+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

evan9160

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
I have a 9 month old baby and I have it as "completed". It was updated same day of biometrics.
I see.. That's really weird than. Still not "Completed" altogh got an email from IRCC saying "We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that the biometrics were received by the responsible office".
so not sure what to do now..

fawzy01

Jan 7, 2019
My application is FSW-inland, I'm currently in the middle east. Should I submit an IRCC webform or should I wait for PPR then ask for different mailing instructions because I'm no longer in Canada?
My AOR is Nov 15

Ceppiman

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
My application is FSW-inland, I'm currently in the middle east. Should I submit an IRCC webform or should I wait for PPR then ask for different mailing instructions because I'm no longer in Canada?
My AOR is Nov 15
I'd fill the webform if I were you. In Turkey for example instead of mailing the passports to the visa office, you hand them to VFS Global and they deliver it to the Visa Office themselves. Better safe than sorry.

fawzy01

Jan 7, 2019
I'd fill the webform if I were you. In Turkey for example instead of mailing the passports to the visa office, you hand them to VFS Global and they deliver it to the Visa Office themselves. Better safe than sorry.
I'm just thinking, what if it ended up taking longer because they have to re-assign my file from an office in Canada to one in the middle east.

Ceppiman

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
I'm just thinking, what if it ended up taking longer because they have to re-assign my file from an office in Canada to one in the middle east.
I think the Visa Offices are mostly assigned randomly, a ton of people who are FSW outland have Ottawa as their Visa Office. I don't think they'll necessarily move your Visa Office because you've moved.
Also from CIC website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=627&top=4
When should I tell Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that I am moving?
Tell us no more than 3 weeks before you move to make sure all your letters from us go to your new home or mailing address.

Reactions: fawzy01

fawzy01

Jan 7, 2019
I think the Visa Offices are mostly assigned randomly, a ton of people who are FSW outland have Ottawa as their Visa Office. I don't think they'll necessarily move your Visa Office because you've moved.
Also from CIC website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=627&top=4
When should I tell Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that I am moving?
Tell us no more than 3 weeks before you move to make sure all your letters from us go to your new home or mailing address.
I did it, thanks for the advise

Reactions: Ceppiman

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
What is bowp?
Bridging Open Work Permit.

BOWP is needed only by those who are currently in Canada on Work Permit and their work permit is expiring soon.

Reactions: Kamt

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
So, another week gone by with no updates. Sigh.

The week after next should mark 3 months of application submission. I am planning to order gcms notes once 3 months are up

hgunawa

Jan 8, 2017
AOR - November 4

Applied for a BOWP on November 5 and it got approved yesterday. At least I know i passed R10 :D

Cheers
Awesome!

That's bang on 80 days. I see that they have increased the processing time to 81 days in their website so at least they are sticking to their work permit time lines.

Becikl007

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Awesome!

That's bang on 80 days. I see that they have increased the processing time to 81 days in their website so at least they are sticking to their work permit time lines.
Yeah when I applied it was 69 days, so when that passed I sent them a CSE and while waiting for the answer they increased the processing time to 76 days. When that passed they increased it again to 81 days and I got the approval bang on 80 days. What is really funny that my current work permit expired EXACTLY on the day I got my BOWP approved.

hgunawa

Jan 8, 2017
Yeah when I applied it was 69 days, so when that passed I sent them a CSE and while waiting for the answer they increased the processing time to 76 days. When that passed they increased it again to 81 days and I got the approval bang on 80 days. What is really funny that my current work permit expired EXACTLY on the day I got my BOWP approved.
Mine has already expired in November :( I'm on implied status since then. What sucks is that I have no health insurance while I wait for the BOWP even though they are still happily deducting taxes off my salary. I'm dead scared I'll slip on a block of ice and break a few bones and I won't have anything to cover the medical costs.

Also if they refuse my BOWP application, I'll be without status in Canada. And I'll have to stop working. So everyday, I'm nearing a nervous breakdown.

Last edited:

Becikl007

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Mine has already expired in November :( I'm on implied status since then. What sucks is that I have no health insurance while I wait for the BOWP even though they are still happily deducting taxes off my salary. I'm dead scared I'll slip on a block of ice and break a few bones and I won't have anything to cover the medical costs.

Also if they refuse my BOWP application, I'll be without status in Canada. And I'll have to stop working. So everyday, I'm nearing a nervous breakdown.
That was my concern as well, BOWP getting refused for whatever reason and leaving me without status. When did you apply for it? It is around 80 days processing time now it seems.