+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
@JoshC Do you think i should send any selfies that might have after the wedding with my wife ? not sure if i should do that or just include formal pictures taken during different occasions. Thank you
At this stage anything’s helpful. I’ve not seen your specific request but from the requests others have posted they’re after marriage photos that show before, during and after the wedding. Is this what your request asks for?

I’d include:
  • Selfies of the two of you.
  • Photographs of the two of you and your families at the wedding.
  • Pictures of the two of you taken by friends.
  • Pictures before the wedding.
  • Pictures of you two signing the contract (this will be a really good one to have)
Lastly, you really want to write a statement about the lack of post wedding images due to you returning to Canada. Throw more personal detail in to it as you see fit.

SONI2307

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
I don't think they want pictures of just you two (pre-wedding). Send them pictures of you guys with other people in them, covering the wedding ceremony and any honeymoon pictures if you have.

I sent them more than 20 pictures even though they asked for 20. It is not a bad idea to send more than 20 if you have a lot of pictures. Choose picture that have more people in them, have you two, as well as cover the main functions. Also try to provide more description for each picture than last time.
Sounds good. Yeah i actually provided them pictures with other people in it. Is it necessary to write the names of the person the picture tho since i might not know the full names of some of them ?

Also do i just email them ? coz they have provided me with a case specific enquiry form as well saying i may submit through here as well. Thank you

SONI2307

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
At this stage anything’s helpful. I’ve not seen your specific request but from the requests others have posted they’re after marriage photos that show before, during and after the wedding. Is this what your request asks for?

I’d include:
  • Selfies of the two of you.
  • Photographs of the two of you and your families at the wedding.
  • Pictures of the two of you taken by friends.
  • Pictures before the wedding.
  • Pictures of you two signing the contract (this will be a really good one to have)
Lastly, you really want to write a statement about the lack of post wedding images due to you returning to Canada. Throw more personal detail in to it as you see fit.
Thanks Josh. This is what i've been asked for;

>Marriage photos: If you were married according to the rites, customs, and/or traditions
of this country, please submit printed photos of the principal applicant and the sponsor with
relatives and friends. Photos submitted should include photos of the wedding ceremony and
customary celebrations. Please make sure to submit photographs of the bride and groom walking
around the Holy Fire.
> Client Information: Please provide photos taken of the principal applicant and the
sponsor together on other occasions, after the wedding. This includes outings and travel together.

Also can i just email them to the email they provided ? they provided a link to case specific enquiry as well if i may wanna use that. So not sure, if i have to do both or just email that info would be good. Thank you

asingh88

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Sounds good. Yeah i actually provided them pictures with other people in it. Is it necessary to write the names of the person the picture tho since i might not know the full names of some of them ?

Also do i just email them ? coz they have provided me with a case specific enquiry form as well saying i may submit through here as well. Thank you
Just mention the relation, no need for names. Mention what is happening in that picture, date and location of the picture. Also, mention where was that ceremony or event held and any other important detail.

If they have provided you the details on how to submit it then just do as they have asked. I would also mail them the stuff (hard pictures with description, along with other details and the form) just to be on the safe side.

Last edited:

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Just mention the relation, no need for names. Also mention what is happening in that picture, date and location of the picture.

If they have provided you the details on how to submit it then just do as they have asked. I would also mail them the stuff (hard pictures with description, along with other details and the form) just to be on the safer side.
No disrespect but that’s a bad idea, they’ve asked for the documents to be sent via either the email or Webform. If you send via mail too then the docs are going to end up getting there much later and could result in them delaying the process even further.

@SONI2307
Follow their directions. If they’ve sent you an email address or Webform, choose one or the other and send the completed document via your preferred method.

I can see from the request that they’ve got specific requirements of pictures of you both in customary celebrations such as walking around the holy fire - prioritise these pictures as they’re specifically requested.

asingh88

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
No disrespect but that’s a bad idea, they’ve asked for the documents to be sent via either the email or Webform. If you send via mail too then the docs are going to end up getting there much later and could result in them delaying the process even further.

Follow their directions. If they’ve sent you an email address or Webform, choose one or the other and send the completed document via your preferred method.

I agree, that is why I said use the method they suggested to submit the documents. If it was me, I would have also mailed them the stuff to be on the safe side (that is just me being cautious).

SONI2307

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018

Josh they said '
please submit printed photos of the principal applicant and the sponsor with relatives and friends. But then at the end they gave these instructions to send them;

Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your
correspondence to:
CPC Mississauga -and their full address

For fastest service, please submit your documents through email to:
IRCC...............@cic.gc.ca. Please note that this email
is only for the submission of requested documentation, any enquiries or requests will not be
read and deleted from the email box without notification.
You may send the requested information/document(s) via the Case Specific Enquiry form at
the following link:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/..........................

I think email would be the best option since they highlighted that part but just confused here when theiy said printed photos.

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
I agree, that is why I said use the method they suggested to submit the documents. If it was me, I would have also mailed them the stuff to be on the safe side (that is just me being cautious).
Again, I’m not trying to disrespect your opinion or thoughts but I’d hate to see your application delayed due to doing something uncessary. I agree with being cautious but sending it in the mail on top of the Webform or email could cause issues further down the line.

SONI2307

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018

@SONI2307

I can see from the request that they’ve got specific requirements of pictures of you both in customary celebrations such as walking around the holy fire - prioritise these pictures as they’re specifically requested.
Yes i will try to upload more pictures around that requirements and also try to upload as many pictures as possible. I was being so positive but let's see how it goes. Just made me feel a bit low since i was hoping for something positive response. Thank you

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Yes i will try to upload more pictures around that requirements and also try to upload as many pictures as possible. I was being so positive but let's see how it goes. Just made me feel a bit low since i was hoping for something positive response. Thank you
The reference to printed photos is made so you don't send CD's, albums, frames or USB stored photos. I've seen many people mentioning the use of the word table documents and personally think it's a good method of showing your pictures clearly and providing a detailed breakdown of the image.

Be positive :D You've got this far and this isn't a bad thing. A lot of people have had additional requests from CPC-M, you're definitely not alone.

Edit:

For references from a quick search of the forums -
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/does-cic-return-all-my-wedding-photos-etc.439117/#post-5335598
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/does-cic-return-all-my-wedding-photos-etc.439117/#post-5335579
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/proof-of-relationship-photos.409772/#post-5123521https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/proof-of-relationship-photos.409772/#post-5123521

asingh88

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Again, I’m not trying to disrespect your opinion or thoughts but I’d hate to see your application delayed due to doing something uncessary. I agree with being cautious but sending it in the mail on top of the Webform or email could cause issues further down the line.
We all are sailing in the same boat, are here to discuss about it and help each other. People have different experiences and different opinions. Discussion is a good thing if carried in a good and healthy way. None of us know the best way to deal with such things that is why we all are here to discuss and decide what is the best way to handle an issue. Nothing personal and I would not feel disrespected at all.

Anyone would hate to see their application delayed. I'm already going through it because of my representative and I know how it feels.

Reactions: pasqguz and JoshC

sky2828

Feb 22, 2019
The reference to printed photos is made so you don't send CD's, albums, frames or USB stored photos. I've seen many people mentioning the use of the word table documents and personally think it's a good method of showing your pictures clearly and providing a detailed breakdown of the image.

Be positive :D You've got this far and this isn't a bad thing. A lot of people have had additional requests from CPC-M, you're definitely not alone.
you are right @JoshC there have been lot of additional document request from the CPC-M

SONI2307

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018

Edit:

For references from a quick search of the forums -
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/does-cic-return-all-my-wedding-photos-etc.439117/#post-5335598
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/does-cic-return-all-my-wedding-photos-etc.439117/#post-5335579
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/proof-of-relationship-photos.409772/#post-5123521https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/proof-of-relationship-photos.409772/#post-5123521
Sounds great,just wanted to make sure that i don't have to send any hard copies by mail. I'll create a word file and attach all my photos with description and email them. Thanks a lot for all the help. Will keep you posted.

Ben_alex

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2019
AOR Received.
4-02-2019
File Transfer...
26-02-2019
Med's Request
20-02-2019
Med's Done....
21-02-2019
Just mention the relation, no need for names. Mention what is happening in that picture, date and location of the picture. Also, mention where was that ceremony or event held and any other important detail.

If they have provided you the details on how to submit it then just do as they have asked. I would also mail them the stuff (hard pictures with description, along with other details and the form) just to be on the safe side.
I think it is a good idea to write at least first name ( am sure ) there is some work to do , but clearly cic wants to see the know who were part of your wedding is some one known to you.....