+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I don't think there is a pattern, most people who give biometrics see them as completed in an hour. I gave mine a month ago and no agent even bothered to verify that I gave them, so it just seems like I missed my biometrics deadline on the cic website. I called cic and they simply told me my application is pretty much untouched and I should just wait.
I also don't think it depends on your nationality as not a lot of Turkish people migrate to Canada, so there should not be a backlog for applicants from Turkey. I think agents pick cases randomly and some people are lucky, whereas others are not.
I think the backlogs just depends on the VO and not based on countries but then again, how come Dec AORs are getting PPRs from the same VO that's delaying Nov AORs? Doesn't make sense at all.

This is just frustrating!! They already have shit load of backlogs as to what they claim and yet they keep increasing their pool draws this year!! How lovely!!

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Well, it seems other offices are now trying to compete with Montreal in processing speed.

There doesn't seem to be a method to this madness. I suppose in the end it all boils down to who the visa officer is and how quick is his processing speed.

Montreal visa officers seem to have the default processing speed of a Pentium 1 processor. They need to be brought into the 21st century

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Well, it seems other offices are now trying to compete with Montreal in processing speed.

There doesn't seem to be a method to this madness. I suppose in the end it all boils down to who the visa officer is and how quick is his processing speed.

Montreal visa officers seem to have the default processing speed of a Pentium 1 processor. They need to be brought into the 21st century
What scares me even more is, for now my application is at CPC-Ottawa, which generally is considered to be a little faster but if that VO itself is delaying many applications then imagine at some point they will transfer my application to NDVO where it will rot in hell lol, NDVO is the worst VO.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017

Really praying some nice visa officer picks my application atleast now and moves it forward :(

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
What scares me even more is, for now my application is at CPC-Ottawa, which generally is considered to be a little faster but if that VO itself is delaying many applications then imagine at some point they will transfer my application to NDVO where it will rot in hell lol, NDVO is the worst VO.
lol, NDVO is not that bad.

Definitely not half as bad as Montreal. Montreal is the absolute worst. There is a reason there is separate thread for it :p

Incidentally Montreal visa office had PPR rain today. 4 people got PPR that had AORs in early - mid july. Just imagine. How far behind they are compared to other offices.

Becikl007

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
People, just relax. If you want to know what is going on with your application, order the notes. Maybe you are in review, something maybe is not right with the application. Order the notes and maybe you will get your answer. No point in stressing about it here daily, you will not get anywhere. Some people get processed faster, some slower, every case is different. I am also a November AOR but I am not freaking out if people from december are getting PPRs.

harrysohal91

Feb 12, 2019
Hi guys. New to this forum.

Here's my timeline:

AOR: 15 Nov
MEP: 18 Dec
IP2: 22 Jan

Also got in touch with an agent.

Eligibility: Review Required
Criminality: Pass
Security: Not Started
File at CIO, Sydney

Anybody here with "Review Required" for eligibility and have any insight into how to fix this?

Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017
Hi guys. New to this forum.

Here's my timeline:

AOR: 15 Nov
MEP: 18 Dec
IP2: 22 Jan

Also got in touch with an agent.

Eligibility: Review Required
Criminality: Pass
Security: Not Started
File at CIO, Sydney

Anybody here with "Review Required" for eligibility and have any insight into how to fix this?
Order GCMS notes and see why there’s a “review required”

Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017
People really need to calm down. I completely understand the frustation but cribbing about it on forum isn’t going to help you. Moreover, it’s going to make others pessimistic too. Every case is different and immgration PR is one of the lowest priority task for Govt of Canada. They aren’t obliged to give us anything. So calm down and good things will happen soon.

harrysohal91

Feb 12, 2019
Order GCMS notes and see why there’s a “review required”
Ordered them and should have them by the end of this month. Was just wondering how they address "review required". I've seen cases where the timelines have gone way beyond the 6 month mark and if there's anybody here in the same boat?

sg43

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
AOR 22 Nov

Current stage IP1

MEP 2nd Jan.

FSW O n CPC Ottawa

Anyone around this AOR and same status??
I called agent last night and nothing happened since MEP.

Suggestions??

tejasmhaskar

Nov 15, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
AOR 22 Nov

Current stage IP1

MEP 2nd Jan.

FSW O n CPC Ottawa

Anyone around this AOR and same status??
I called agent last night and nothing happened since MEP.

Suggestions??
All we can do is wait, buddy. I am in MEP/IP1 since 8 nov. (AOR 12 Oct)