+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
i spoke to an agent at the beginning of this month regarding for a ghost update on Apr 4th and i was informed that my security check was started on that day.
Did he/she say anything about criminality check if its done or not?
Background check is two phases: Criminality check and Security check, they either start at the same time or one starts before the other, but usually security is the last phase
Everyone goes through both phases and that is normal, time differs from one person to another because everyone is different
However, security screening is a complex security check, some people get picked for security screening (based on country of origin, extensive travel history, anything suspicious)
Security screening takes a long time to clear and adds delays to the process
If your background check takes longer than 4-5 months then you should order GCMS notes to see if you are going through security screening
Hopefully not, now I think you are still in the normal range so lets be positive

Last edited:

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Did he/she say anything about criminality check if its done or not?
Background check is two phases: Criminality check and Security check, they either start at the same time or one starts before the other, but usually security is the last phase
Everyone goes through both phases and that is normal, time differs from one person to another because everyone is different
However, security screening is a complex security check, some people get picked for security screening (based on country of origin, extensive travel history, anything suspicious)
Security screening takes a long time to clear and adds delays to the process
If your background check takes longer than 4-5 months then you should order GCMS notes to see if you are going through security screening
Hopefully not, now I think you are still in the normal range so lets be positive
Well explained, just a small correction security-related notes are retracted in GCMS and for notes related to security you need to demand CBSA and CSIS notes .

Reactions: Geno.uss

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Well explained, just a small correction security-related notes are retracted in GCMS and for notes related to security you need to demand CBSA and CSIS notes .
Thank you for your comment and the added information
I just want to clarify the reason I mentioned GCMS notes is because they state if the person is actually going through security screening

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Thank you for your comment and the added information
I just want to clarify the reason I mentioned GCMS notes is because they state if the person is actually going through security screening
Security Screening is basically a part of security, so if a person is under security its better to go for CBSA notes and get each bit about the process. Security is a combination of CBSA and CSIS efforts.

Reactions: Geno.uss

Ashleigh1234

Jan 16, 2019
So I have had my landing interview for 13th June BUT I fly to the UK 10th June to go and say goodbye to my dad who is terminally ill will this jeopardise me in anywat

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
So I have had my landing interview for 13th June BUT I fly to the UK 10th June to go and say goodbye to my dad who is terminally ill will this jeopardise me in anywat
I'm sorry about your dad
Yes you should reschedule your appointment with IRCC or postpone your flight till after 13
Not attending the appointment is considered lack of interest in pr to IRCC and they say they close your file

Reactions: Ashleigh1234

funboy101

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
congr. Did you get AIP?
I received my AIP on May 4 and no update since after. DM only on sponsor side and applicant side still in process. I am wondering if you were facing the same situation as me. If yes, could you please advise how many days it changes to DM on both side. Thanks
Thanks - yes got AIP on May 17. No SA letter though on sponsor side, I’m starting to realize how inconsistent IRCC is though so it may never come.

Ashleigh1234

Jan 16, 2019
I'm sorry about your dad
Yes you should reschedule your appointment with IRCC or postpone your flight till after 13
Not attending the appointment is considered lack of interest in pr to IRCC and they say they close your file
Thanks for the info, I have been having a horrible feeling this would happen I will call them first thing Monday morning and see if I can reschedule if not will have to reschedule flights just wasting $1093 plus cost of new flights

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
March 11 I think
Maybe you are going through security screening, do you travel a lot? What is your country of origin?
You think that really has an impact? I mean, for a visa they ask you to have travel history and then for the PR you are subject to further scrutiny because you traveled?

My background check started at the end of Feb. and still nothing. I have been to 12 countries (13 with my country of origin). I had a very stable work history, 3 schools in 14 years.

I wonder if the fact that I have a son with an undeclared father has something to do with the long wait. But as to the rest, it is pretty much straightforward. No military history (lol, there is not even an army in my home country), no political participation, not a member of anything, etc. Just plain hard work, like full-time work plus extra hours tutoring...

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
You think that really has an impact? I mean, for a visa they ask you to have travel history and then for the PR you are subject to further scrutiny because you traveled?

My background check started at the end of Feb. and still nothing. I have been to 12 countries (13 with my country of origin). I had a very stable work history, 3 schools in 14 years.

I wonder if the fact that I have a son with an undeclared father has something to do with the long wait. But as to the rest, it is pretty much straightforward. No military history (lol, there is not even an army in my home country), no political participation, not a member of anything, etc. Just plain hard work, like full-time work plus extra hours tutoring...
Well to them if someone travels a lot and especially to countries with high risk of terrorism or corruption they look more into his/her history for security reasons, but thats not always the case, however it happens.
Having a dependent on the file can cause a delay because they are processing the two of you.
Anyways good luck :)

olaide yusuf

Jan 4, 2016
Hello all,

I'm just wondering if anyone ever got a similar email before. I'm an Inland applicant. Previous to this email, the most recent message I got last week from CIC was asking for a photocopy of my passport which I was about to send. The message reads;

'...please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Immigration, Refugees and
Citizenship Canada office in Winnipeg for further assessment. The Immigration, Refugees and
Citizenship Canada office may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or
clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision."

Is this a good or bad thing?
What do I expect from this?

Please help!

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hello all,

I'm just wondering if anyone ever got a similar email before. I'm an Inland applicant. Previous to this email, the most recent message I got last week from CIC was asking for a photocopy of my passport which I was about to send. The message reads;

'...please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Immigration, Refugees and
Citizenship Canada office in Winnipeg for further assessment. The Immigration, Refugees and
Citizenship Canada office may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or
clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision."

Is this a good or bad thing?
What do I expect from this?

Please help!
Not a good thing, that means they doubt the relationship
Expect delays and a possible interview or request for additional documents to prove the genuity of the relationship
My advice: keep collecting evidences of relationship and be prepared for anything

Kenvinal

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Whistler
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-11-2019
I received my landing letter today for Vancouver. Does anyone know if I were to briefly visit the US would I be able to complete the PR process when returning to Canada?