+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 Outland Applicants (Spousal Sponsorship)

pasqguz

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
28-01-2019
File Transfer...
24-06-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-28-2019
Any idea how long after medicals passed do we find out when file is transferred to VO office?

Ben_alex

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2019
AOR Received.
4-02-2019
File Transfer...
26-02-2019
Med's Request
20-02-2019
Med's Done....
21-02-2019
Anybody file transfer to mississauga on 27th feb stil waiting for DM?
Yes , Exact same time line Feb 26th tranfd to CPC missisauga, What is your time line?

ns85

Mar 3, 2019
So I called IRCC today....and apparently my file is still in Sydney. No transfers yet.
Not sure if it’s a good thing or bad?

jegadhish90

Sep 13, 2016
Not really, you just need to fill out the representative form - asking to remove your representative and appoint yourself as the new representative (If you want else only your spouse can call IRCC and check for updates).

Try to link the application, it will say you have a Representative and you cannot access the application. Then in the second line it will say that you can remove the representative by filling out the form provided below. You just have to download, fill the form, sign it (yours and your spouse) and upload it. The moment you do that the application will link to your account instantly and within 3-7 days they will remove your representative from the file as well.

Also, this does not slow down the application.
Thanks again for the additional information, I might wait for one more week to see if there is any positive signs from my representative, if not I will go ahead with the route which you had taken.

btw, did you see any difference between GCKey vs ECAS updates or are they both the same?

asingh88

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
So I called IRCC today....and apparently my file is still in Sydney. No transfers yet.
Not sure if it’s a good thing or bad?
Mine has not been transferred since the last two weeks now. I was told two weeks back that it will go to Mississauga. Sometimes it gets slow :)

Thanks again for the additional information, I might wait for one more week to see if there is any positive signs from my representative, if not I will go ahead with the route which you had taken.

btw, did you see any difference between GCKey vs ECAS updates or are they both the same?

For me ECAS seems to be much better.

Since, I have linked the application, there have been no update to my application. That could be one reason I'm not seeing anything in GCKey. At least I know, all future documents or emails will come to me and not to my representative and I can act upon it fast (without having to ask my representative everyday if she received the email).

Last edited:

SONI2307

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
i just got an email from CIC to submit pictures of wedding ceremonies and different occasions as well as post wedding. I don't have lot of pictures with my wife after wedding since i came back to Canada and didn;t stay long.

I did provide 20 pictures with relatives and friends from my engagement, pre wedding party and wedding as well with proper description of the event. I don't why they are requesting more pictures. So should i just email them the pictures and do i have to provide the same description that i did on my printed pictures ?

File transfer to CPC-M on 27 feb, AOR 22 Jan.
Also does this mean my file is getting processed at CPC-M now ?

@JoshC Any help you could provide is really appreciated. Thank you.

Reactions: yolo1989

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
i just got an email from CIC to submit pictures of wedding ceremonies and different occasions as well as post wedding. I don't have lot of pictures with my wife after wedding since i came back to Canada and didn;t stay long.

I did provide 20 pictures with relatives and friends from my engagement, pre wedding party and wedding as well with proper description of the event. I don't why they are requesting more pictures. So should i just email them the pictures and do i have to provide the same description that i did on my printed pictures ?

I'd build a tabled document with two columns and multiple rows for each picture, it'll save you messing around too much:

https://i.imgur.com/bvq4D5Q.png

I'd also include who is in the picture, sponsor, applicant, friends, family etc. Then towards the bottom, I'd write a statement that you, unfortunately, don't have many pictures post the wedding as you had to return to Canada.

Have you got any friends/family that attended the wedding and could send you extra pictures to bolster your document?

Reactions: schweisy

SONI2307

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
@JoshC That link seems pretty useful, now i have an idea how to submit them in an organized manner. Do you think 20 pictures would be good enough ? I mean i have lot of pictures from different occasions and also had a pre wedding shoot which i could include.

The pictures that i sent with my file were all different occasions and wiith family and friends in all the pictures and on the back of the picture i named each person from left to right and gave a description too so i'm not sure why they wanted more pictures.
Thanks so much for your feedback. Appreciate it.

Soniru

Nov 20, 2018

What is your app reveived date??
Send them more pictures , online conversations screenshot, video calls screenshot

SONI2307

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
@JoshC Do you think i should send any selfies that might have after the wedding with my wife ? not sure if i should do that or just include formal pictures taken during different occasions. Thank you

SONI2307

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
What is your app reveived date??
Send them more pictures , online conversations screenshot, video calls screenshot
I actually gave them 10 pages of my watsapp chat, call logs and 20 photographs and all that stuff.
App rec- Nov 16, 2018

asingh88

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
I actually gave them 10 pages of my watsapp chat, call logs and 20 photographs and all that stuff.
App rec- Nov 16, 2018

I don't think they want pictures of just you two (pre-wedding). Send them pictures of you guys with other people in them, covering the wedding ceremony and any honeymoon pictures if you have.

I sent them more than 20 pictures even though they asked for 20. It is not a bad idea to send more than 20 if you have a lot of pictures. Choose picture that have more people in them, have you two, as well as cover the main functions. Also try to provide more description for each picture than last time.