+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Thank you for your reply @amaefiel . Do you know how to determine which visa office will my application get transferred to? I'm Indian but resident in the UK.
You can see which visa offices are assigned to which countries here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices.html

In your case, I'd say you're likely going to London, since you're resident in the UK. (If you were actually living in India you'd go to New Delhi.)

bizzybuddy

Nov 27, 2018
Alliston Ontario
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
26-11-2018
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
18-01-2019
File Transfer...
16-07-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019
Med's Done....
23-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2019
LANDED..........
15-09-2019
Hi everyone new to this thread was on the sydney thread but it seems to have gone dead with 0 activity. Heres a time line I am the sponsor just to clarify.

Application received Nov 26th 2018

Processing started January 18th 2019

Sponsership approved March 26th 2019

Biometrics requested within 30 days
March26th 2019

Medical requested within 30 days
March 27th 2019

Biometrics completed in Stockholm Sweden April 18th 2019
*results were submitted by Stockholm VO but not acknowledged online as of today

Medical completed April 23rd 2019
* acknowment of receipt online but no information as to whether they would like more information or not.

May 26th 2019 6 months has now past everything working at a snails pace in Sydney. Long road ahead and very pessimistic that sydney will meet their goal of completion within a year at this rate.

I see from this thread that I am not alone in waiting for Sydney so if anyone has any insight on what the hold up would be on what seems like a pretty straight forward case to me that would be great.

Reactions: sveta

Sh3l

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Hi everyone new to this thread was on the sydney thread but it seems to have gone dead with 0 activity. Heres a time line I am the sponsor just to clarify.

Application received Nov 26th 2018

Processing started January 18th 2019

Sponsership approved March 26th 2019

Biometrics requested within 30 days
March26th 2019

Medical requested within 30 days
March 27th 2019

Biometrics completed in Stockholm Sweden April 18th 2019
*results were submitted by Stockholm VO but not acknowledged online as of today

Medical completed April 23rd 2019
* acknowment of receipt online but no information as to whether they would like more information or not.

May 26th 2019 6 months has now past everything working at a snails pace in Sydney. Long road ahead and very pessimistic that sydney will meet their goal of completion within a year at this rate.

I see from this thread that I am not alone in waiting for Sydney so if anyone has any insight on what the hold up would be on what seems like a pretty straight forward case to me that would be great.
Quite a few people here seem to be in a similar position to you including myself. I personally don't understand why we are being held up while some applicants who applied even after us have already received their PPR. No news for me since medicals passed on 18 Feb 2019.

Sh3l

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Same, but without biometrics. Not done yet. And yesterday my husband made a call, they told him nothing but not to waste time calling.:) he is not authorized to get any info so they just told him to relax and wait since it’s only 7 months of the whole process. did you ever place a call to cic?
@sveta Do you mind me asking where is the Principal Applicant from?

Reactions: bizzybuddy

Sh3l

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Ukraine. Do not think it has something to do with it maybe it’s all normal process
Sure! I was just trying to establish if its to do with the local visa offices. Because London visa office has a bad reputation for delaying spousal applications.

bizzybuddy

Nov 27, 2018
Alliston Ontario
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
26-11-2018
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
18-01-2019
File Transfer...
16-07-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019
Med's Done....
23-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2019
LANDED..........
15-09-2019
Quite a few people here seem to be in a similar position to you including myself. I personally don't understand why we are being held up while some applicants who applied even after us have already received their PPR. No news for me since medicals passed on 18 Feb 2019.
I am aware they said the processing is one year but when i see posts of people who have applied in december done i feel this is a very broken system. My thought is they are processing some applications mich faster then others to keep their average processing at one year. This is extremly biased and an illogical way to run the system
Same, but without biometrics. Not done yet. And yesterday my husband made a call, they told him nothing but not to waste time calling.:) he is not authorized to get any info so they just told him to relax and wait since it’s only 7 months of the whole process. did you ever place a call to cic?
Yes i did twice with same result both times. However i will continue to call. I paid all my fees in advance. if I paid for a service that i feel isnt being preformed properly I will continue inquire until the service is completed. Even if the operator tells you to hang up they are recording it and someone over their heads will listen if it doesn't help me hopefully it helps another case in the future.

bizzybuddy

Nov 27, 2018
Alliston Ontario
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
26-11-2018
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
18-01-2019
File Transfer...
16-07-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019
Med's Done....
23-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2019
LANDED..........
15-09-2019
Also right! My husband and I decided to wait until end of summer and see maybe some moves will happen. If not will start calling again. Wish you fast and smooth process!;)
Same to you and your husband.

Reactions: sveta

arthurmr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
I am aware they said the processing is one year but when i see posts of people who have applied in december done i feel this is a very broken system. My thought is they are processing some applications mich faster then others to keep their average processing at one year. This is extremly biased and an illogical way to run the system

Yes i did twice with same result both times. However i will continue to call. I paid all my fees in advance. if I paid for a service that i feel isnt being preformed properly I will continue inquire until the service is completed. Even if the operator tells you to hang up they are recording it and someone over their heads will listen if it doesn't help me hopefully it helps another case in the future.
Sorry, a broken system? You should explore other (first-world) countries' immigration system. Sure it's not perfect, but Canada is already one of the most generous and efficient ones.

While there are those who already had decisions sooner than expected, there are also those who applied earlier than Nov 2018 and have yet to receive decisions. Estimates are estimates, no guarantees were made.

Someone mentioned it earlier here, but anyone who is still within the estimated times should refrain from making frequent follow-ups because you're overloading the queue for those who truly need it.

Yes the wait can indeed be dreadful, but there's no need to be irrational or feel entitled. We all paid for the application process, not the service nor the "entrance fee". So just like any application, they could approve it or deny it.

Keep your cool mate, and hope for the best.

bizzybuddy

Nov 27, 2018
Alliston Ontario
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
26-11-2018
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
18-01-2019
File Transfer...
16-07-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019
Med's Done....
23-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2019
LANDED..........
15-09-2019
Sorry, a broken system? You should explore other (first-world) countries' immigration system. Sure it's not perfect, but Canada is already one of the most generous and efficient ones.

While there are those who already had decisions sooner than expected, there are also those who applied earlier than Nov 2018 and have yet to receive decisions. Estimates are estimates, no guarantees were made.

Someone mentioned it earlier here, but anyone who is still within the estimated times should refrain from making frequent follow-ups because you're overloading the queue for those who truly need it.

Yes the wait can indeed be dreadful, but there's no need to be irrational or feel entitled. We all paid for the application process, not the service nor the "entrance fee". So just like any application, they could approve it or deny it.

Keep your cool mate, and hope for the best.
Actually ive been through the system in Norway its much more efficient and yeah i stick to my opinion cause its a "free country" and I can. So yeah i said it. THE SYSTEM IS BROKEN. Process applications as they come in not in some warped unfair manner to satisfy political promises of making this one year timeline average. Besides im not here discussing other countries immigration systems Im discussing this one. This system wasnt improved by people just accepting the status quo, but rather suggesting ways the system can be improved upon. Sorry your not happy with my opinion or the fact im asking about the processing of my application and im sure many aren't. This still doesn't change how i feel. I paid for a service (yes i still stick to thats what i paid for despite what you think) i paid for to be done in fair and efficient manner and thats not what is occurring in this system. I have every right to ask questions and thats all I've done. I dont feel entitled. Im merely seeking information. Even though I dont get that or any information I still seek clarification and as I said earlier will continue to as i see it required I would not call calling twice in 6 months overwhelming in the phone system but if it is then there is yet another broken piece of your "generous" system.

anousha

May 23, 2019
App received at Sydney: 14 Nov
AOR 1: 12 Jan
SA: 13 Feb
AOR 2/File transfered to Pretoria: 25 Feb
Request for CSQ: 26 Feb
CSQ received: 26 Mar
Biometrics n Medical requested: 10 Apr
Medicals submitted: 12 Apr
Biometrics submitted: 15 Apr
Medical received:18 Apr
Decision made: 22 May
Pre-arrival letter: 24 May
PPR: 30 May

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Actually ive been through the system in Norway its much more efficient and yeah i stick to my opinion cause its a "free country" and I can. So yeah i said it. THE SYSTEM IS BROKEN. Process applications as they come in not in some warped unfair manner to satisfy political promises of making this one year timeline average. Besides im not here discussing other countries immigration systems Im discussing this one. This system wasnt improved by people just accepting the status quo, but rather suggesting ways the system can be improved upon. Sorry your not happy with my opinion or the fact im asking about the processing of my application and im sure many aren't. This still doesn't change how i feel. I paid for a service (yes i still stick to thats what i paid for despite what you think) i paid for to be done in fair and efficient manner and thats not what is occurring in this system. I have every right to ask questions and thats all I've done. I dont feel entitled. Im merely seeking information. Even though I dont get that or any information I still seek clarification and as I said earlier will continue to as i see it required I would not call calling twice in 6 months overwhelming in the phone system but if it is then there is yet another broken piece of your "generous" system.
The system has been largely improved and optimized post December 2016. Inland applications used to take 26 months on average. OWP used to only come at AIP stage even if in status. They do take feedback and try to make the process more efficient.

If you think it's that bad, don't immigrate to Canada.

bizzybuddy

Nov 27, 2018
Alliston Ontario
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
26-11-2018
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
18-01-2019
File Transfer...
16-07-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019
Med's Done....
23-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2019
LANDED..........
15-09-2019
The system has been largely improved and optimized post December 2016. Inland applications used to take 26 months on average. OWP used to only come at AIP stage even if in status. They do take feedback and try to make the process more efficient.

If you think it's that bad, don't immigrate to Canada.
If you had read my posts on this thread from the start you'd have seen I am the sponser and therefore canadian, also you would see this is regarding an out land application not an inland one. While I am aware the system has improved I am merely stating that didn't happen by people accepting the system as it is. There is and always will be room for improvement in any immigration system. If you have insight as to who is taking feedback and how to contact them I would love to know a way to contact them and give my feedback. If not for my case then hopefully for others going through this process in the future. I have lived in Canada for most of my life but my wife and I are in fact reconsidering a permanent move here. Having lived in both Norway and Canada my eyes are wide open and so are my family's options. Even though the application is in and the process is started like my government my decision as to where our future will be is not made.

bizzybuddy

Nov 27, 2018
Alliston Ontario
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
26-11-2018
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
18-01-2019
File Transfer...
16-07-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019
Med's Done....
23-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2019
LANDED..........
15-09-2019
App received at Sydney: 14 Nov
AOR 1: 12 Jan
SA: 13 Feb
AOR 2/File transfered to Pretoria: 25 Feb
Request for CSQ: 26 Feb
CSQ received: 26 Mar
Biometrics n Medical requested: 10 Apr
Medicals submitted: 12 Apr
Biometrics submitted: 15 Apr
Medical received:18 Apr
Decision made: 22 May
Pre-arrival letter: 24 May
PPR: 30 May
Congrats good to see some peogress out of Sydney.