Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-02-2019
Thanks. Everything with his status was OK...we moved here in June and applied for visa extension in October as his 6 month was going to run out in December.

How long does AIP take as we have had NO movement with our PR either. Being in Canada on my salary and not having my husband work is extremely tough :-(
I would get in touch with CIC and request the case notes. Did they just say he didn't meet the requirements or was there more in the letter by CIC? Did you provide your marriage certificate, proof of funds, letter by your employer, payslips etc?

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
Thanks. Everything with his status was OK...we moved here in June and applied for visa extension in October as his 6 month was going to run out in December.

How long does AIP take as we have had NO movement with our PR either. Being in Canada on my salary and not having my husband work is extremely tough :-(
Hmm, the wording of the message you received seems to suggest your husband was out of status at the time the PR/OWP apps were filed in November, but from what you've written, you two did all you could to ensure he remained in status. Puzzling. Was he given the visitor extension?

It seems like inland PR apps are processing much faster nowadays, so AIP might not be too far off for November applicants. Obviously that's of little to no comfort right now, but yeah, that's what it is currently.

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
you can get in touch with your MP, and they will contact cic to find out what is going on.
Well IRCC agents can see the notes on the applications so maybe they can see the last few notes.

I was out of status when my PR + OWP were submitted. My status was restored in late January. Two agents gave me 2 different answers.

Apparently processing my application will begin the day my status was restored. The other told me it will continue from date of receipt in December. Who knows what to believe anymore

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hmm, the wording of the message you received seems to suggest your husband was out of status at the time the PR/OWP apps were filed in November, but from what you've written, you two did all you could to ensure he remained in status. Puzzling. Was he given the visitor extension?

It seems like inland PR apps are processing much faster nowadays, so AIP might not be too far off for November applicants. Obviously that's of little to no comfort right now, but yeah, that's what it is currently.
I don't know what you meant by her wording seems to suggest that her husband was out of status.. she clearly said that his status was going to run out in December and she applied in November so he was definetly in status

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
I don't know what you meant by her wording seems to suggest that her husband was out of status.. she clearly said that his status was going to run out in December and she applied in November so he was definetly in status
Do you guys have any knowledge of someone applying OWP out of status but then regaining/ restoring status?

It would be stupid to wait until AIP because you can send an OWP application on its own for sponsorship without AIP and they still give you the 4 month processing time expectation, according to their website

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018

Did the background check start?

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
Even though she stated that her husband not only remained in status until December (and an extension was filed in October), the IRCC explanation can still suggest that her husband was ruled to be out of status -- which is why several others also asked if he was out of status. Ultimately, I don't know if this was the actual reason, but this is what the wording suggests. Being out of status is also the most common reason for OWPs to be delayed until AIP.

Anyway, I also wrote I was puzzled precisely because I believed what she wrote, but also read what she had been sent.

I hope the AIP is not too far way so that their stress can subside.

Reactions: mili80

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Even though she stated that her husband not only remained in status until December (and an extension was filed in October), the IRCC explanation can still suggest that her husband was ruled to be out of status -- which is why several others also asked if he was out of status. Ultimately, I don't know if this was the actual reason, but this is what the wording suggests. Being out of status is also the most common reason for OWPs to be delayed until AIP.

Anyway, I also wrote I was puzzled precisely because I believed what she wrote, but also read what she had been sent.

Would status restoration not nullify that delay until AIP? What if they resubmitted an OWP when status was regained, if the PA was out?

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
Would status restoration not nullify that delay until AIP? What if they resubmitted an OWP when status was regained, if the PA was out?
Yeah, if status was restored I think the applicant would then get OWP before AIP.

Reactions: mili80

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018

Since she filed for extension of his visa, that means after his visa expired he was on implied status and not out of status
For OWP you just need to be in status when applying and after applying it doesn't matter anyways if your visa expires because OWP gives implied status
He was never out of status

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
Since she filed for extension of his visa, that means after his visa expired he was on implied status and not out of status
For OWP you just need to be in status when applying and after applying it doesn't matter anyways if your visa expires because OWP gives implied status
He was never out of status
Yes, I know implied status is, which applications "give" one this status, etc. Again, I believe what she wrote, but I've also seen what she was sent, which is why I'm puzzled.

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Yes, I know implied status is, which applications "give" one this status, etc. Again, I believe what she wrote, but I've also seen what she was sent, which is why I'm puzzled.
Sometimes people dont include the whole story because they dont want to show why they might be wrong. I have done that before and it doesnt help!