+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

cduanra

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
You already passed the one year mark?!?!? Have you contacted them? Have you contacted your MP? You haven't been asked for any additional info either?
I already contacted them many times but they don't know or don't provide any information why is it stuck. The only things I know is that all the steps are already done since June and I am waiting for a final review for DM. The wait is killing me

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
I already contacted them many times but they don't know or don't provide any information why is it stuck. The only things I know is that all the steps are already done since June and I am waiting for a final review for DM. The wait is killing me
I'm sure it is!!!
Have you requested your GCSM notes or the ATIP?

cduanra

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
I'm sure it is!!!
Have you requested your GCSM notes or the ATIP?
I have but I've not seen any problem in my notes, except this one "Notification from PQ to finalize". The agent added this note when I received my AIP and SA in May.

candiceteng

Star Member
May 9, 2019
Just sharing a good new to someone who are pending on security screening. I had started my security check on Apr 3rd, 2019 and it was finished yesterday. ( I called CIC after receiving a ghost update and the agent said everything pass). I believe they speed things up. Hope i can receive my DM letter and landing notice in the near future. Finger crossed :)

Reactions: mili80 and YvonneP

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
Just sharing a good new to someone who are pending on security screening. I had started my security check on Apr 3rd, 2019 and it was finished yesterday. ( I called CIC after receiving a ghost update and the agent said everything pass). I believe they speed things up. Hope i can receive my DM letter and landing notice in the near future. Finger crossed :)
Good for you! My background (security) check started in February!!! Are you also applying Inland from QC (province)?

Nov 26, 2014
Hi.

I had a quick question regarding an Inland Spousal Sponsorship Application I was going to do, and thought I should post it here as all of you are going through the process and have considerable knowledge.

My wife and I just got married - I am a Canadian citizen (in Alberta), she is a French citizen. She doesn't need a visa to enter Canada and can enter for 90 days at a time on an eTA. She is planning to fly to Canada and then we were going to submit a spousal application from within Canada. During this time, she is planning to fly to the USA to visit her relatives there, and possibly also fly to France once or twice, and perhaps even go for a few holidays in the USA (with me).

Will any of these trips affect the Inland Spousal Sponsorship Application? I heard that the spouse cannot leave once the application is submitted, but wanted to confirm with the experts here.

Thank you.

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
Hi.

I had a quick question regarding an Inland Spousal Sponsorship Application I was going to do, and thought I should post it here as all of you are going through the process and have considerable knowledge.

My wife and I just got married - I am a Canadian citizen (in Alberta), she is a French citizen. She doesn't need a visa to enter Canada and can enter for 90 days at a time on an eTA. She is planning to fly to Canada and then we were going to submit a spousal application from within Canada. During this time, she is planning to fly to the USA to visit her relatives there, and possibly also fly to France once or twice, and perhaps even go for a few holidays in the USA (with me).

Will any of these trips affect the Inland Spousal Sponsorship Application? I heard that the spouse cannot leave once the application is submitted, but wanted to confirm with the experts here.

Thank you.
It is often adviced that when applicants plan on travelling while in the process, they apply Outland. With Inland, she could request an open work permit, but from the sound of the amount of her trips, not likely she'll be able to balance work and travel. Anyways, the risk with applying Inland and travelling is that if she gets denied entry to Canada (it can happen anytime to anybody) her application can be cancelled since it is a requirement for Inland applicants to be living IN Canada with the partner (sponsor).

ih.un

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Montreal
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
All of your history is same with mine.
We are 15th Oct Inland Spousal Quebec applicant. All is done,finalized except DM
I am sure,it is on purpose,why many provinces finalize soon and Quebec takes longer?
Why some specific countries finalizes in 6-7 months and some of them up to 2 years

so difficult to wait

Reactions: mili80

RedHairs16

Nov 8, 2019
How long after the AIP for desision made ? We received de acceptation for the sponsor and AIP october 25th. And on GcKey the october 25th ''We are reviewing you ellegibility'' We're from october 30th 2018, Thank you.

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
How long after the AIP for desision made ? We received de acceptation for the sponsor and AIP october 25th. And on GcKey the october 25th ''We are reviewing you ellegibility'' We're from october 30th 2018, Thank you.
You never know how long.. We received SA and AIP in July... About to reach the one year mark in a week, but hey, we're Inland QC applicants, so chances are it's going to take longer..

Have you contacted your MP?