+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

umarr.cole

Nov 21, 2013
Hello guys! Yesterday my wife -PA received this:

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Vancouver Immigration will contact
you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.

Is this AIP? If so, how long does it take to receive the interview letter?

Thanks!
That’s DM letter.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
We had DM on ecas for 2 weeks now. I thought this was something else...
AIP is eligibility letter for PA that you received before, DM letter takes a long time to receive it after seeing the update on ECAS, what you received now is the DM letter. Since your local office is Vancouver you are gunna have to wait some more time to receive the landing letter but it seems like it's getting better nowadays since @umarr.cole received his not long time ago from Vancouver office so Good luck!

Reactions: Gabe2019V

Joakimix

Apr 29, 2019
May31 was my Landing and yes I became a PR on the said date

But the processing of PR card is 13 days so you will receive the actual PR Card after 13days or more of your landing
Just wanted to say that I don't think this processing time is for inland sponsorships. I landed on Jun 15, my card was sent Jun 18 or 19 and I received it in my mailbox Jun 21. I mean you shouldn't count on it being that fast but it can be!

Reactions: Geno.uss

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Just wanted to say that I don't think this processing time is for inland sponsorships. I landed on Jun 15, my card was sent Jun 18 or 19 and I received it in my mailbox Jun 21. I mean you shouldn't count on it being that fast but it can be!
It is for inland sponsorship but sometimes they are faster/slower than expected, the 13 days are just the average estimate, doesn't have to be 100% true, it's the same as the 12 months processing time estimate for the sponsorship file to be processed

trynasponsor

Sep 10, 2018
Got my wife's PR/landing done today at Etobicoke! The lineup and the wait was long - apparently, dozens of applicants were scheduled for the same time slot (11 AM) so even though we arrived 30 minutes early, we had to wait over an hour to get to the interview. The interview itself was pretty straightforward (took under 5 minutes!) and the lady was very friendly. My wife almost jumped in surprise as the lady switched to the speaker outside her booth to say congratulations lol.

They received the application on November 28th and the AOR was in mid-January. We applied for both OWP and PR but we did not receive any updates about the OWP until two days AFTER we received our PR interview letter last week so basically I wasted $255 on the OWP...

Anyway, also made a SIN for my wife right there as well. Didn't know they had moved on from SIN cards to just handing a sheet of paper. Had to line up there as well. We had arrived at 10:30AM and were done with everything by 1PM. Parking was $12.

Also, the interview invitation letter didn't mention this but they need the sponsor's passport or citizenship card (or possibly PR card) to confirm citizenship/residence status of the sponsor and they need a proof of address from the principal applicant that must match the address on the sponsor's ID. Thankfully, I had taken my passport (as the sponsor) as a precautionary measure and my wife had already converted her driving license to an Ontario one late last year so we happened to have the documents on hand, but that's really unprofessional of them to ask for something that they did not request in the letter. Obviously I didn't make a fuss there since we were at the finish line but yeah, be aware.

We should receive the PR card in a couple of weeks in the mail.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Got my wife's PR/landing done today at Etobicoke! The lineup and the wait was long - apparently, dozens of applicants were scheduled for the same time slot (11 AM) so even though we arrived 30 minutes early, we had to wait over an hour to get to the interview. The interview itself was pretty straightforward (took under 5 minutes!) and the lady was very friendly. My wife almost jumped in surprise as the lady switched to the speaker outside her booth to say congratulations lol.

They received the application on November 28th and the AOR was in mid-January. We applied for both OWP and PR but we did not receive any updates about the OWP until two days AFTER we received our PR interview letter last week so basically I wasted $255 on the OWP...

Anyway, also made a SIN for my wife right there as well. Didn't know they had moved on from SIN cards to just handing a sheet of paper. Had to line up there as well. We had arrived at 10:30AM and were done with everything by 1PM. Parking was $12.

Also, the interview invitation letter didn't mention this but they need the sponsor's passport or citizenship card (or possibly PR card) to confirm citizenship/residence status of the sponsor and they need a proof of address from the principal applicant that must match the address on the sponsor's ID. Thankfully, I had taken my passport (as the sponsor) as a precautionary measure and my wife had already converted her driving license to an Ontario one late last year so we happened to have the documents on hand, but that's really unprofessional of them to ask for something that they did not request in the letter. Obviously I didn't make a fuss there since we were at the finish line but yeah, be aware.

Congratulations!

Reactions: camino_walkers

catfoodie

Star Member
Sep 24, 2018

I had the same experience at Etobicoke office. We arrived 8:50am (scheduled for 9am) and had to wait over an hour to get to the interview part. Also I completely overlooked part about bringing sponsor's proof of residence (although it was on our landing letter lol). Thankfully we were able to show proof on the phone and didn't have to reschedule interview.

Reactions: Geno.uss