+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
My status of background check step was changed to - "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information", more than week ago. Review of eligibility still saying - reviewing where you meet eligibility requirement. This is all ghost update without email. I guess, same happened to most of you.
nope, it hasn't happened to a lot of us.

Good stuff, it means at least they are making progress on your application

espresso

Dec 1, 2018
Could anyone please tell me what does the status of " Review of eligibility" read as in the IP2 stage ? And is the message any different from the IP1 stage?

Villegas Family

Star Member
Dec 11, 2018
Same here, I'm OINP and my timeline is:
AOR: 30 Nov 2018
MEP: 09 Jan 2019 (IP2 same date)
No updates since then :)
When you say IP2 on same date, are you saying the BG changed to "we are processing your background check?" I'm confused because my BG still says "your application is in progress. We will send you a message blah blah." Yet when I spoke to an IRCC rep to sort out my medical exam issue, I asked him if background check had started and he said medical is part of background check, so of course it has started. Was that just a miscommunication?

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
"We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information",
IP2...If you are not from Biometric required country then it appears you have cleared eligibility/criminality....Call CIC call center to confirm....''

Review of eligibility still saying - reviewing where you meet eligibility requirement.
This stays same throughout for everyone....even after you receive your PPR....

Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017
When you say IP2 on same date, are you saying the BG changed to "we are processing your background check?" I'm confused because my BG still says "your application is in progress. We will send you a message blah blah." Yet when I spoke to an IRCC rep to sort out my medical exam issue, I asked him if background check had started and he said medical is part of background check, so of course it has started. Was that just a miscommunication?
For CEC applicants, the background check status changes the day they pass medical exam. I don't think that's the case with FSW.

navdeol

Dec 17, 2018
I’m CEC inland, passed medical on January 7, but my BG still shows “we are processing your application, we will inform you when we start you background”. It means they haven’t start my background yet as mostly people gets changed after few days of MED.

terrymeowy

Dec 7, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-11-2018
Yes, my BG changed to we are processinng your background check right after MEP. And as I have been following this forum and learnt from other members long enough, i believe this is IP2. Seems like my application skip IP1 (BG will show application is in progress). But like they said, IP1/IP2 does not really matter anymore.

ETiwari

Dec 14, 2018
nope, it hasn't happened to a lot of us.

Good stuff, it means at least they are making progress on your application
My status of background check step was changed to - "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information", more than week ago. Review of eligibility still saying - reviewing where you meet eligibility requirement. This is all ghost update without email. I guess, same happened to most of you.
Yes same happened with me . Background check got updated to "we are processing your background ..." Wiyhou any email notification . And review of eligibility is same as yours .
AOR - 12 Nov

mpn0182

Jan 10, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
18-10-2018
Med's Done....
21-12-2018
Putting my time line again-
AOR - Nov 16
MEP - Dec 20
Background process started - Jan 11

I spoke to IRCC agent yesterday after 24 mins of waiting.
I just wanted to check where my application is in terms of status and she replied that the background verification is in progress. She again told me that IRCC is reviewing my eligibility and in that they are currently checking my job offer, reference letter from the Canadian employer. She informed me that she had received my scanned pages of passport with my Canadian work permit on it.
Finally, the last line is that I'm well within the 6 months time frame and nothing to worry as of now.

I'm a BC PNP applicant.

I hope my status will help others here who are on same page as mine...

mpn0182

Jan 10, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
18-10-2018
Med's Done....
21-12-2018