

laurenelise

Nov 11, 2018
Hey,

We have a very very similar timeline and also transferred to Sydney, Aus. We're in the same boat as you with lots of action at the beginning with AOR1, SA, File Transfer, AOR2, Medical, all happening within about 6 weeks. It's been radio silence for the last 6 weeks since then, though. I think that's probably pretty normal. They gave us a lot of communication at the beginning to get the information they needed, and now our files are likely in a cue for processing. I'm hopeful that June will be our time! Looking back across the last year on the spreadsheet that this forum keeps, the (very few) Australian applications seem to get processed in the 6-8 month range...

Yes I've heard from a few others with the same kind of timeline that they've had the same thing. Will be interested to see any updates you have when they come through! Fingers crossed for June :):):)

Reactions: RikkiSt

MORGESDREAMS

Star Member
May 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-5-2016
Passport Req..
8nov 2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2016
LANDED..........
27-11-2016

aaryzeam

May 8, 2019
Hello everyone any updates for November 2018 spousal sponsorship outland? Still no progress for me though my last email was February 27, 2019 saying that my application was transferred to CPC Mississauga. Hoping for a good news this month of May. I really miss my husband y’all know how it feels to be away with our loved ones right. Sending good vibes to all and please don’t forget to share you’re good news too! It’s a relief

Reactions: Nidajk

jaggy257

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Just checked online and it’s decision made for principal applicant...no ppr yet...have a good weekend everyone :):D timeline below

Application type - Outland Applicant (Applicant is in India)
Sponsor - Canadian Citizen
Application received date - Dec 28, 2018
AOR 1 - Feb 20, 2019
Sponsor Approval - Feb 28, 2019
Medical Received - Feb 28, 2019
Medical Completed - March 04, 2019
Medical Passed - March 08, 2019
File Transfer to CPC-M - March 08, 2019
AOR 2 - May 10, 2019
BGC - May 10, 2019
DM Made - May 10, 2019
PPR - Coming soon

zeninmaking

Jul 18, 2018
Hey Guys,

I am the sponsor and husband - and I just realized that the CIC have been communicating with me with an error in my name (a couple of letters swapped). Now, my wife has the application approved and is yet to collect the passport but I was wondering if my name being incorrect will reflect on any of the documents and if it will be an issue?

Thanks!

paint.thinner

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2014
Nomination.....
November 2014
AOR Received.
January 2015
Med's Request
November 2015
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
December 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 2015
Hey Guys,

I am the sponsor and husband - and I just realized that the CIC have been communicating with me with an error in my name (a couple of letters swapped). Now, my wife has the application approved and is yet to collect the passport but I was wondering if my name being incorrect will reflect on any of the documents and if it will be an issue?

Thanks!
Is it possible for you to mention the correct name and the name they have been using? No pressure, so totally upto you. I am asking because I have heard that if you have a really long name or something, they might use something that is shorter or something.

When you submitted the application, did you keep a copy of the papers you submitted? Can you go back and check if you submitted your names correctly? When did they start spelling your name incorrectly? Since AOR1?

It's probably best to call them and let them know that you discovered this recently so want to make sure it is corrected on their end and does not become a big issue in the future. I am assuming your wife got DM/PPR? It could be a problem when she lands in Canada as a PR. Please share some details if you can. Thanks

zeninmaking

Jul 18, 2018
Is it possible for you to mention the correct name and the name they have been using? No pressure, so totally upto you. I am asking because I have heard that if you have a really long name or something, they might use something that is shorter or something.

When you submitted the application, did you keep a copy of the papers you submitted? Can you go back and check if you submitted your names correctly? When did they start spelling your name incorrectly? Since AOR1?

It's probably best to call them and let them know that you discovered this recently so want to make sure it is corrected on their end and does not become a big issue in the future. I am assuming your wife got DM/PPR? It could be a problem when she lands in Canada as a PR. Please share some details if you can. Thanks
Thanks for the reply!

I am assuming AOR is Acknowledgement of Receipt? That would be Jan 24 and my name is correct on this document.
After that, I got an email saying I'm eligible to be a sponsor in Feb - again, my name is correct here.
Then I got two emails - one on Mar 14 and the other on Apr 18 - advising me to submit additional documents and then the passport request respectively. My name on both these documents is incorrect. It is supposed to be KALYAN but they somehow made it KAYLAN

paint.thinner

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2014
Nomination.....
November 2014
AOR Received.
January 2015
Med's Request
November 2015
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
December 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 2015
I am assuming AOR is Acknowledgement of Receipt?
That is correct.

Then I got two emails - one on Mar 14 and the other on Apr 18 - advising me to submit additional documents and then the passport request respectively. My name on both these documents is incorrect. It is supposed to be KALYAN but they somehow made it KAYLAN
I am assuming you are the sponsor and also your wife's representative and that is why you got the additional document requests and PassPort Request for your wife. So these recent emails had your name spelled incorrectly - must be a human error. You can probably call them up and let them know what is going on. However, not very confident if that is what you should do, so may be wait for some more experienced members in this forum to share their opinions?