+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

LeskeyL

Oct 17, 2018
Sooooo This morning was my landing interview and the whole process was pretty quick. Basically no questions asked regarding my case (only 3 questions asked as a mandatory requirement I.e. were you convicted of crime, were you refused entry by Canada, and I forgot the last one LOL but something similar to the previous two) and then the staff gave me my copy of my landing paper along with some information about SIN, health care...
I was almost late (my interview was scheduled for 9am) but it seemed pretty chill in terms of how on time you are (I was there right on 9am but there were 3 people even came around 930am) -- I mean you should still try your best to be at the interview on time or even earlier because they do give a number out for people to be called but dont think the world is going to fall apart if you are a few mins late getting to it (maybe it is because my local Canada place is very chill?)
I would say I'm pleasantly surprised how fast the whole process went -- from app received to getting DM in 6 or 7 months is way faster than I thought. I think I will be off the thread from this point and hope everyone gets their PR soon! And thanks everyone who post questions and answers on this thread! It was so helpful and made me feel not alone waiting for my PR! Good luck!
November Inland Common Law*:
PA: China
App received Nov 5
AOR Nov. 15
Medical request Jan. 16
Medical result received sometime in Feb
Background started at the end of Feb or Beginning of March.
Eligibility started April 29 (I am not sure that's what ECAS shows)
DM April 30

*Never linked app so only based on ECAS and Automated CIC call

PR2018USA

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
For those out of status or implied (i'm not sure what it is right now), do we also bring just the most recent entry document (although expired?)
We did leave and re-enter the country (so really on visitor status) but received no passport stamp.

Reactions: Geno.uss

KarlZ

Feb 25, 2019
For those out of status or implied (i'm not sure what it is right now), do we also bring just the most recent entry document (although expired?)
We did leave and re-enter the country (so really on visitor status) but received no passport stamp.
If you have any ticket or whatever proof showing you re-entered the country on a given date, it will act as a passport stamp.

Reactions: PR2018USA

KarlZ

Feb 25, 2019
I'm a November 27 applicant and I'm still on Background Check, since sometime in March. Starting to get anxious...

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
We didnt get SA or AIP emails even though decision made both sides yesterday, but have the landing interview email for 13th June...thanks everyone for all your support and help. Good luck with your new lives in Canada :)
Congrats

umarr.cole

Nov 21, 2013
Sooooo This morning was my landing interview and the whole process was pretty quick. Basically no questions asked regarding my case (only 3 questions asked as a mandatory requirement I.e. were you convicted of crime, were you refused entry by Canada, and I forgot the last one LOL but something similar to the previous two) and then the staff gave me my copy of my landing paper along with some information about SIN, health care...
I was almost late (my interview was scheduled for 9am) but it seemed pretty chill in terms of how on time you are (I was there right on 9am but there were 3 people even came around 930am) -- I mean you should still try your best to be at the interview on time or even earlier because they do give a number out for people to be called but dont think the world is going to fall apart if you are a few mins late getting to it (maybe it is because my local Canada place is very chill?)
I would say I'm pleasantly surprised how fast the whole process went -- from app received to getting DM in 6 or 7 months is way faster than I thought. I think I will be off the thread from this point and hope everyone gets their PR soon! And thanks everyone who post questions and answers on this thread! It was so helpful and made me feel not alone waiting for my PR! Good luck!
November Inland Common Law*:
PA: China
App received Nov 5
AOR Nov. 15
Medical request Jan. 16
Medical result received sometime in Feb
Background started at the end of Feb or Beginning of March.
Eligibility started April 29 (I am not sure that's what ECAS shows)
DM April 30
*Never linked app so only based on ECAS and Automated CIC call
Congratulations! Wish u all the best out there. We’ll see again for our citizenship lol

Cheers

Reactions: LeskeyL

doza-canada

Star Member
May 22, 2019
You don't get emails for starting background check and reviewing eligibility
You check those through MyCIC account if your application is linked online.
If your application isn't linked online then you can check by calling IRCC number: 18882422100, choosing options 1-1-2-3 and you'll provide your application number and year of birth of principle applicant, you'll then get to hear about your application, you don't have to talk with anyone, just machine
Hello,

Thank you so much for your response! I did link my application to mycic account already. I saw no update.

Medical: pass
Eligibility: application is in progress. We will contact you when you start reviewing your eligibility.
Background: not available.

Did you experience the same in the past? Is my application on track with everyone else or it is different?

Thank you!

doza-canada

Star Member
May 22, 2019
We didnt get SA or AIP emails even though decision made both sides yesterday, but have the landing interview email for 13th June...thanks everyone for all your support and help. Good luck with your new lives in Canada :)
Hello,

So after the medical request you never got any request or comments from cic anymore. Is it correct?

I am worried about my application because it has been so quiet for a few months now. I hope I will get the DM within 6 or 7 months like you too.

Thank you!