+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Hello and welcome to the forum,
Yes for inland apllicants sponsor and applicant should be living together in Canada, biometrics are required but you don't pay the fee upfront, they'll request biometrics later in the process when you submit the application
For proof of living together, a temporary resident can do lots of things in Canada without even being asked/having no problem: can be added to rental lease as an occupant, can have a joint bank account (TD bank is good), can get a drivers licence, can be added to utility bills, can be added to life/home insurance, work benefits ..
Best of luck to you too :)
Thanks Geno.uss ! Appreciate this

Reactions: Geno.uss

Maagussanchez

Feb 7, 2019
Yes I have no idea but I’m going to ask friends to write letters, call Rogers and tell them we need change and I will go to the house rental office to add me, they didn’t want before(we were married already).Don’t have any more ideas also we have bunch of the pictures from the past few months

We sent letters also from my family that lives in another country and they never met my partner... also we used Skype and took pictures so my partner could meet my family, conversations from our phones, emails , every friend that we have wrote a letter for us...

Huntstory

Oct 30, 2018
We sent letters also from my family that lives in another country and they never met my partner... also we used Skype and took pictures so my partner could meet my family, conversations from our phones, emails , every friend that we have wrote a letter for us...
That’s we we added originally and he actually met my family in Poland then they traveled here to Canada for our wedding. Pictures with my family, his, all together. Should we add letters again?

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
That’s we we added originally and he actually met my family in Poland then they traveled here to Canada for our wedding. Pictures with my family, his, all together. Should we add letters again?
No add new things, they don't want to see what you sent before again, it's about adding additional things, with immigration it is always about quality not quantity, they don't want to see hundreds of letters from friends, 2-4 letters from close friends and family are more valuable
I think they requested additional documents from you because you didn't submit joint accounts, marriage and wedding to them is important but owning things with your partner is very important, they ask for it all in the checklist, if your checklist lacked couple of important things they'll request additional documents to see if you can show them more or not
They think of it like: any couple (real or fake) can make a wedding and have people coming over, but a genuine couple would have joint bank account because they would like to share their income money together... a marriage of convenience couple probably wouldn't want to have a joint bank account because they wouldn't want to share their money obviously...
A married couple would also live together in the same address, a fake couple probably wouldn't want to live together, so they want solid proofs that show that you two live together

Last edited:

deisand

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
So we got a request for more police clearances last week, but can only get one of the two they want (tried all week to get the second one).. Wish us luck that they'll accept our explanation.

Wish we could have seen the future in 2010 and applied for documents we'd need 9 years in advance. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
So we got a request for more police clearances last week, but can only get one of the two they want (tried all week to get the second one).. Wish us luck that they'll accept our explanation.

Wish we could have seen the future in 2010 and applied for documents we'd need 9 years in advance. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Did you send them a proof that you tried getting the police certificates and it didn't work out? Proofs like emails or calls...

deisand

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Did you send them a proof that you tried getting the police certificates and it didn't work out? Proofs like emails or calls...
Yes I did, but I'll also put together a more formal letter outlining the process a bit more thoroughly, as I tried a few more things after I sent them the original info. Might have it notarized as a sworn affidavit too for good measure. I'm just waiting to see if IRCC will respond, since we have until June 9th to submit documents; if they don't, I'll submit the affidavit closer to the date and hope for the best.

Huntstory

Oct 30, 2018
No add new things, they don't want to see what you sent before again, it's about adding additional things, with immigration it is always about quality not quantity, they don't want to see hundreds of letters from friends, 2-4 letters from close friends and family are more valuable
I think they requested additional documents from you because you didn't submit joint accounts, marriage and wedding to them is important but owning things with your partner is very important, they ask for it all in the checklist, if your checklist lacked couple of important things they'll request additional documents to see if you can show them more or not
They think of it like: any couple (real or fake) can make a wedding and have people coming over, but a genuine couple would have joint bank account because they would like to share their income money together... a marriage of convenience couple probably wouldn't want to have a joint bank account because they wouldn't want to share their money obviously...
A married couple would also live together in the same address, a fake couple probably wouldn't want to live together, so they want solid proofs that show that you two live together
We did submit joint accounts, government documents, marriage certificate, wedding.... yup I’m working on adding more proof after we applied for PR.
Thanks for helping!

funboy101

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
You get AIP on Gckey whilst SA is email or mail directly to the sponsor’s personal email (if provided) or mail (if not provided). Not everybody’s case is the same, some receive AIP first then fellow by SA others are completely different. Patient you will see it soon in your mail or email if your application is not linked.
How long after seeing DM for sponsor on ECAS did it take to get the SA notification? We have DM on ECAS now for sponsor but nothing by email or regular mail to indicate formal SA. Curious if there is a lag time? Got AIP for PA last week.

Lithiumwow

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
How long after seeing DM for sponsor on ECAS did it take to get the SA notification? We have DM on ECAS now for sponsor but nothing by email or regular mail to indicate formal SA. Curious if there is a lag time? Got AIP for PA last week.
Same had the AIP and DM for both but nothing after, fingers crossed might hear something soon this week. People were getting landing letter within couple of days.