+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Lithiumwow

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Hey @Lithiumwow :)
Thanks for checking up on me! That's so nice of you
I got DM and my DM letter but still waiting for the landing letter
It is taking time, it has been 26 days since DM on ECAS and 20 days since DM letter
Hopefully, I'd get it soon and my landing interview would be soon too
How are you? Did you get your pr card? And did travel back to your home country?
I'm finally flying to marseille after 9 years haha and yes I received my card like in 2 weeks.
Well, good luck to you and rest of the people who are waiting. It's only a couple of months till its a year for most of the people in this forum so hopefully everyone is through.

Reactions: Geno.uss

camino_walkers

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
It came! And what a spectacular piece of art the PR Card is. It has the photo, as well as a miniature photo in a clear square, and my husband’s name appears a second time as a little swirly image. We took celebratory pictures of the big moment at the mail box.

Now that the wait is over, it’s time to say goodbye to this forum. Thank you to all for your support. We relied so much on the encouragement and wisdom that we received here. Our story is a bit different, in that I’m 28 years older than my husband. As a result of the age gap and other factors (ie. religions, etc), we “knew” our relationship would be questioned. So we spent a month putting together our supporting documentation~ the application was 520 pages. As it turns out, the prep paid off, as our only holdup was two furtherances with his medical. And even with that, from start to finish, it took 9 months 3 days.

My advice to anyone waiting is to fill out a web inquiry form, if it seems like you are stuck at a stage. Don’t bother calling in, as the call center’s main role seems to be to placate the inquirer~ our experience is that they have no power to move things along. However, every time we filled in a web form, the application moved within days. We made sure that we always started with “I realize that this is well within the 12 month time frame, but I’m wondering if we could get an update on....”

I hope those still waiting get great news soon. I’ll watch for you all down the road, when it’s time for the citizenship application.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
I'm finally flying to marseille after 9 years haha and yes I received my card like in 2 weeks.
Well, good luck to you and rest of the people who are waiting. It's only a couple of months till its a year for most of the people in this forum so hopefully everyone is through.
Great! Enjoy your flight and have fun :) and Thank you and wishing you the best of luck too :)

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Btw @Lithiumwow and @Monabil did they take the proof of income documents from you when you guys landed? Did you guys provide paystubs and employment letters or did you provide either employment letters or paystubs? Please I need to know as soon as possible

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
Hello all,

I have sponsored my wife via inland application who is on her PGWP. We have not heard from CIC in a long time and a bit worried why is it taking that long. Below is the timeline of application based on eCAS:
Nov 2018- Application received by CIC
Dec 2018- AOR
Jan 2019 - Medical results requested
Date NA - Medical results received
May 2019 - CIC sent a letter

As you notice above, CIC has sent a letter in May but we have not received it yet (We dont know what the letter is). We contacted our Immigration consultant - he has not received it either. We contacted CIC over the phone - call center told us to wait for one month. We waited for one month and called again in June - this time we were told that they have forwarded the request to Immigration officer in Mississauga and that we should wait for another month to receive the letter. Then another month passed by but we still did not get the letter. We then contacted our local MP who then contacted CIC and was told that there was no letter sent out at the first place and that the online status is showing incorrect message.

Can anyone suggest what should we do? We know that the official timeline for online spousal sponsorship is 12 months but it seems like other people are getting decisions much earlier or at least there file is moving ahead based on their status on eCAS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS - Both the sponsor and principal applicant’s status in eCAS is “In Progress”
I hear ya! I am a Nov. Applicant as well and still "In Process" like you. We did get AIP last month and Sponsor Approval/DM , but no DM on the PA's side. We (PA and her dependant) haven't even been asked for the medicals... We did do them by because of work-related purposes.

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
Order your GCMS notes, I feel they help in speeding up the process, you can also order CBSA notes because you might be stuck in background check
Good luck and hopefully you will hear something really soon
I ordered and received mine months ago, but I don't think they make any difference. I did not know one can order CBSA notes!!!

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
I ordered and received mine months ago, but I don't think they make any difference. I did not know one can order CBSA notes!!!
Well I feel they do, but in your case the delay is caused by Quebec government, they are putting the family sponsorship files on hold on purpose, now there is a backlog of files just sitting there and no one can do anything about it

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
Well I feel they do, but in your case the delay is caused by Quebec government, they are putting the family sponsorship files on hold on purpose, now there is a backlog of files just sitting there and no one can do anything about it
Where did you read that about Quebec neglecting family sponsorship files on purpose? I would love to have the source so I can write to our MP and show it to him.

Thanks!

Johnny1025

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
I am sponsoring my wife and we just got her a new phone number. Do i have to submit a webform letting cic know we change her number?