***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

andreajuliet27

Nov 11, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
First, thanks for bringing this up. Please, all Quebec applicants, let's keep each other updated :) We seem to be the "special" group for processing (not necessarily in a good way hehe)

Now answering: I think most of us are in the same situation. You can check my timeline in my signature.

Considering that November is now starting to get ghost updates, I think mine should come before the end of this month.
And still no medical request lol.
My hope is that MR will come right after the ghost update for us.
If it doesn't, our applications will take longer than everyone else in terms of total processing time...
Hey guys! I'm an October Inland Applicant, I also applied from Quebec, and my Medical Request took 6 months to arrive, while everyone in the october group got it in december-january, mine was received in April 3!! so I guess it's completely normal for Quebec applicants to have a late MR compared to the other provinces.. But after receiving the MR everything was so fast, I did my exams next day and 5 days after it appeared as: "medical passed" on my GCKEY.. and also got ghost update 2 days after that.. so.. be patience and good luck!! :)

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
Quebec Inland Nov (15) as well.

No medical request either, but I already had it so I could have the work permit without restrictions (which I did).

Background check started around a month ago if not longer. CSQ received fairly quickly (total of 29 days ro be processed).

Reactions: Vivinguyen

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
I just read on one of the FB groups, that there is an "innovation" hub processing center in Mtl, and that they are way behind compared to Mississauga. Is that accurate? Let us hope they either speed up (at least up until AIP) or we get all processed in the most efficient center.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
I just read on one of the FB groups, that there is an "innovation" hub processing center in Mtl, and that they are way behind compared to Mississauga. Is that accurate? Let us hope they either speed up (at least up until AIP) or we get all processed in the most efficient center.
Unfortunately most Quebec applicants aren't experiencing fast processing times like other applicants living in another provinces
Hopefully they'll start speeding up soon

Last edited:

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Anyone submitted visitor visa extension and more than 4 months have passed since submitted and didn't hear anything back?

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Anyone submitted visitor visa extension and more than 4 months have passed since submitted and didn't hear anything back?
Yes. We asked through a Webform to cancel and get a refund after getting the OWP though, but haven't heard about the application or the cancellation/refund.

Reactions: Geno.uss

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Yes. We asked through a Webform to cancel and get a refund after getting the OWP though, but haven't heard about the application or the cancellation/refund.
Weird eh!
We should call and ask
I never cancelled it though idk if they cancelled it or what