+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Priya0227

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2019
Hi
I am sorry to ask the same question again.
Actually everybody has scared me by saying that if u have to show self employed , u have to show all supporting documents...... And if the work is not registered then the clients must give in writing about the work.......
How to show supporting documents if the work is not registered and moreover if the payment for the service is done In cash? ???? ? :( :(

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hi
Actually everybody has scared me by saying that if u have to show self employed , u have to show all supporting documents...... And if the work is not registered then the clients must give in writing about the work.......
How to show supporting documents if the work is not registered and moreover if the payment for the service is done In cash? ???? ? :( :(
This can be of some help
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/self-employed/eligibility.html
and
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5784e.pdf

Har2152

May 13, 2019
Finally COPR!!!
Few details to begin with:
Express entry FSW - O - India.
Family of 2
NOC code 2174 and 4163
So here goes the timeline:-
1. IELTS result 20 September 2018 – Both applicants Clb9 in the first attempt through IDP
2. ITA 3 October 2018 with CRS 475
3. AOR 3 Nov 2018
4. MEP 5 Dec 2018
5. Received ADR on 5 April 2019 which asked us for last 6 months bank statements. (No ghost updates till 5th April 2019)
6. Submitted only the requested documents on 5 April 2019
7. Rejection on 10 April due to insufficient POF.
8. Appeal sent through CIC web form on 11 April 2019 and also sent an email to all the possible CIC email addresses we could get writing them about the appeal.
9. Meanwhile Submitted new EE Application profile on 11 April 2019
10. Received reply from one of the email addresses on 12 April 2019 ET which told us to raise a CIC web form which we had already done

THE MOMENT OF SURPRISE, JOY, AND WINNING…
OUR REJECTED PROFILE WAS OPENED AGAIN AND…
(Timeline from rejection to appeal to reopening of our profile to PPR: 10th April to 19th April 2019)

11. We received a request letter through an ADR on our old profile on 16 April which asked us to pay the PR fees CAD 490 for each applicant. (+Ghost update with profile changed to a "background check in progress" PS: There is no such thing as IP1 or IP2)
12. Withdrew the newly created profile on 17th April
13. Paid the PR fees on 18 April 2019
14. Received PPR email on 19 April 2019
15. Sent passports to VFS for stamping on 24th April
16. Passports received by VFS Delhi on 26th April
17. VFS Delhi sent passports back to VFS Pune on 10th May
18. Received PR stamped passports 13th May 2019 in Pune

AOR to COPR: 191 days with 2 ADRs and 1 Rejection (reversed after an appeal.)

Points to be noted:
1) Did not request GCMS notes even once
2) Did call CIC but we just got an IVR message which told us that our Medical had completed and the Background Check was in process.
3) No change on profile after MEP. It was 'we are processing your application' till our profile was reopened that's when it changed the status to BC in progress.
4) Consulted an agent but I suppose that was not enough. So started following this forum and some other facebook groups and did some analysis/self-study through a few channels on Youtube.
5) Never joined any course for IELTS. Did my study on my own for 2 months, followed youtube channels for tips.

Issues we faced:
1) Reason for rejection: There must have been some clerical error at CIC side because we had submitted all the required documents for POF including all the FD receipts and still they said that the amount was not insufficient. The amount was in the form of Fixed Deposits, receipts for which were probably overlooked by the officer in charge. Here, in this web form, we attached an additional letter from the bank which said that we had these fixed deposits in the bank and we could use them at any point in time. We had not provided this letter earlier which if we had, it could have saved us all the disappointment and rework.
2) 1st ADR: They said that they could see the Gift Deed and wanted to check for the source of that money so asked for bank statements in the 1st ADR. The Bank statements showed that that certain amount had been credited to my account but debited immediately. The current balance was CAD 791 which was not as per the requirement. We had provided the bank statements already but the ones they asked for were of that account in which all the fixed deposits were present.
3) Repayment of RPRF fees: Our old profile was reopened again. The RPRF fees had to be paid again because when our application was rejected earlier, our PR fees were refunded. We received that amount approximately 2 weeks after the rejection. They say it generally takes about 3 weeks for the amount to reach us back.

Most important: Choose wisely on what you read online, no offense to anyone but wait till the experts have commented on your question and most importantly, do not leave any stone unturned when it comes to being absolutely sure on what needs to be done.

Thanks a lot to all those who have helped me here to find answers to all my questions.
Best of luck to all aspirants and hope to see you in Canada soon!
Congratulations.you set an example for so many others

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi
This is what IRCC says

"if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience)."

What documents did you submit?

Sometimes, people here give out way too much information which leads to more confusion. Everybody is trying to help here so when you read all that information it scares you. Don't worry, I have been there too and experienced it myself

Priya0227

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2019
This is what IRCC says

"if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience)."

What documents did you submit?

Sometimes, people here give out way too much information which leads to more confusion. Everybody is trying to help here so when you read all that information it scares you. Don't worry, I have been there too and experienced it myself
Thanks sithlord ... ... But u mentioned about pay slips.... .. Are pay slips mandatory?? What if I can't provide them?

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
I have a question about due date in Gcms notes. Did anyone actually got any updates on due date or shortly after?

MKRaja

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
Guys need some insight..

Nov 13 2018 aor
Moved to IP2 on 8th May 2019
Called cic today, she said eligibility review required and criminality passed.
She said can’t see for what review is required but file looks good and no red flags.

What to expect now and what to do, we thought last week after moving to IP2 that now ppr is around the corner but doesn’t look like it now.