FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-12-2018
Passport Req..
28-05-2019
there was no other change otherwise...i submitted adrs day before...and the ""We are reviewing the additional documents you provided" was since yesterday..just got curious
Oh. So you mean you got a ghost update today.If that is the case, then it's most probably approval of case.

Reactions: anjanacarri

Abundance2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Category........
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
02-11-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
PFL ?

I send them everything which proves my work experience is authentic, they can confirm from my employer as well, its very renowned in our country.

Just hours and salary not mentioned in reference letter.
Everyone seems to confuse what PFL’s are
Or just take only one aspect of what it is
A scenario that can arise,
(don’t quote me on this) that they ask again for this just to make sure they are giving you a fair chance to tender the correct documents without making abrupt decisions because they have a specific format and some things are missing from the letter you sent them. It’s not that I am saying it has to go like this, it can also be that they overlook the small details and go ahead and process your application without further action from you. I am just telling you some of the possible ways it can pan out. (PS. PFL doesn’t mean you misrepresented yourself despite what others have said, please read thoroughly and understand what it means ok buddy! All the best!

adityagupta88

Star Member
May 21, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
2171, 1112, 2174
AOR Received.
05-12-1988
File Transfer...
28-03-2019
Passport Req..
02-07-2019
Guys got my interview request today. Thank you for the support.

CEC Inland single applicant
AOR - No 14, 2018
MEP - Mid - december
Nationality - India
Visa office - Ottawa then Calgary (majority of time) and then Montreal (transferred on April 1 as stated by agent).

Anyways just a quick question , they have asked me to bring my proof of fees paid ( i paid everything upfront) with the application. I cant seem to find any docs online in my account. Any idea which document are they referring to ?

Thanks anyways..
Congratulations buddy

adityagupta88

Star Member
May 21, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
2171, 1112, 2174
AOR Received.
05-12-1988
File Transfer...
28-03-2019
Passport Req..
02-07-2019
So I did get my PPR email today morning and I am very grateful to each and every member in this forum. I cannot imagine what I would have done without this forum. I was happy to see people sharing similar sentiments to me and I was quite inspired by a lot of posts and patience show by the members of this forum.

I ordered GCMS notes on the 29th March and nothing had started as of 1st April. I got this on 5th of May and felt a little low when I read the GCMS report.

I also spoke to an agent on Friday the 3rd May and he mentioned that they have not started working on my file yet. Again, this was another low point.

I kept telling myself that I fulfilled all the documentation that was listed and that it is just a matter of the IRCC team to start working on my file.

3 days later on the 8th of May, I logged into the IRCC website to found that the background checks have started. I saw this at 8am in the morning Singapore time and I wanted to ensure that this is not some weird dream.

So I logged into the application again after having a coffee around 10am, this time the application profile was updated (Ghost update!) without any actual changes.

I was hoping to get PPR by the end of this month and got an email around 10am today.

I got my PPR in exactly 5 months. I applied on December 8 and the ready for email visa is dated May 8.

It is extremely easy to advice people to stay strong and keep the faith, however, I recognize that it is incredibly hard to do.

One of my colleagues once gave me his thoughts and told me to focus on "what you can control and the rest is not really up to you". All we can do is provide satisfactory documentation and hope for your file to be picked ASAP.

If anyone needs anything please feel free to message me and I am happy to help in anyway I can.

I thank everyone in this group for their valuable thoughts.
Congratulations buddy

Abundance2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Category........
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
02-11-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
I have been working in Singapore for 5 years and applied for PR here. The govt does not specify the criteria for getting a PR. All my friends applications were rejected and there is no reason given.

I applied for Australia PR in the beginning of 2018 and have not heard anything yet.

People apply for green card and the wait time is about 10 years for Indians.

Whether it is 9 months or 10 months, this is nothing. The Canadian govt has done all of us a huge favor by listing down the exact requirements.

Do I think if the process can be smoother? absolutely. Do I think the process is better than that of any other Country? 100%, not even a shred of doubt.
I am not disputing that Canada has a faster transition to PR than other countries, my point is, they have given us a timeline of 6 months estimation to complete our application as well as enabling us with an online accessibility to our accounts, if the online systems would be updated I bet we all would be calmer, if 2 person applied for something similar and one is given an option with a promised date of fulfillment and the other with nothing whatsoever, the one with the option will worried and have mixed emotions when the time draws closer or ask questions and wonder why there is no access to the info they were promised and the other will be relax because they have no expectations. Don’t get us wrong! We aren’t ungrateful it’s just that we have expectations because of what we were told. That’s all, I am sure myself and others would be at ease had we been given an update as we cross each milestone of our application or even if we got an update every 6-8 weeks.

Reactions: scargee

Upasana

Mar 27, 2019
19 days left.
No update.
So heartbroken. Loosing all hopes as the deadline is coming near.
My husband will call tomorrow (Canada time).
He is presently at Canada, Toronto.
He is a student, studying at Schulich School Of Business, York University.
We applied from India and it's just been a week he has entered Canada.

Do u guys suggest we need to update CIC about it?
At the airport while entering his visa was checked and was asked if he has applied for PR to which he had said yes.
Would it be automatically updated that he has entered on student/work visa?

When we applied he was already studying at the India campus and had mentioned on the final year(which is now) he would be moving to Canada.

Please guide.
********Reposting and hoping someone sees it before it gets buried again********

19 days left.
No update.

At the airport while entering his visa was checked and was asked if he has applied for PR to which he had said yes.

When we applied he was already studying at the India campus and had mentioned on the final year(which is now) he would be moving to Canada.

Please guide

pgpg

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
********Reposting and hoping someone sees it before it gets buried again********

19 days left.

No update.

Please guide
1. looks like your husband is legally in Canada. updating CIC can not possibly harm your application. it'll be an advantage because you could convince CIC to accept his passport in canada for stamping; otherwise stamping would be in india.
2. automatic update that you refer to...where would you expect an update to happen? pls clarify
3. "My husband will call tomorrow" -- what does that have anything to do with anything?
4. "When we applied he was already studying at the India campus and had mentioned on the final year(which is now) he would be moving to Canada." --- where was this mentioned? if mentioned on LOE, it is quite a proper thing to do (i mean where else would you mention it anyway); and update to CIC about location change via webform would be logical.

Reactions: Ashish1 and Upasana

Abhi2056

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-12-2018
Passport Req..
28-05-2019

19 days left.

No update.

Please guide
Do not panic. Everything will be alright.
Nearing the end of 6 months timeline does not mean negative news. It means you are moving closer to PPR.Most of the people these days are getting there PPR's between 180-200 days with no update after MEP. It's just matter of time that you guys will be canadians. :)

if you have not updated to cic that your husband has moved to canada, then you can always raise a CSE and update that providing an LOE. You can call IRCC and confirm if its necessary to update the relocation.

But remember that they are not going to reject your application at this stage so easily. They are not savages. :D

Reactions: Upasana

Upasana

Mar 27, 2019
1. looks like your husband is legally in Canada. updating CIC can not possibly harm your application. it'll be an advantage because you could convince CIC to accept his passport in canada for stamping; otherwise stamping would be in india.
2. automatic update that you refer to...where would you expect an update to happen? pls clarify
3. "My husband will call tomorrow" -- what does that have anything to do with anything?
4. "When we applied he was already studying at the India campus and had mentioned on the final year(which is now) he would be moving to Canada." --- where was this mentioned? if mentioned on LOE, it is quite a proper thing to do (i mean where else would you mention it anyway); and update to CIC about location change via webform would be logical.
Thank you for your guidance.

I am the 1st applicant, so until I land he would not be able to submit the passport.
2. Automatic update to CIC as the Immigration Officer at the airport did stamp his passport with Student/Work visa, also enquired about his PR application (So I am assuming with the Passport Number, CIC would get updated about his entrance) Still I would raise a webform and update about the same.
3. My husband will call up CIC tomorrow to get an update about our file and also will inform the agent about his entrance. Just thought of mentioning as an FYI :)
4. Yes, mentioned in LOE.

Thank you once again for your advise :)

Upasana

Mar 27, 2019
Do not panic. Everything will be alright.
Nearing the end of 6 months timeline does not mean negative news. It means you are moving closer to PPR.Most of the people these days are getting there PPR's between 180-200 days with no update after MEP. It's just matter of time that you guys will be canadians. :)

if you have not updated to cic that your husband has moved to canada, then you can always raise a CSE and update that providing an LOE. You can call IRCC and confirm if its necessary to update the relocation.

But remember that they are not going to reject your application at this stage so easily. They are not savages. :D
Thank you very much for keeping my spirits high!! :)
Yes, my husband will call once they start the day and as you rightly said, it would be good if he asks the agent if updating CIC about his landing would be required or not.

I just saw a few people in FB updating their Background Check has started. AOR 27th Nov.
Mine did not. My AOR is 28th Nov.
Don't know if I should be happy or sad. I have seen few people from OCT and SEP whose file has been untouched and CIC has moved to next month. Their GCMS notes shows no issues. No idea why were their file skipped.
I am loosing my sleep thinking what would I do if they skip our application!! :(

Abhi2056

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-12-2018
Passport Req..
28-05-2019
Thank you very much for keeping my spirits high!! :)
Yes, my husband will call once they start the day and as you rightly said, it would be good if he asks the agent if updating CIC about his landing would be required or not.

I just saw a few people in FB updating their Background Check has started. AOR 27th Nov.
Mine did not. My AOR is 28th Nov.
Don't know if I should be happy or sad. I have seen few people from OCT and SEP whose file has been untouched and CIC has moved to next month. Their GCMS notes shows no issues. No idea why were their file skipped.
I am loosing my sleep thinking what would I do if they skip our application!! :(
These days people go to ip2 and PPR follows in 0-20 days. So you never know when your's will show up.

Immitracker shows 79% candidates of SEP candidates got PPR's and OCT are at 68%.In the rest of the percentage in both those months atleast 7-8% won't update their statuses immediately and chances are most of them got it.So don't go to forums and start panicking seeing people panicking.

This is the month of november applicants, you will see lot of November candidates getting PPR.

Their GCMS notes shows no issues- Processing and GCMS notes have no relation.GCMS is case management system and not application which officers use to process files.Might be they had military or government related jobs in which case they need extra scrutiny. Security is a big factor which is never clear through GCMS notes.

No idea why were their file skipped-
IRCC always mentioned 20% files will be late due to there complicatedness and they just have to wait.Even these guys won't wait more than 8 months, if its genuine.

I am loosing my sleep thinking what would I do if they skip our application-They won't reject it if its genuine.They need you as much as you need them.

It can be stressful if you just keep thinking of PPR. PPR is just initial stage of new life, there are lot more important things which follow after that. Start developing your skills in the mean time which can be useful for putting your application over others in job search.

Reactions: Upasana