+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

umarr.cole

Nov 21, 2013
congrats! what is your time line please?
Inland application / Country of origin: Sierra Leone

PR application received:
November 15, 2018
OWP application received: November 8, 2018 according to Gckey
PR application linked: December 21, 2018
AOR received: December 22, 2018
OWP linked: December 27, 2018
MR: January 17, 2019
MR Done: waiting
MR passed: waiting
OWP: waiting

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Inland application / Country of origin: Sierra Leone

PR application received:
November 15, 2018
OWP application received: November 8, 2018 according to Gckey
PR application linked: December 21, 2018
AOR received: December 22, 2018
OWP linked: December 27, 2018
MR: January 17, 2019
MR Done: waiting
MR passed: waiting
OWP: waiting
Did it show MR request on your ECAS?

Manpreetkmannu

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Inland application / PA’s home country: India
Application sent: January 16, 2019
PR application received: January
17, 2019
OWP application included: Yes
AOR received: Not yet
Application linked: Not yet
OWP linked: Not yet

Medical: Sent upfront

I checked my application file multiple times before mailing it. Everything in the file is perfect, every single thing But few hours after mailing the application I realised “hand writted signature next to Typed Name on Form IMM5669-schedule A is required”
Thats the only place where i made mistake.

Now my files gonna get returned.

It’s really frustrating...

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
17, 2019

I checked my application file multiple times before mailing it. Everything in the file is perfect, every single thing But few hours after mailing the application I realised “hand writted signature next to Typed Name on Form IMM5669-schedule A is required”

Hard Luck. That same mistake have been mentioned many many times on the form done by many applicants.. you should have of did your research very well before sending your file. Anyways, we are humans we make mistakes, now you have to wait 1-2 months for your file to get sent back to you.

Last edited:

Manpreetkmannu

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Hard Luck. That same mistake have been mentioned by many many times on the form done by many applicants.. you should have of did your research very well before sending your file. Anyways, we are humans we make mistakes, you now have to wait 1-2 months for your file to get sent back to you.
Yeah i know..... its just it’s really frustrating,
Wel its ok, this is not the end of the world.
All we can do is hope for the best. Fingers crossed.

Manpreetkmannu

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
As my file is gonna be get returned. My only concern is if open work permit for spouse or common-law partner in Canada pilot program doesn’t extend after 31st January. I’m not gonna get work permit under
spouse or common-law partner in canada class.
My current work permit is valid till 23 july 2019.
I will have to go for other options to stay in status while my application is in process.

Reactions: Geno.uss

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
As my file is gonna be get returned. My only concern is if open work permit for spouse or common-law partner in Canada pilot program doesn’t extend after 31st January. I’m not gonna get work permit under
spouse or common-law partner in canada class.
My current work permit is valid till 23 july 2019.
I will have to go for other options to stay in status while my application is in process.
Oh it's very likely it'll get extended so I think you shouldn't worry about that, stay positive!

funboy101

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
I didn't get AOR yet but I was able to link my application! YAAAY! Does anyone know if it means my app won't be returned? Or it can still be send back?
App received Nov 28
Same happened for me and I got AOR a day after I could link it. I'd say 99% chance it won't be sent back.

funboy101

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
17, 2019

If you just sent it, you could wait a bit then try calling IRCC to get your application number. Once you have that you can upload a revised form via web form with a letter of explanation and send a new hard copy by courier to IRCC, also with an LOE. Can't guarantee it will prevent it from being returned but may work. We made a mistake on the additional family information form and did this and still got AOR. Perhaps they were going to give AOR anyway since the mistakes weren't major but it's also possible this prevented our app from being returned. Just a suggestion.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
If you just sent it, you could wait a bit then try calling IRCC to get your application number. Once you have that you can upload a revised form via web form with a letter of explanation and send a new hard copy by courier to IRCC, also with an LOE. Can't guarantee it will prevent it from being returned but may work. We made a mistake on the additional family information form and did this and still got AOR. Perhaps they were going to give AOR anyway since the mistakes weren't major but it's also possible this prevented our app from being returned. Just a suggestion.
Application number is AOR, if you got AOR meaning your application won't be sent back.
Every mistake is different, your mistakes were that you forgot to translate names to your native language while hers is signature mistakes which CIC take seriously

funboy101

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
Application number is AOR, if you got AOR meaning your application won't be sent back.
Every mistake is different, your mistakes were that you forgot to translate names to your native language while hers is signature mistakes which CIC take seriously
We got the application number from IRCC several weeks before we got AOR - it still had an X at the front of it then and call center could not confirm it was complete and wouldn't be returned. I do agree mistakes are different and this signature mistake is more serious, however it's still worth a try (I would try in this situation). If the revised document gets there before the decision to return the app is made, it is possible it could be considered. Worst case the OP tried their best to avoid it getting returned and is only out the additional courier fees.