+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

laura.sbai00

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
If you had read my posts on this thread from the start you'd have seen I am the sponser and therefore canadian, also you would see this is regarding an out land application not an inland one. While I am aware the system has improved I am merely stating that didn't happen by people accepting the system as it is. There is and always will be room for improvement in any immigration system. If you have insight as to who is taking feedback and how to contact them I would love to know a way to contact them and give my feedback. If not for my case then hopefully for others going through this process in the future. I have lived in Canada for most of my life but my wife and I are in fact reconsidering a permanent move here. Having lived in both Norway and Canada my eyes are wide open and so are my family's options. Even though the application is in and the process is started like my government my decision as to where our future will be is not made.
My issue is not with Sydney or Mississauga, because I feel that most of the November applicants(with the exception of those mysteriously stuck in Sydney) that the Canadian aspect of our applications was handled in a timely fashion.
My issue is the the HUGE variation in process times by the local visa offices. They seem to run on time, logic, and process of the applicants country( or representative country as I know London handles Pakistan ect).
Our application is being handled by Rabat, who notoriously stretches it to the day before the 12 month deadline and sometimes even a month or so longer. Whereas anousha above, went through Pretoria, and has gotten their approval in 6 months. From what I’ve read here, Mexico seems to be horridly long as well.
In our case I am SURE Rabat is not over inundated with applicants. So why is it taking 13 and 14 months to process there and other visa offices can do it in 6?
The process I know has been improved in the last few years, to reflect the 12 month average. In previous years ppl waited for much longer.
I would ofc prefer it to be shorter by ofc I am expecting 1 year as that’s what’s stated. What I do find unfair is that other applicants don’t have to wait the 12 months. That’s the unfair part.

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
COPR came today. I’ve called CIC to book an appointment and now I’ve just got to wait for a call back. If I’ve not heard anything by the 14th I’ll probably go to the border and cross - road trip!

pasqguz

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
28-01-2019
File Transfer...
24-06-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-28-2019
My issue is not with Sydney or Mississauga, because I feel that most of the November applicants(with the exception of those mysteriously stuck in Sydney) that the Canadian aspect of our applications was handled in a timely fashion.
My issue is the the HUGE variation in process times by the local visa offices. They seem to run on time, logic, and process of the applicants country( or representative country as I know London handles Pakistan ect).
Our application is being handled by Rabat, who notoriously stretches it to the day before the 12 month deadline and sometimes even a month or so longer. Whereas anousha above, went through Pretoria, and has gotten their approval in 6 months. From what I’ve read here, Mexico seems to be horridly long as well.
In our case I am SURE Rabat is not over inundated with applicants. So why is it taking 13 and 14 months to process there and other visa offices can do it in 6?
The process I know has been improved in the last few years, to reflect the 12 month average. In previous years ppl waited for much longer.
I would ofc prefer it to be shorter by ofc I am expecting 1 year as that’s what’s stated. What I do find unfair is that other applicants don’t have to wait the 12 months. That’s the unfair part.
I agree with you I am waiting on my husband file to be transferred to Mexico. According to my phone call with CIC they don’t know when it will be transferred and nothing has been started at all. Sad that after 6 months a file just sitting doing nothing.

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
@pasqguz, @laura.sbai00

I completely agree, whilst they've come a long way they really need to start standardizing the process across all VOs. It's nuts to think that someone can apply and be wrapped up with COPR in 2.5 months whereas others have had to wait 2-3 months for AOR1 alone.

Ideally, the next step for them is to move the application process fully online and provide a more transparent step by step breakdown with where the applicant's applications are at. GCKEY is a quarter of the way there but an open and transparent tracked application process would massively reduce the strain on the CIC call centers and the kind folks that deal with our web form queries.

@bizzybuddy

Totally understand your frustrations, and looking back at your post history you'd have really benefitted from posting in the November thread rather than the Sydney one. I see at one point you went back to Norway for biometrics. You could have crossed the border into the US with a legal visa for your wife and completed them at an ASC, then returned back declaring dual intent as she's from a visa exempt country (with the relevant documents, of course, SA, receipt, etc).

At the end of the day though, we're told to expect 12 months, and anything short of that is great. We can't look to other applicant's timelines as every single application is different and it will literally drive you to madness. I did the same, I saw fellow British applicant's getting processed months before me, and some that had applied after me were completed too... unfortunately it is what it is as I was well within the 12-month projection and I've been lucky to have just received my COPR after 190 days.

With regards to feedback, the only option I can see is:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx

You could also try emailing Ahmed Hussen (Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship)
Ahmed.Hussen@parl.gc.ca

arthurmr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
@JoshC thank you for the wise words.

For the sponsor (who's presumably in Canada), in addition to JoshC's suggestions, you can also contact your local MP's office to help you with any issue you have with any provincial or federal government office.

Reactions: bizzybuddy

dorkismalorkis

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Canada and Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
30-12-2019
AOR Received.
01-29-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
02-02-2019
I am aware they said the processing is one year but when i see posts of people who have applied in december done i feel this is a very broken system. My thought is they are processing some applications mich faster then others to keep their average processing at one year. This is extremly biased and an illogical way to run the system

Yes i did twice with same result both times. However i will continue to call. I paid all my fees in advance. if I paid for a service that i feel isnt being preformed properly I will continue inquire until the service is completed. Even if the operator tells you to hang up they are recording it and someone over their heads will listen if it doesn't help me hopefully it helps another case in the future.

You said it! I see people who applied in 2019 who are done, yet we are still awaiting transfer. You are right on ALL points.

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
Its frustrating when u have an opinion and ppl respond with “shut up and wait 12 months”. We are all entitled to our opinions and no one knows what goes in each other’s heads. Some are very good at being patient but others like me always want to get answers. As @bizzybuddy said, we pay a lot of money for a service that is not being met. IRCC should be more transparent in the reasoning of some things like, why do some applicants get transferred to Mississauga cpc and get through the process in less than 6 months, what makes them so special?. These are questions that some want answers to, and are forced to come to certain confusions that at times make our heads spin even more.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Its frustrating when u have an opinion and ppl respond with “shut up and wait 12 months”. We are all entitled to our opinions and no one knows what goes in each other’s heads. Some are very good at being patient but others like me always want to get answers. As @bizzybuddy said, we pay a lot of money for a service that is not being met. IRCC should be more transparent in the reasoning of some things like, why do some applicants get transferred to Mississauga cpc and get through the process in less than 6 months, what makes them so special?. These are questions that some want answers to, and are forced to come to certain confusions that at times make our heads spin even more.
@schweisy had done a good digging of the forums and managed to find this piece about Mississauga selection process. Have a go through it as its as concrete as it gets. The Government has withheld information on the exact criteria for processing but it covers up quite a lot of information nevertheless.

Full Credit to @SeineToHumber for getting this info.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ob570-stream.513446/#post-6426449

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
@schweisy had done a good digging of the forums and managed to find this piece about Mississauga selection process. Have a go through it as its as concrete as it gets. The Government has withheld information on the exact criteria for processing but it covers up quite a lot of information nevertheless.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ob570-stream.513446/#post-6426449
I will take a look at this. Thank u.

bizzybuddy

Nov 27, 2018
Alliston Ontario
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
26-11-2018
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
18-01-2019
File Transfer...
16-07-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019
Med's Done....
23-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2019
LANDED..........
15-09-2019

Just looked at this but still dont understand why Im not under mississauga and stuck with Sydney. By by my estimation i fit criteria for ob570 (of course thats probably biased and wishful thinking) so i guess next step is to request my notes. Do you happen to know how to do that?

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
Ikr I asked the same question from two different ircc agents they ignored me completely. They didn’t tell me why most people get faster process than the rest

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
Just looked at this but still dont understand why Im not under mississauga and stuck with Sydney. By by my estimation i fit criteria for ob570 (of course thats probably biased and wishful thinking) so i guess next step is to request my notes. Do you happen to know how to do that?
It’s an old thread and pertains more to when CPC Mississauga was what Sydney now is. Now applicants are starting at Sydney and getting sent to Mississauga as apposed to the PA’s VO. So if someone has an update on this, please share.

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
Ikr I asked the same question from two different ircc agents they ignored me completely. They didn’t tell me why most people get faster process than the rest
This is a huge problem with the system. I wouldn’t care if they had the reasoning made public. I tried looking around online and found nothing. Maybe im not looking at the right place. I understand that CPC Miss is acting as a back up for New Delhi VO and some others but they need to be consistent with this and help out Mexico VO and some other slow VOs. Or help the applicants that hve been stuck with no where to go for months without any communication. From the outside looking in, its seems like theres a uncomplicated way of making the process fair. But of course thats just my 2 cents

bizzybuddy

Nov 27, 2018
Alliston Ontario
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
26-11-2018
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
18-01-2019
File Transfer...
16-07-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019
Med's Done....
23-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2019
LANDED..........
15-09-2019
It’s an old thread and pertains more to when CPC Mississauga was what Sydney now is. Now applicants are starting at Sydney and getting sent to Mississauga as apposed to the PA’s VO. So if someone has an update on this, please share.
Thanks for the clarification @glenn1990

pasqguz

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
28-01-2019
File Transfer...
24-06-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-28-2019

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

Make sure to fill out the consent and is only $5. I am at