Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
30-11-2018
Med's Request
06-03-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
@YvonneP try using simple tax. Its an online service that is free. It took me less than 10 minutes to file my taxes. I will never any other service. You can thank me later

Reactions: Geno.uss

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Has anyone's review of eligibility started? When does it usually start once an application is submitted?
Review of eligibility usually starts when background check is done or when the first phase of background check which is criminality gets cleared
And the time that background check takes changes from one person to another so you can't really know but october applicants some of them are receiving AIP so I would assume that after most october applicants receive their AIP then november applicants will start receiving theirs (mostly applicants that are coming from the United States or Europe start receiving AIP first because usually their background checks doesn't take long to clear)
September applicants mostly got their AIPs in Feb- March, october applicants started from late March- April so I would expect to start seeing some November applicants getting their AIPs in May or June

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
What does your GC Key say?
Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Same for you?

Last edited:

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
Review of eligibility usually starts when background check is done or when the first phase of background check which is criminality gets cleared
And the time that background check takes changes from one person to another so you can't really know but october applicants some of them are receiving AIP so I would assume that after most october applicants receive their AIP then november applicants will start receiving theirs (mostly applicants that are coming from the United States or Europe start receiving AIP first because usually their background checks doesn't take long to clear)
September applicants mostly got their AIPs in Feb- March, october applicants started from late March- April so I would expect to start seeing some November applicants getting their AIPs in May or June

I am good with having AIP in May or even early June! I am really grateful with whoever thought of allowing Inland applicants to work... it keeps me busy and my mind is finally not obsessing with this freaking process!!!!

How are you guys and your job search? I received my work permit (the actual paper in the mailbox) on a Thu. and the very next day, I was working and haven't stopped since, hallelujah!!! It is a temporary position for the moment being, but with possibilities of being hired again in the fall (it's a school). Now looking into summer jobs so I can keep on generating $$$ and not going back to anxiety from doing nothing!

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
I am good with having AIP in May or even early June! I am really grateful with whoever thought of allowing Inland applicants to work... it keeps me busy and my mind is finally not obsessing with this freaking process!!!!

How are you guys and your job search? I received my work permit (the actual paper in the mailbox) on a Thu. and the very next day, I was working and haven't stopped since, hallelujah!!! It is a temporary position for the moment being, but with possibilities of being hired again in the fall (it's a school). Now looking into summer jobs so I can keep on generating $$$ and not going back to anxiety from doing nothing!
good for you!
I was wondering why you weren't active this whole time! :p
I'm still looking for a job :rolleyes:
Job hunting is kinda hard :/
My file isn't linked online but I call the automated service and they say the review of eligibility has not started yet
Hopefully in May we'll start hearing good news here :)

PR2018USA

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
Hello everyone. General tax question (I know...yippee). For those without a sin and/or are waiting on a sin, do you just file without the sin or do you need to submit the sin request form first?

Thank you!

Biny_1982

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-02-2019
Hello everyone. General tax question (I know...yippee). For those without a sin and/or are waiting on a sin, do you just file without the sin or do you need to submit the sin request form first?

Thank you!
If you dont have a sin yet just give into that section 000-000-000. You will have to send your tax return via mail though and can't do it online

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018

Thank you!
Do you have a work permit? If you do then you should go to Service Canada to get your SIN, you'll get it the same day if everything was complete
If not then you gotta file for a temporary tax number with your tax return as you can't send your tax return with no number at all (you mail those)
If you dont have a sin yet just give into that section 000-000-000. You will have to send your tax return via mail though and can't do it online
You can only use the 000 000 000 if your spouse or common law partner is filling his or her tax return and need fill your SIN when you don't have one

Reactions: PR2018USA