+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
Finally! Our application was received Nov 13th and we were able to link just now. I had a call from Mississauga yesterday to verify some info, which resulted in delay. Still awaiting AOR and OWP link.
Wow!!! Lucky you that they called you to confirm whatever they needed to confirm instead of returning the file. Nice!

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
Hello Everyone,

My wife is on study permit and im a pr holder and we got married on aug 2018, but now her study permit is gonna expire on April 04 and im trying to send spouse OWP & Pr application by feb. I have all the documents like marriage ceremony, marriage certificate from india(soon), my employer letter with her name in benifits, her part time employer letter with my name in her benifits. etc

Can she get the SOWP because her study permit will be expired. but she is not interested to continue her college.

Can you suggest if she can still get SOWP if she did not extend her study permit. will she get rejected because her study permit is expired by the time VO looks our file.

Please help us,
Thanks in Advance.
Cheers.
If she applies before she runs out of her current status, she can definitely opt for the OWP, do take into consideration that the OWP for Spousal stream is to be renewed next year and hasn`t been confirmed. She can also apply to change her current status from student to visitor and explain why she wants to stay and how she will support herself while in Canada.

Last edited:

camino_walkers

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Wow!!! Lucky you that they called you to confirm whatever they needed to confirm instead of returning the file. Nice!
I had done previous sponsorships for my kids (adopted internationally) and since then, had returned to my maiden name. So verification was required to confirm that I was one and the same.

funboy101

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
Finally! Our application was received Nov 13th and we were able to link just now. I had a call from Mississauga yesterday to verify some info, which resulted in delay. Still awaiting AOR and OWP link.
That's great - what did you link with? I called to get application number and temporary UCI but can't link with either. We also haven't gotten AOR yet and are Nov 22 applicants.

camino_walkers

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
That's great - what did you link with? I called to get application number and temporary UCI but can't link with either. We also haven't gotten AOR yet and are Nov 22 applicants.
I linked with Family Name, Given Name, Date of Birth, then Place of Birth. The “Date Submitted” date on our account is Dec 29, so ours is another of the link accesses that were generated on a Saturday.

funboy101

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
I linked with Family Name, Given Name, Date of Birth, then Place of Birth. The “Date Submitted” date on our account is Dec 29, so ours is another of the link accesses that were generated on a Saturday.
That's great - did you have to use any of the tricks described in other threads? Putting a space after words, only capitalizing the first letter of words, etc? This system seems really sensitive so we have no idea if we are inputting things in ways the system rejects or our application is geninuely unlinkable yet.

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
If it is a temporary number, it is not likely you will be able to link.. As a matter of fact, back in July I was able to find my PR app on ECAS but never able to link it, around a month after I had found it, they deleted it and it was returned to us...

camino_walkers

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
That's great - did you have to use any of the tricks described in other threads? Putting a space after words, only capitalizing the first letter of words, etc? This system seems really sensitive so we have no idea if we are inputting things in ways the system rejects or our application is geninuely unlinkable yet.
I think it’s likely that it may be slightly (i.e. a few days) early for an application received Nov 22 to be able to link or get AOR yet.

We were finally able to link this morning, followed by AOR early this pm (our received date was November 13). We’re so relieved that this stage is behind us. Best wishes to all Nov applicants waiting for AOR, that it comes soon.