+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

YvonneP

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Oh I got my application number from them, I asked for it. Is there a chance they may not actually have the application?
They said all is ok... why wouldn't they tell us they don't have it. It was sent the same time as our PR application. Surely they wouldn't lie!!!

Suze7982

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Alberta
They said all is ok... why wouldn't they tell us they don't have it. It was sent the same time as our PR application. Surely they wouldn't lie!!!
I'd call again and ask for the number, they have it in front of them, so there's no reason not to give it to you. Be insistent, that way you can call anytime of day to check the automated service. Must be so frustrating for you.

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
Soooooooooooooooooooo.... after having my Medical done before they even requested it thinking and hoping it would help me get an OWP without restrictions, I failed!!!

I got my hard copy in the mailbox today and they issued it with the restrictions... so frustrating!!! I live in Quebec City and not sure the closest border (a two-hour drive) will be able and willing to lift the restrictions.

deisand

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Soooooooooooooooooooo.... after having my Medical done before they even requested it thinking and hoping it would help me get an OWP without restrictions, I failed!!!

I got my hard copy in the mailbox today and they issued it with the restrictions... so frustrating!!! I live in Quebec City and not sure the closest border (a two-hour drive) will be able and willing to lift the restrictions.
You might have messed it up by doing the medical before they requested it, to be honest. Our medical only passed 10 days before OWP was approved, and there are no restrictions.

funboy101

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018

You mean you failed the medical? I thought that's generally not possible with excessive demand exempt (EDE) applicants like spousal sponsorship. What did they tell you? Or you failed to get OWP?

Reactions: 77nn

77nn

Jan 30, 2019

What restrictions are they? Most are just for childcare or primary/secondary school teaching. Unless that's your field of work I wouldn't worry about it.

camino_walkers

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018

I’m not sure that being granted an OWP and taking the medical are even connected. My husband received his MR on Jan 17th, underwent his medical on Jan 21st and the file hasn’t yet been changed to “passed” as he was required to take some additional tests and the doctor hasn’t uploaded them yet. And yet, he received his OWP on Feb 22nd. And today, he went to the local Service Canada office and got his Temporary SIN! So it seems that the issuing of OWP is independent of the PR application process.

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
I’m not sure that being granted an OWP and taking the medical are even connected. My husband received his MR on Jan 17th, underwent his medical on Jan 21st and the file hasn’t yet been changed to “passed” as he was required to take some additional tests and the doctor hasn’t uploaded them yet. And yet, he received his OWP on Feb 22nd. And today, he went to the local Service Canada office and got his Temporary SIN! So it seems that the issuing of OWP is independent of the PR application process.
Yes it’s different office of processing and it doesn’t affect inland spousal sponsorship application.

Reactions: Lime06

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019

What restrictions on your work permit? Or medical?

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
No, I did not fail medical. Yes, I may have messed it up, I never thought they would send MR that soon. Yes, I am a teacher and I need to be able to work with children. Yes, my OWP was issued with restrictions, but not because I failed (which I didn't fail) the MV. Yes, I had already sent the MR via web form, many weeks ago, but apparently it was submitted to the "thread" for the PR. rather than the work permit app.
Yes, it can be easily fixed; all I have to do is drive to the nearest border office and flagpole, which is basically asking a CBSA officer to lift the conditions of my wprk permit by showing him my medical results and then he or she can issue a new work permit right away.

Reactions: 77nn and CAN-AL2018