Eligibility Passed: May 10, 2019
DM on ECAS: May 13, 2019

Landing Letter: May 24, 2019
Landing Interview Vancouver:

Reactions: Geno.uss

kasali99

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
I received my DM letter last night. Waiting for my interview date from Cic Mississauga office. A big thank you to everyone that has contributed to this forum one way or the other to make applicants feel at ease. May Almighty God ease all your affairs too.
Congrats to all those that have received there DM letters too. For those still waiting, I wish you guys all the best.

catfoodie

Star Member
Sep 24, 2018
Just checked my CIC account and Review of eligibility changed to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."

Is it ghost update??

Reactions: CAN-AL2018

umarr.cole

Nov 21, 2013
Just checked my CIC account and Review of eligibility changed to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."

Is it ghost update??
Did u see Update/message instead of submitted before you click on the link that leads to your status review (“We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.")?

Reactions: catfoodie

catfoodie

Star Member
Sep 24, 2018
Did u see Update/message instead of submitted before you click on the link that leads to your status review (“We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.")?
Yes! And when I clicked it said reviewing eligibility (before it was we will send u a message when we start reviewing it)

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Yes! And when I clicked it said reviewing eligibility (before it was we will send u a message when we start reviewing it)
I don't think this is a ghost update since there was an actual update (started reviewing eligibility). Sounds like you might get AIP soon!

Any update on ECAS?

catfoodie

Star Member
Sep 24, 2018
I don't think this is a ghost update since there was an actual update (started reviewing eligibility). Sounds like you might get AIP soon!

Any update on ECAS?
Ahhh I see, maybe it's just an update then:)
Ecas shows "In Progress" still... Guess I have to wait til next week!

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Ahhh I see, maybe it's just an update then:)
Ecas shows "In Progress" still... Guess I have to wait til next week!
I saw this post in a previous month's thread and found it really useful to understand what's happening at this stage (credits to @barsarah !):

"Also DM means Decision Made; however, there are 3 different types of DMs:
  • 1st one will show up on the status of your Sponsor's eCAS (change from "In Process" to "Decision Made"), which transitions into SA (Sponsor Approval), and when your Sponsor gets an approval, he or she will be receiving an email confirming his or her eligibility to sponsor you to become a PR.
  • 2nd DM will be for yourself (the Principal Applicant). It is a status update from "In Process" to "Decision Made" on the PA's side on eCAS, which will transition into AIP (Approved in Principle), and when you get Approved in Principle, you will be receiving an email confirming that you have been determined to be eligible for a permanent residency in Canada.
  • 3rd DM will be an email confirming that your application for your Permanent Residency has been successfully completed and tells you to wait for a further instruction from your nearest CIC/IRCC office for your Landing Interview, which you already have.
Since I explained about the different types of DMs already, I might as well cover the other transitional updates LOL:
  • "Ghost" update: The very first update that applicants notice when they randomly (but frequently) check their MyCIC/GCKey account after weeks/months of silence from CIC/IRCC. It will say "Application/profile updated" but when you check, there won't be anything new and it changes back to "Submitted" when you go back to the main status page. It basically means that someone accessed your application and reviewing it, and you will be getting progressive updates very soon. Some applicants had further updates on the same day of getting a "ghost" update but some had to wait 3 weeks.
  • Status change on MyCIC/GCKey from "Your application in progress" to "We are reviewing your eligibility". Most applicants get it right after getting a "ghost" update. It means exactly what it is - someone is reviewing your eligibility and soon you will get a DM.
  • A 2nd new line added on eCAS on the PA's side informing that CIC/IRCC started processing the PA's application. It will say "We started processing PA's application on date". This will transition later into a DM on eCAS on the PA's side."

umarr.cole

Nov 21, 2013
That’s not a ghost update, they just updated your file to “we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. You will be receiving AIP, SA and DM soon.

Reactions: catfoodie