+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Correct. No one knows anyone's whole story. Obviously there are personal things, even minor, that are private. We will never know everything that goes on someone's application.

You are right I misread. Your post but was commenting as a whole as someone said she got rejected the OWP.

Everyone is puzzled.

I am asking how is human error possible. Can they appeal or ask for another officer to reopen the OWP file? Might not be worth it anyway.

I apologize for seeming like I was arguing and dont seem to come off ignorant as you've helped me out too!

I just dont see anywhere the OWPs are guaranteed.
I appologize too, we aren't here to fight each other we should all be here to help each other and make each other feel better not worse since we are stressed out
Human error can happen anywhere, CIC officers are humans they can make mistakes too and especially when they have piles of files to work on, it happens all the time
If the officer did a mistake then CIC should fix it and if not the PA can ask for reconsideration
It is worth trying since she said they need that OWP because the PA needs to work as he has a family to support

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
I appologize too, we aren't here to fight each other we should all be here to help each other and make each other feel better not worse since we are stressed out
Human error can happen anywhere, CIC officers are humans they can make mistakes too and especially when they have piles of files to work on, it happens all the time
If the officer did a mistake then CIC will fix it and if not the PA can ask for reconsideration
It is worth trying since she said they need that OWP because the PA needs to work as he has a family to support
I agree. I cant imagine waiting that long to get the response they did. And especially not being told why in that letter.

Like you guys said, I guess webform is the way to go.

Best of luck to everyone. I hope the next thing we see is positive!

camino_walkers

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
I hope so too!
I was curious about why OWP would be delayed until after AIP for a PA still in status, so I googled it and came across this website, with #22, 23 & 24 (maybe) applicable:
https://canadianprinfo.com/2018/05/10/inland-spousal-sponsorship-open-work-permit-owp-frequently-asked-questions-concerns/

It seems to say that it is safer to apply for a vistor’s Visa extension and receive it first, before applying for OWP. Otherwise, you run the risk of having the decision made that OWP will follow AIP.

We had similar arrival/application time lines to Yvonne. My husband arrived in Canada on June 15th and we applied Nov 13th without getting a visitor visa extension, as we had understood that the submission of the application provided implied status. My husband received his OWP on Feb 22nd.

Reactions: YvonneP

mehiep

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
I was curious about why OWP would be delayed until after AIP for a PA still in status, so I googled it and came across this website, with #22, 23 & 24 (maybe) applicable:
https://canadianprinfo.com/2018/05/10/inland-spousal-sponsorship-open-work-permit-owp-frequently-asked-questions-concerns/

It seems to say that it is safer to apply for a vistor’s Visa extension and receive it first, before applying for OWP. Otherwise, you run the risk of having the decision made that OWP will follow AIP.

We had similar arrival/application time lines to Yvonne. My husband arrived in Canada on June 15th and we applied Nov 13th without getting a visitor visa extension, as we had understood that the submission of the application provided implied status. My husband received his OWP on Feb 22nd.
I read the article. It says when you apply for owp while on implied status may be risky. From my understating they have applied while in status not implied status.
Our application is the same actually. We submitted extension ( it has to be done 30 days before expiry date) and the day after sent owp application.

I hope we don’t run into the same issue.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
I read the article. It says when you apply for owp while on implied status may be risky. From my understating they have applied while in status not implied status.
Our application is the same actually. We submitted extension ( it has to be done 30 days before expiry date) and the day after sent owp application.

No they always say that you need to apply at least 30 days before expiry ..that doesn't really matter I believe they say that just in case your application got returned or faced any delay etc..
I applied for my visitor extension 5 days before it expired, as long as you send it before expiry even if 1 day until expiry they'll accept it and process it just fine
I also applied for OWP while I was on implied status and got my OWP as mostly everyone else here.. in about 3 months from the date they received it

mehiep

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
No they always say that you need to apply at least 30 days before expiry ..that doesn't really matter I believe they say that just in case your application got returned or faced any delay etc..
I applied for my visitor extension 5 days before it expired, as long as you send it before expiry even if 1 day until expiry they'll accept it and process it just fine
I also applied for OWP while I was on implied status and got my OWP as mostly everyone else here.. in about 3 months from the date they received it
That’s good to hear thank you for sharing

Reactions: Geno.uss

Rianaldinho

Jun 9, 2017
AB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
30-11-2018
Med's Request
06-03-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
November 8 app

Medical received: march 6
Medical passed : april 2
Background check: started march 6

Reactions: NHLNFL

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019

Like @Geno.uss said, you should be okay. As long as someone applies for OWP while still in status, they should be fine. And you're right, it's risky to apply for OWP while already on implied status. The confusing part in @YvonneP husband's case is that he was in status, had PR application processing normally, and yet OWP still was not approved.

Reactions: Geno.uss and mehiep

YvonneP

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
We called again this morning and the amazing lady we spoke to said it was a definite mistake and that everything was done correctly with my husbands application and he was in status since he has arrived. She spoke to her supervisor who has also agreed and they will reevaluate my husband's file and hopefully be granted the OWP soon....she said it could take a 'while' but praying we don't have to keep waiting for weeks or months. Big price for us to pay for an error on someone else's part :-(

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
We called again this morning and the amazing lady we spoke to said it was a definite mistake and that everything was done correctly with my husbands application and he was in status since he has arrived. She spoke to her supervisor who has also agreed and they will reevaluate my husband's file and hopefully be granted the OWP soon....she said it could take a 'while' but praying we don't have to keep waiting for weeks or months. Big price for us to pay for an error on someone else's part :-(
This is wonderful news. Hope the wait isn't much longer.

mehiep

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Well that’s great! At least they have admitted the mistake. I hope you get it soon! Please keep us posted.

kasali99

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Once you call and they attend to you, a note will be attached to your file and they usually attend to it within a couple of days. You should get a positive result by next week. All the best.

Naishard

Jun 3, 2018
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
26-11-2018
Med's Request
16-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Hello everyone...

Can some one help me about how to apply multiple entry visa on passport. My wife got her Work-permit on 23 Feb. We have lawyer. So, GC key login access is with the lawyer. Do I create new GC Key account and apply multiple entry.

Thank you.