+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

Sangato

Sep 16, 2019
I have been secretly following this thread. I am also a November Outland spousal sponsor. I just have a quick question, we just found out my wife is pregnant and was wondering if this would cause delays if we informed immigrations. Does anyone know?

FYI Our Timeline:
(PA from Middle East- Saudi)
November 26 application received
February 26 AOR1
February 27 Medical request
February 28 SA
July 10 Additional Document request
July 17 VO Transfer
August 16 AOR2

Nothing ever since... waiting game

SarahChateauneuf

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
I have been secretly following this thread. I am also a November Outland spousal sponsor. I just have a quick question, we just found out my wife is pregnant and was wondering if this would cause delays if we informed immigrations. Does anyone know?

FYI Our Timeline:
February 26 AOR1
February 28 SA
July 17 VO Transfer
August 16 AOR2

I realy dont know, but think this situation spend more time to check the your News...

I'm 26 NOV too! When you passed on medical exams? I passed on 13 March

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019

FYI Our Timeline:
February 26 AOR1
February 28 SA
July 17 VO Transfer
August 16 AOR2

I don’t know if you should update them with the documents about pregnancy of your wife... but I would:). Even though it will not speed up the process. I know for sure you need to update them with the birth of a child. Maybe, you could call to immigration and ask this question from them...

Reactions: Sangato

nil279

Jun 20, 2013
Hello experts ,

I got additional document request for following :

Birth certificate

Old school certificate- 5th, and secondary school certificate

Voter id

Although birth certificate was submitted when I sent the file . I know someone from this group got the same request .

Can you please advise if I should send email ( what would be the subject : file number ? ) or CSE ?

Thankyou

Hi, what did you send for secondary school certificate ? its for which grade and what that document title was ?

Shazia0405

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
App. Filed.......
1st November 2018
Doc's Request.
12th March 2018
File Transfer...
2nd April 2019
Med's Request
7th March 2019
Med's Done....
13th March 2019
Hello experts ,

I got additional document request for following :

Birth certificate

Old school certificate- 5th, and secondary school certificate

Voter id

Although birth certificate was submitted when I sent the file . I know someone from this group got the same request .

Can you please advise if I should send email ( what would be the subject : file number ? ) or CSE ?

Thankyou
Is your birth certificate a registered one? Registered birth certificate will have a hologram on it. As far as I know there is no harm in submitting any additional schooling documents like your 10-12th certificates.

Note : They ask for the original documents (I had to send them original birth certificate and the 10th certificate) which apparently they will return once the decision is made. It's mentioned on the form and we submitted these with the application itself.

Hope this helps, good luck!

ch671

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Hi,
I have a specific question regarding what to show for proof of employment to sponsor PR for my spouse. I moved to Canada on a PR with a job after the tax year was over, so I have never filed my taxes in Canada since I was a non-resident so far. Therefore I don't have any document from CRA.

I have the latest employment verification letter from our HR, paystubs, original offer letter etc, all the works, except anything from the CRA.

I am applying under family class outland. Please advise as to using letters from employers will suffice or I have to go to some lengths to get documents from CRA?

Thanks
Anshul

Sangato

Sep 16, 2019
Hi,
I have a specific question regarding what to show for proof of employment to sponsor PR for my spouse. I moved to Canada on a PR with a job after the tax year was over, so I have never filed my taxes in Canada since I was a non-resident so far. Therefore I don't have any document from CRA.

I have the latest employment verification letter from our HR, paystubs, original offer letter etc, all the works, except anything from the CRA.

I am applying under family class outland. Please advise as to using letters from employers will suffice or I have to go to some lengths to get documents from CRA?

Thanks
Anshul
As far as I understand it, its not a requirement to show your income but it does go along way to show that you are capable of supporting yourself and your spouse. Having said that, if you want to show you are capable, as a proof of income you might want to attach several paystubs and a letter of employment showing your income and how long you’ve been employed with them...

Above all if you are able to get documents from CRA that would be good too, but it ain’t a requirement. Good Luck

ch671

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
As far as I understand it, its not a requirement to show your income but it does go along way to show that you are capable of supporting yourself and your spouse. Having said that, if you want to show you are capable, as a proof of income you might want to attach several paystubs and a letter of employment showing your income and how long you’ve been employed with them...

Above all if you are able to get documents from CRA that would be good too, but it ain’t a requirement. Good Luck

I went through the checklist and it says:
"If you are working in Canada, provide an original letter from your current employer stating your period of employment, salary, and regular hours per week or supporting financial documents if you are self-employed AND one of these documents issued by the CRA:
- Your most recent Notice of Assessment. This must include line 150 (total income), or,
- Proof of income statement (option C)."

The AND is in bold caps. I'm not so sure it's optional. My worry now is that since I never filed with CRA so far, as far as they are concerned, I don't exist.

Their online login does not work for me, and their automated system also fails. What must I do to get the proof of income?