+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Gabe2019V

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Review of eligibility started today and we also got AIP! I initially thought we only had "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." as an update, but scrolled down a bit more and saw the Eligibility Passed letter :)
No change on ECAS so far.
Did you see a ghost update before AIP? If so, how long ago? Thanks! We had ghost update yesterday and now checking like crazies every 30 minutes to see ANY change :(

jo1987

May 6, 2019
Does anyone here recently got a interview letter from London office? just wanted to know your timeline .
Congrats!!
We received my husbands landing letter May 2nd. We paid the right to permanent residence the same day, we received the appointment letter May 6th and we had the appointment for May 15th.

Reactions: Lithiumwow

Lithiumwow

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Congrats!!
We received my husbands landing letter May 2nd. We paid the right to permanent residence the same day, we received the appointment letter May 6th and we had the appointment for May 15th.
Wow That's fast hope I get something this week then.

jo1987

May 6, 2019
Not very long! We were told to be there 30 min before appt time. We got helped at 310 and walked out at 330

jo1987

May 6, 2019
Did you see a ghost update before AIP? If so, how long ago? Thanks! We had ghost update yesterday and now checking like crazies every 30 minutes to see ANY change :(
We didn't get any ghost updates but did get AIP letter at 6pm at night and the following morning at 403 AM we received the letter that his application had been approved. It took a bit before it was changed in the system.

Reactions: Gabe2019V

Jordannesmith

Oct 7, 2018
Hey guys,
Just have a question, we got our OWP approved (2years) and I am wondering what would happen to the OWP if the PR application were to get refused? Would the OWP get cancelled? could we apply again for PR and keep the OWP?
We are worried because we got an procedural fairness letter, we have many things we can submit that we didn't submit in our original application to help our case. Has anyone else experienced this?

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
Hey guys,
Just have a question, we got our OWP approved (2years) and I am wondering what would happen to the OWP if the PR application were to get refused? Would the OWP get cancelled? could we apply again for PR and keep the OWP?
We are worried because we got an procedural fairness letter, we have many things we can submit that we didn't submit in our original application to help our case. Has anyone else experienced this?
Your work permit remains valid eve. If the PR gets refused. So, yes, in the worst case scenario (that it is denied), you could still remain in Canada and apply again.

What did the PFL say? What are the officer's concerns? I am guessing you are commom-law. Did you prove your 12 consecutive months cohabitation as a married-like couple?

Take a deep breath ! You are being given a chance to change the officers mind, that is always good.

Reactions: Jordannesmith

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
No, we didn't get any ghost update and got Review of Eligibility and AIP within 2 hours (or at the same time - I only saw 1 update that had both and checked GCKey quite often lol). The November spreadsheet is in poor quality, but have a look at the Inland September tab, you'll see the different timelines people got after getting a Ghost Update: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WXmKcCOlbciwCa33-vKs8LqbKxOIar2PzSN7j4xBxEg/edit#gid=600561589
Also, make sure you check all the way down on your GCKey page and don't miss a letter like I almost did ;)

Monabil

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Did you get any update on ECAS after getting AIP?
Yes,on ecas it shows started processing the application on the same day of AIP!
And I got Decision made on sponsor's side
And I haven't passed background check yet.
That's all, so what will be next?