+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

zeninmaking

Jul 18, 2018
That is correct.

I am assuming you are the sponsor and also your wife's representative and that is why you got the additional document requests and PassPort Request for your wife. So these recent emails had your name spelled incorrectly - must be a human error. You can probably call them up and let them know what is going on. However, not very confident if that is what you should do, so may be wait for some more experienced members in this forum to share their opinions?
Yes, I'm the sponsor and the representative.

Thank you! I'll wait for more inputs from other members.

Reactions: paint.thinner

SarahChateauneuf

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
Hello, I am very worried because since March 14 I passed the medical exams and my application was not transferred and did not start the background check. I see a lot of people around here have the application stopped, too.
I'm from Brazil. What logic will they have to make the queue walk? Is it by country of origin? Will it be by medical examination approval date? I just wanted the background check to start, my application has been stopped for 2 months.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hello, I am very worried because since March 14 I passed the medical exams and my application was not transferred and did not start the background check. I see a lot of people around here have the application stopped, too.
I'm from Brazil. What logic will they have to make the queue walk? Is it by country of origin? Will it be by medical examination approval date? I just wanted the background check to start, my application has been stopped for 2 months.
There's nothing to worry about. There is no standard processing or flow of the steps. Long periods of silence are common and expected. Try not to worry!

Nidajk

Mar 15, 2019
Yes that is the case with a lot of us and we dont have any info as to why there is a period of silence

There's nothing to worry about. There is no standard processing or flow of the steps. Long periods of silence are common and expected. Try not to worry!
Easier said than done :(

Reactions: pasqguz

Eighty six

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
I just checked my gckey and something is different before it was you may not hear from us for a liitle while etc.. And now it's like "make sure u read all the messages we sent to u" something like that what's that supposed to mean?

mughira

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Apparently mine has been stopped for more than 3 months :p .

Yeah I agree with this.
I noticed that December applications are being transferred faster than August - November applications; transfers are mostly to local visa offices other than Mississauga. So hopefully our applications will be processed within one year from date of receiving, and will be processed either in Mississauga or Sydney NS itself. Good luck to all of us :)

I just wonder that my medical results were uploaded on 10th Feb 2019 and hopefully when the file is processed within the given time then I would need to land before Feb 2020 because medical results are valid for one year only. Isn't it so?

Last edited:

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Yes that is the case with a lot of us and we dont have any info as to why there is a period of silence

Easier said than done :(
Apparently mine has been stopped for more than 3 months :p .

Yeah I agree with this.
I noticed that December applications are being transferred faster than August - November applications; transfers are mostly to local visa offices other than Mississauga. So hopefully our applications will be processed within one year from date of receiving, and will be processed either in Mississauga or Sydney NS itself. Good luck to all of us :)

I just wonder that my medical results were uploaded on 10th Feb 2019 and hopefully when the file is processed within the given time then I would need to land before Feb 2020 because medical results are valid for one year only. Isn't it so?
Easier said than done - trust me, I went through it myself. I get it. It sucks when you're going through it but it's worth it in the end!

They consistently are changing the flow internally on how they process.

There is no info to give on why there's silence. It's either because it's in progress and they're waiting on information from other entities, or because they are working on other applications. They are not dedicated to one application at a time.

The variations in processing are completely normal and it's always been this way with spousal sponsorship.

Medicals are only valid for one year. If you have not finished the process by then they will either extend the validity of the medical or ask for a new one.

Reactions: JoshC and Nidajk

aby1098

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
FAM
I just checked my gckey and something is different before it was you may not hear from us for a liitle while etc.. And now it's like "make sure u read all the messages we sent to u" something like that what's that supposed to mean?
you might hit the 6 month mark ! this message change happens at that time !

vinothku

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Some of the December applicants are getting emails today for file transfers...anyone here any news?
Seems like people who had their background check started have recieved transfer and for folks whose b/g checks have started do not get the transfer email.

Reactions: aby1098

aby1098

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
FAM
Seems like people who had their background check started have recieved transfer and for folks whose b/g checks have started do not get the transfer email.
True ! i think they update background check started when they finish the criminal check!

ryanfmartin

Dec 4, 2018
I'm applying outbound from the US to live in Montreal and the CSQ process is slowing down my application considerably (first my credit card got rejected, and now it's just moving through at a snail's pace). I've had to request an extension at CIC once already, and just requested another since MIDI says my application will likely take another 2-4 weeks. Overall, I'm still not too worried, by my move date to Montreal is fast approaching for late June. My wife and kids are all Canadian citizens, so getting them moved isn't a problem. I just wanted to get it reiterated here that my understanding is correct--that as a US citizen I can stay in Canada for 6 months without a visa and that will have no affect on my outbound application. Is that right? And do I have to have a US address to send communication to? Can it be a PO Box if that's all that remains of my footprint in the US?

vinothku

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
I don’t quite understand you

And what’s the indicator of bgc started? Line 2 on ecas or the status on gckey?
What i meant was, in my case the background processing has not started. It looks like the folks whose background process has not started have not received the transfer email.

jaygill

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Category........
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
What i meant was, in my case the background processing has not started. It looks like the folks whose background process has not started have not received the transfer email.
Yes, i think that is the case! my Bgc shows in process since the day i linked by application and no transfer yet!