+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Upasana

Mar 27, 2019
H
I got AOR in November 24; the status is now IP2. There is no change in the background check option.

Is that normal? The profile says 10 days remaining. Should I be worried?
Hello,

How do you know if it is IP 2? Because once the Background Check starts we call it IP2.

poojarmalhotra

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
28-12-2018
AOR Received.
20-11-2018
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
LANDED..........
03-08-2019
I’m 4021, same AOR. Aaega, aaega.
I am still stuck.

No movement at all.
Aor- November 20
Medical - December 21
NOC- 4021 (Research Assistant)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon thanks for your usual detailed response. I’ve observed that in most cases eligibility is only ‘passed’ at the final stages or closer to PPR. Many of us have been told our eligibility status as Met or Recommend Passed. So technically can we consider ourselves safe at this point or there is still more to this? Please correct me if I’m wrong or missing something. Thanks again.
An EE application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (the law under which an application is processed):

R10
Medicals - Bio metrics request (technically not a stage)
Criminality
Eligibility
Security

Here, the eligibility is the most crucial and time consuming stage. All your documents have to be evaluated , and seen if you meet the CRS and MEC you declared in your pre-ITA application. Only if your meet the CRS cutoff, is your eligibility passed.

Since this is a time consuming stage, involving lots of documents. The eligibility takes place in 2-3 stages. First a case analyst / assistant will review the documents and make a recommendation. Based on the recommendation the status of the eligibility will change to "Passed" / "Recommended passed" / "Met" or ""Review Required" or not met. Then the officer will review the recommendation and make the final determination.

In most cases, but not all, the first stage happens at Case Processing Center (CPC). The final determination happens at LVO.

The two most important stages of an application are R10 and eligibility. If you clear these you are 90% clear.

As soon as the eligibility is conclusively passed, i.e. by an officer, the security will start. For most applicants security is a straight forward 2-4 weeks game. But for some, if they get stuck in enhanced security screening, it may take up to a year.

To read more on stages, see https://goo.gl/9si33j

To read on security, see https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/

And for anything else, just ask.

Reactions: Ashish1

GSM123

May 13, 2019
Im assuming you have crossed the 6 months timeline and now your application is in the category "complex application".

I am facing the same issue with the exact same dates. Not sure how to get more clarity on this.

Guys need some insight..

Nov 13 2018 aor
Moved to IP2 on 8th May 2019
Called cic today, she said eligibility review required and criminality passed.
She said can’t see for what review is required but file looks good and no red flags.

What to expect now and what to do, we thought last week after moving to IP2 that now ppr is around the corner but doesn’t look like it now.

GSM123

May 13, 2019
Guys need some insight..

Nov 13 2018 aor
Moved to IP2 on 8th May 2019
Called cic today, she said eligibility review required and criminality passed.
She said can’t see for what review is required but file looks good and no red flags.

What to expect now and what to do, we thought last week after moving to IP2 that now ppr is around the corner but doesn’t look like it now.
how did you connect with IRCC / cic?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I have a question about due date in Gcms notes. Did anyone actually got any updates on due date or shortly after?
The due date in the GCMS notes is a system generated date, reminding the officer who has been assigned the file that it is pending.

It has no relevance.

In most cases applicants will see a movement way before the due date, and in some other cases, many due dates pass without a movement.

Reactions: Ashish1

Ven_sus

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Chennai, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
Doc's Request.
08-12-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Can people who received CoPR confirm flight plans?
Which website is better to book, which carrier is better etc?
Anyone migrating with Pets?

Reactions: Pbaj

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
An EE application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (the law under which an application is processed):

R10
Medicals - Bio metrics request (technically not a stage)
Criminality
Eligibility
Security

Here, the eligibility is the most crucial and time consuming stage. All your documents have to be evaluated , and seen if you meet the CRS and MEC you declared in your pre-ITA application. Only if your meet the CRS cutoff, is your eligibility passed.

Since this is a time consuming stage, involving lots of documents. The eligibility takes place in 2-3 stages. First a case analyst / assistant will review the documents and make a recommendation. Based on the recommendation the status of the eligibility will change to "Passed" / "Recommended passed" / "Met" or ""Review Required" or not met. Then the officer will review the recommendation and make the final determination.

In most cases, but not all, the first stage happens at Case Processing Center (CPC). The final determination happens at LVO.

The two most important stages of an application are R10 and eligibility. If you clear these you are 90% clear.

As soon as the eligibility is conclusively passed, i.e. by an officer, the security will start. For most applicants security is a straight forward 2-4 weeks game. But for some, if they get stuck in enhanced security screening, it may take up to a year.

To read more on stages, see https://goo.gl/9si33j

To read on security, see https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/

And for anything else, just ask.
Thanks a lot champion!
Actually when I had called IRCC about two months back, I was told that my eligibility is recommended pass and criminality is passed. Later the file had moved from Ottawa to London and no information was available from the agent. So I believe there is still one stage of eligibility for me to clear at LVO.