+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Brooks202

Dec 3, 2018
Winnipeg MB
@Brooks202, have you received open work permit?
Nope. But I wasn't able to send my OWP application with my PR application...so although my PR was received 2 Nov 2018, my OWP wasn't received until 12 Dec 2018.

I have seen some folks from early October 2018 getting their OWP over on the October forum...so hopefully it will be less than 2 months for y'all and less than three for my Dec OWP app

MarcKay

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
Inland Process

Oct/31 - Application sent
Nov/01 - Application received
Nov/22 - AOR
Nov/23 - Application linked
Jan/21 - Medical requested
Jan/21 - Medical Tested

Reactions: Geno.uss

ranich

Dec 12, 2018
Received MR 1 hour ago!

Here is my Timeline
App mailed( PR & OWP): 30th Oct 2018
App Received: 1st Nov 2018
AOR received: 23rd Nov 2018
PR linked to GCKey: 25th Nov 2018
OWP linked: 3rd Jan 2019
MR received: 21st Jan 2019

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Wasn't able to find it with the temporary app number either .

Some say they received their medical requests without ever receiving AOR but how? Can't even link or add that i applied for PR as it was paperbased and ive never had a uci before.
I know right, how are they doing that! how can people link their MR without an application number or UCI? it is just weird like they do notice that they haven't sent AOR before MR but they're still doing it anyways..

rup0001

Jan 21, 2019
I have checked my application in cic website and found below comment.
We sent you medical instructions on Jan 18, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible.

Please anyone inform if this is the MR request? I processed my application through an agent. I haven't heard anything from them so far. Anyone please enlighten me this step.

Thanks.

Ashleigh1234

Jan 16, 2019
I know right, how are they doing that! how can people link their MR without an application number or UCI? it is just weird like they do notice that they haven't sent AOR before MR but they're still doing it anyways..
I never had a aor I got sent my medical through email and then from that I got my application number

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
I have checked my application in cic website and found below comment.
We sent you medical instructions on Jan 18, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible.

Please anyone inform if this is the MR request? I processed my application through an agent. I haven't heard anything from them so far. Anyone please enlighten me this step.

Thanks.
Your linked your file to an online account and you have an agent? How? The agent made it for you and lets you check it out?
And yes that's medical request.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
My Agent did everything for us. Can anyone tell me about anything regarding open work permit
It usually takes 3-4 months to get it from the date CIC received your application.
Nowadays people are receiving their MR before getting their OWP.
You received MR which means they are working on processing your application which is good and you should do your medical exam very soon. You should talk to your agent because CIC sent him/her a form and you should call a doctor approved by immigration to set up an appointment for your medical exam
Do not worry about OWP it's coming, you just gotta wait, now finish up your medical exam first

rup0001

Jan 21, 2019
It usually takes 3-4 months to get it from the date CIC received your application.
Nowadays people are receiving their MR before getting their OWP.
You received MR which means they are working on processing your application which is good and you should do your medical exam very soon. You should talk to your agent because CIC sent him/her a form and you should call a doctor approved by immigration to set up an appointment for your medical exam
Do not worry about OWP it's coming, you just gotta wait, now finish up your medical exam first
Thanks a lot. :) Basically my situation is: I have open work permit til 7th May but now I have received another job opportunity for me which is really good for me. Now I am just confused that can I take this opportunity and it wont create any problem of my PR application and work permit.
Any advise on this?

YvonneP

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
In GCKey you're trying the application number you got in the AOR email plus the PA's info? ECAS is for sponsor, PA can link in GCKey. Maybe stating the obvious but just to be clear.

You could try all caps or just regular capitalization of first letters? Read somewhere that it's case sensitive, or seems to be for some people. Others claim you need to put a space after the last letter of last word for every field you type into. There are some tips elsewhere on the forum on linking that you can search.

Finally able to link :)

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Thanks a lot. :) Basically my situation is: I have open work permit til 7th May but now I have received another job opportunity for me which is really good for me. Now I am just confused that can I take this opportunity and it wont create any problem of my PR application and work permit.
Any advise on this?
If you already have an open work permit which is valid till May 7th then you should be ok to take another job
It shouldn't impact your pr application or OWP because you are taking that job and you already have an open work permit.
You can confirm that with your agent too and by calling CIC