+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
My app is being sent back... just got of the phone with IRCC...
Only info I have is that it was missing info...
I could not submit a marriage certificate as we had not received one before we submitted. I included an explanation and a screenshot of my purchase order as well as tracker stating it wasnt completed processing by date of submission. I'm guessing this wasnt suffice unless I missed something else.

The only good thing is that the tracker is showing they completed my marriage certificate Jan 14 and it was sent out to me. So if that is the only thing missing, I should have it by the time I receive the application back.

I will now have to apply for restoration of status as PAs Visa expired in December.

Anything else I may need to do before resubmitting?

I guess now I will be in January group
So sorry to hear about your app being returned!!! That risk is precisely the one I did not want to take... I sent mine before my status expired, but I still applied for a VR, just in case... I could even have opted to cancel my VR but since the only thing that gives you implied status is the OWP, I decided to just let it be processed (my VR arrived yesterday). Still have another 4-6 weeks of waiting for the OWP!!

suga

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
App. Filed.......
28-11-2018
If you have to apply restoration and visa,
would it be visitor visa? and
you can resubmit PR after getting new visa?
what is the procedure?
We will be able to send the restoration application in with the PR application. It's just that the fee for restoration is $200. I cost that could have been saved if Service Ontario had sent my marriage certificate on time.

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
Oh I see, don't have a UCI yet, so I guess I wouldn't be able to do this. I will likely contact them to see if they can confirm if it's being sent back or not as it's been a couple of weeks since they received it.
AOR for Inland is taking from 6-8 weeks. For outlands at least 10 weeks since the app was received.

You can try searching for your app on ECAS as well, even if you don't have an UCI number, by simply using your Receipt number and your info.

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
Oooh thank you! I know one was changed in October. I had already completed it and had to change it out before submitting.
At least three forms changed again in November (I had to redo them all...) and the Spouse/Common-Law checklist changed in Dec too.

Reactions: suga

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
If you have to apply restoration and visa,
would it be visitor visa? and
you can resubmit PR after getting new visa?
what is the procedure?
Somebody I know had to restore her status. It cost her more than $300 plus the medical exam they requested her. It is all done online I think.

suga

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
App. Filed.......
28-11-2018
Somebody I know had to restore her status. It cost her more than $300 plus the medical exam they requested her. It is all done online I think.
PA already paid $255 for the OWP. But PA was valid at the time we sent the application. Now PA is no longer valid so we have to pay the extra $200 for restoration of status.

That's my understanding

LostinSpace

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
AOR for Inland is taking from 6-8 weeks. For outlands at least 10 weeks since the app was received.

You can try searching for your app on ECAS as well, even if you don't have an UCI number, by simply using your Receipt number and your info.
What is ECAS? Sorry, not familiar with all the site acronyms here yet...

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
What is ECAS? Sorry, not familiar with all the site acronyms here yet...
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

Taken from Facebook: It's an online portal primarily for the sponsor to check status updates on sponsor approval and the PA's application. PA can still log in but it will only show PA status updates. GCkey is the online portal for the PA and shows more detailed updates.

MyGC Key allows to upload any other extra information they may require, ECAS is only a viewing tool.

LostinSpace

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

Taken from Facebook: It's an online portal primarily for the sponsor to check status updates on sponsor approval and the PA's application. PA can still log in but it will only show PA status updates. GCkey is the online portal for the PA and shows more detailed updates.

MyGC Key allows to upload any other extra information they may require, ECAS is only a viewing tool.
Hmm, tried that earlier and couldn’t find the application based on receipt (IMM5401) and the rest of the info.