+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Shweta1289

Dec 11, 2018
So yes, i’m in IP1 as well and it’s been 70 days since my AOR. Have to wait it out. We can’t do much at this point as this is not in our control. Keep calm and wait. So many people have gotten PPR and rejection rates are quite small as well. Have faith and things will fall into place
I have seen cases with so many re-medicals getting PPRs so we are quite well in that sense,we can’t do anything else apart from waiting atleast till our timeline gets completed:) All the best to you too.What is your AOR ?mine is 24th November

dasu106

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
I have seen cases with so many re-medicals getting PPRs so we are quite well in that sense,we can’t do anything else apart from waiting atleast till our timeline gets completed:) All the best to you too.What is your AOR ?mine is 24th November
You you’re right. My aor is Dec 8th, Meds passed on 19 Jan. got a Long way to go

Alecm464

Feb 3, 2019
Does anyone know if the CIC takes a spouse's medicals into consideration for a married couple applying for PPR?

My wife is the main applicant with Crohns disease and most likely she will exceed the medical threshold due to Humira that she is on as well as the VOs addition of annual doc visits etc.

As a result our medicals have not yet been passed (AOR 20th Nov) and most likely we have been flagged for further review and will be granted a PFL.

However, I know each officer who determines medical inadmissibility can take other factors into consideration (other than the financial cost).

I will have very little cost on the state in regards to medicals.
So does anyone know if they will consider us "jointly" for medicals (i.e. If threshold for 1 person is CAN$20,000, would they say threshold for 2 people is CAN$40,000, and if we jointly are lower than that we will be looked upon more favourably)?

Thank you

evan9160

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
I don't think there is a pattern, most people who give biometrics see them as completed in an hour. I gave mine a month ago and no agent even bothered to verify that I gave them, so it just seems like I missed my biometrics deadline on the cic website. I called cic and they simply told me my application is pretty much untouched and I should just wait.
I also don't think it depends on your nationality as not a lot of Turkish people migrate to Canada, so there should not be a backlog for applicants from Turkey. I think agents pick cases randomly and some people are lucky, whereas others are not.
I am exactly in the same situation as you, did biometrics a month ago, but still not updated, now next to fingerprints it says they did not receive my fingerprints, altogh got emails from cic and even called an agent and all confirmed they have my biometrics. So I just decided to wait, there is nothing I can do with it..That situation sucks!

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Who told you that your application will rot??and NDVO is the worst???do you even know that they are superfast in processing the visas,especially student visas( Delhi is the center for so many states).For god sake please stop being so negative about the departments who are doing your work
Student visas are different compared to PR visa. You should check the NDVO thread!! It is one of the worst VOs

A couple of folks who applied in 2017 are still waiting for PPR from NDVO

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
these due dates are normal and system generated, doesn't mean your application will be processed only by that date, there have been many instances where it has been processed before and we don't even know whether these dates are true, don't be stressed because of that. Tkcr and be patient.
That is what even the agent said it could be processed earlier too but for now it has been pushed to June 11, 2019 as the completion date.

btw when you raised CSE did they tell you eligibility is still in progress?

Mark888

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
I really don't understand why some people spend so much time on this forum spreading negativity and trying to convince everyone that all is terrible. You were told right from the start that it will take up to 6 months to process your file. So be patient, order the notes if that eases your mind, but please, stop complaining. Good things always come in the right time.

ViAchKoN

Jun 2, 2018
Exactly!! On what basis are they changing these completion dates? If I hadn't called then I would still be under assumption that my application will complete on May 2 :confused:

I know it's a matter of months, but I seriously don't understand how people from December AOR are getting PPR while I am 3 months since MEP and nothing on my application has started yet? How exactly are they processing applications is there some kind of pattern to this. They can't keep saying the same backlogs as reason. So November AORs have backlogs but no backlogs for December AORs? this is ridiculous!!
This situation is very stupid. I think the same goes for my file. If they didn’t touch your file i think my is untouched either. Considering that my application is complicated: common-law, redemped mutal funds before submition and other factors, I probably should be expecting PPR only in July.

This sucks and the pattern is becoming obvious. There are three people who I know who’s files haven’t been touched, you, maybe me and a friend.

I think there are more people who are in the same situation but they don’t know about it.

ViAchKoN

Jun 2, 2018
I really don't understand why some people spend so much time on this forum spreading negativity and trying to convince everyone that all is terrible. You were told right from the start that it will take up to 6 months to process your file. So be patient, order the notes if that eases your mind, but please, stop complaining. Good things always come in the right time.
The problem is that some files aren’t processed at all thereby making applicants irritated. I would like to see some progress and address possible problems earlier than later. This situation doesn’t allow to do this.

Reactions: Ceppiman

mjawarani

Jul 3, 2018
NOC Code......
That is what even the agent said it could be processed earlier too but for now it has been pushed to June 11, 2019 as the completion date.

btw when you raised CSE did they tell you eligibility is still in progress?
Yes, i raised CSE on 3rd Jan (Eligibility in progress) same is updated on my signature.

maitredufoot

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
UAE
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
20-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Med's Done....
05-12-2018
We really don't know the mechanism that CIC is following: if my AOR is Nov 03rd for example, does it mean that I should get my PPR before someone else with AOR Dec 1st??? so many cases found out that their applications are still inside the box ( No one touch them) for more than 3-4 months after AOR. I really do understand the frustration of some folks here as they see their Canadian dream is in danger, but again we should be thankful as the process is taking 6-8 months only ( not 2-3 years).