+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

ojirtos28

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
23-11-2018
AOR Received.
02-11-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
22-07-2019
Med's Request
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
08-03-2019
Interview........
NA
Ugh... I didn’t else London moving at all... New Delhi, if to look only at this forum, doesn’t seem to be so slow anymore.... I am November 7, pre arrival given in August and silence now. :(
Pre arrival very good ! I received my AOR2 and silence :/

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
Pre arrival very good ! I received my AOR2 and silence :/
My file transfer was July 4, so hope soon u get some good news too! But even if they give pre arrival, it seems it takes time to do background check.

mughira

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
My file transfer was July 4, so hope soon u get some good news too! But even if they give pre arrival, it seems it takes time to do background check.
I don't think background checks are done in London. That was not the case in my application. BGC was completed in Sydney, NS.

Here's my Gckey timeline:

Review of eligibility
  • August 22, 2019 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results
  • February 11, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • February 4, 2019 Completed.
Background check
  • February 4, 2019 Your background check was completed.
Final decision
  • September 9, 2019 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

I was asked by London Visa Office to land before 10th November i.e. three months prior to the expiry of my medicals.

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
I don't think background checks are done in London. That was not the case in my application. BGC was completed in Sydney, NS.

Here's my Gckey timeline:

Review of eligibility
  • August 22, 2019 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results
  • February 11, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • February 4, 2019 Completed.
Background check
  • February 4, 2019 Your background check was completed.
Final decision
  • September 9, 2019 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

I was asked by London Visa Office to land before 10th November i.e. three months prior to the expiry of my medicals.
Thank u for sharing:) you are the lucky one, I think some cases may be done in Sydney, but not all. My background is in London, lawyer confirmed, because I have biometrics only after file transfer and also requested pcc there......... so many waiting for months up to half a year even to go though background check in London. Good luck to u in Canada:) wonder why they asked u to land so fast?!

Reactions: mughira

mughira

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Thank u for sharing:) you are the lucky one, I think some cases may be done in Sydney, but not all. My background is in London, lawyer confirmed, because I have biometrics only after file transfer and also requested pcc there......... so many waiting for months up to half a year even to go though background check in London.
I agree with the bio-metric thing that you mentioned. My BGC was completed in Sydney as per the GcKey. My file was sent to London for eligibility check and final processing.

Good luck to u in Canada:) wonder why they asked u to land so fast?!
I have no idea. Maybe to be on the safe side; I don't see any hard and fast rule anywhere. My COPR says that it expires on 10th of Feb i.e. the day my medical tests expire....

Reactions: lion.com

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
I agree with the bio-metric thing that you mentioned. My BGC was completed in Sydney as per the GcKey. My file was sent to London for eligibility check and final processing.

I have no idea. Maybe to be on the safe side; I don't see any hard and fast rule anywhere. My COPR says that it expires on 10th of Feb i.e. the day my medical tests expire....
To be honest with u, difficult to know if gckey is accurate or not.... main that u can be with your family now:) good luck to you starting a new life!))))

klawsur

Star Member
Jan 4, 2019
So I sent a inquiry about a month ago! My MP spoke to an immigration officer and told us that on September 30 they are being the file forward again. I have no idea what that means!! Anyone any idea here is my timeline

Nov 19 received
Jan AOR 1
February medical
February medical passed
June 24 file transferred to London
July 9 AOR 2
August 19 biometric
August 21 biometric received
...... waiting

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
So I sent a inquiry about a month ago! My MP spoke to an immigration officer and told us that on September 30 they are being the file forward again. I have no idea what that means!! Anyone any idea here is my timeline

Nov 19 received
Jan AOR 1
February medical
February medical passed
June 24 file transferred to London
July 9 AOR 2
August 19 biometric
August 21 biometric received
...... waiting
We got similar timeline :)
You already connected mp even though it’s not 12 months yet?
I received biometrics in August too together with pre arrival and request for pcc.... just waiting one month now.

so means they still did not touch your file? Or what does it mean about file....

Reactions: klawsur

klawsur

Star Member
Jan 4, 2019
We got similar timeline :)
You already connected mp even though it’s not 12 months yet?
I received biometrics in August too together with pre arrival and request for pcc.... just waiting one month now.

so means they still did not touch your file? Or what does it mean about file....
I have no Idea, it possibly means they haven’t touched it.... at Least you are a head of me by getting your pre arrival letter :). Just praying hoping something soon time line is 54 days

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
I have no Idea, it possibly means they haven’t touched it.... at Least you are a head of me by getting your pre arrival letter :). Just praying hoping something soon time line is 54 days
I don’t know about being ahead. Because seems like London don’t do fast background check.:( for me 42 days left now, just hope to get something this year at least....
anyway, may I ask u, did U connect mp right now? They didn’t say anything about: why u connect us since it’s not even 12 months?
I hold fingers crossed for decision made soon for us all:)

klawsur

Star Member
Jan 4, 2019
I don’t know about being ahead. Because seems like London don’t do fast background check.:( for me 42 days left now, just hope to get something this year at least....
anyway, may I ask u, did U connect mp right now? They didn’t say anything about: why u connect us since it’s not even 12 months?
I hold fingers crossed for decision made soon for us all:)
Only reason why I connected to MP was to show support. Plus I am from a small town so it was easy to get in touch. Yes they have said it’s too soon to do anything because it’s under the 12 months. Sometimes though I get some extra information when they do the inquiry like I found out his criminality was done :). I’ll keep you posted if anything

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
Only reason why I connected to MP was to show support. Plus I am from a small town so it was easy to get in touch. Yes they have said it’s too soon to do anything because it’s under the 12 months. Sometimes though I get some extra information when they do the inquiry like I found out his criminality was done :). I’ll keep you posted if anything
Thank u for your answer:) good luck to us!

Sh3l

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Hi guys, I am a Nov 21st applicant with file transferred to London visa office on 02 July and AOR 2 on 05 July.

Having heard nothing since, I decided to order the GCMS notes and put a case specific enquiry via the webform on 01 Sep. I received the GCMS notes yesterday from which I concluded my file was 'Put Away' in London visa office. As per the notes, eligibility, criminality and security had not started, which meant the file was basically put aside. However, the notes were generated on 5th September which meant any latest updates would have been missed out.

However, this morning I got a reply to my case specific enquiry via webform and the immigration officer confirmed that eligibility had been passed but criminality and security were still pending, meaning it would have been done only after 05 September. They also said that they couldn't provide an estimate of when the other two would be completed.

Does anyone know how long do they take to do criminality and security after passing eligibility?