+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Lorie@030486

Star Member
May 1, 2018
If you are living with your bf he can sponsor you as common law or you can wait until you get married in may and do the spousal sponsorship. How long is your current work permit valid for? Because if it runs out soon, you could apply for the OWP together with your PR application or speak to your boss to extend your contract and therefore your current work permit.

Hi, my work permit is still valid until 2021, i just arrived here in canada as live in caregiver. The agent told me i need to choose between the two.

Biny_1982

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-02-2019
Hi, my work permit is still valid until 2021, i just arrived here in canada as live in caregiver. The agent told me i need to choose between the two.
Seeing as you only moved here you won't qualify under common law unless you and your bf have lived together abroad for the last 12 months (you would need proof of joint lease or mortgage, joint bank account, joint utility bills etc. If I was you and under the assumption that you get married this year in May, I would go down the spousal sponsorship. You can still work as you have a Work Permit. Once your PR comes through your Work Permit is invalid (which obviously doesn't matter then as you are a PR).

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
Has the status changed for anyone in regards to Background check?
Hi everyone, i dont know if this is the correct thread for my question. i arrived in Canada as a live-in caregiver but i was released upon arrival. Im trying to look for sponsorship but im not that lucky enough. the option was i have a boyfriend for 5 years who already got the PR and we are trying to get married this May.

now my question is if there will be a problem on that? or i need to talk to my employer not to cancel my work permit until the spousal application is lodge?

any valuable answers will be appreciated.
ZERO JUDGEMENTS HERE, but.... be extremely careful with what you are saying and how you are wording it, because it sounds like your only objective is migrating to Canada. The spousal/CL/conjugal partners sponsorship priority is family reunification, not helping people immigrate to Canada, coz then that would be considered fraud. Your boyfriend and you must be able to demonstrate that your relationship is genuine and if IRCC ever gets doubtful about it, then you will surely be rejected, especially if you keep on saying "I'm trying to look for sponsorship" ...

Again, I don't mean to be judgemental, I am just letting you know that the way you expressed in your message can be harmful to you.
Now, a piece of personal advice (you asked for valuable answers): if you and your boyfriend are not really in a committed, serious, genuine relationship, don't apply.

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
Seeing as you only moved here you won't qualify under common law unless you and your bf have lived together abroad for the last 12 months (you would need proof of joint lease or mortgage, joint bank account, joint utility bills etc. If I was you and under the assumption that you get married this year in May, I would go down the spousal sponsorship. You can still work as you have a Work Permit. Once your PR comes through your Work Permit is invalid (which obviously doesn't matter then as you are a PR).
Her work permit is for the category of live-in caregiver, not the same as our category and certainly not the same conditions.

Biny_1982

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-02-2019
Her work permit is for the category of live-in caregiver, not the same as our category and certainly not the same conditions.
Correct but as she has stated her bf and her want to get married in May so she could do the spousal route while still working as a live-in caregiver, therefore she wouldn't need to apply for an OWP unless she wants to work at something completely different then obviously she would need to choose.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Correct but as she has stated her bf and her want to get married in May so she could do the spousal route while still working as a live-in caregiver, therefore she wouldn't need to apply for an OWP unless she wants to work at something completely different then obviously she would need to choose.
It can be translated in another way as in her looking to get pr either under sponsorship or live-in caregiver and I guess that's what @mili80 was pointing at

Reactions: mili80

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
She said she was released (let go) upon arrival, and her employer needs to cancel her work permit since she's not employing her. I don't know the specifics of the live-in caregiver, but I'm pretty sure it's a closed work permit.

Biny_1982

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-02-2019
She said she was released (let go) upon arrival, and her employer needs to cancel her work permit since she's not employing her. I don't know the specifics of the live-in caregiver, but I'm pretty sure it's a closed work permit.
Oh I get you (I wasn't sure what she meaned by "released"). In that case she definitely has a dilemma on her hands. I think she would need to apply for a new work permit under that program. The link below would have more guidance on this.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/caregiver-program.html

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
You will need a police certificate from all the countries you have lived in for 6+ months for the past 10 years or since you were 18, except from Canada, since the government here has access to that already. Start by going on the CIC website and checking out the documentary requirements for your country. You may have documents that would be easier to get while you're still there. Then download the document checklist and start filling out the forms and gathering proof of your relationship. Get help from a lawyer if you feel you may miss something.
I would be careful because sometimes they wonder why you apply right after marriage. I've seen people post they got rejected because CIC thought the marriage was only for immigration. I think you'll be fine if you have a lot of evidence.

I know some people were engaged and waited to get married after

Reactions: Geno.uss

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Any new updates on OWP for November applicants?

Reactions: MirGer

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Most who have posted here have got them approved and received in the mail, but there are a few who are still waiting for approval sadly
Oh okay I was reading through comments the passed week and didn't see any new ones. And people are still wondering why they didn't get it yet