+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

kjosei

Dec 10, 2018
I had AOR on Nov 16th and had a couple of friends who had applied 2 months earlier. They got their MEP in 2 weeks and got me nervous after 3 weeks of no update with mine until I read this thread. Look forward to receiving an update on that soon.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
This is news to me. How do you know?

As per the following link, people from India doesn't need to give Biometrics right now.
However, starting December 31, 2018, you’ll need to give your biometrics when you submit a new application for a visitor visa, study or work permit or for permanent residence.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp
Indian applicants no biometrics for this year :)

ViAchKoN

Jun 2, 2018
If there are mistakes that affect the core information, and therefore might affect your eligibility, it is urgent you do so.
If it's a spelling mistake or a basic error, no need.
Thanks for your reply.
It is just a mistake in the short name of my company. My translator wrote NRC instead of NRS and didn’t translate one name of methodology in which development I participated. It is minor, in general it doesn’t affect references letters as a whole.
I want to do it for my patients.
By the way, do you know how offices treat mistakes in translations?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thanks for your reply.
It is just a mistake in the short name of my company. My translator wrote NRC instead of NRS and didn’t translate one name of methodology in which development I participated. It is minor, in general it doesn’t affect references letters as a whole.
I want to do it for my patients.
By the way, do you know how offices treat mistakes in translations?
It depends on how these mistakes affect the different requirements.
For example if there is a name spelling mistake in the translated marriage certificate, it would be safe to assume that the officer would forward the application for further review. Depending on the mistake, that could affect the process.
For your work reference letter, I'd suggest you do correct the mistakes and upload a new version. Different company name of company will probably result in case agent recommending "Review Required", instead of "Recommended Pass". Although it won't jeopardize the outcome, it may cause some delay.

Reactions: ViAchKoN

ViAchKoN

Jun 2, 2018
It depends on how these mistakes affect the different requirements.
For example if there is a name spelling mistake in the translated marriage certificate, it would be safe to assume that the officer would forward the application for further review. Depending on the mistake, that could affect the process.
For your work reference letter, I'd suggest you do correct the mistakes and upload a new version. Different company name of company will probably result in case agent recommending "Review Required", instead of "Recommended Pass". Although it won't jeopardize the outcome, it may cause some delay.
I think I will do it on this week. I planned to do it but wanted to be sure that I passed R10 “Competness check” first.
But my documents will be assessed more closely after MEP, am I right?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I think I will do it on this week. I planned to do it but wanted to be sure that I passed R10 “Competness check” first.
But my documents will be assessed more closely after MEP, am I right?
Yes you can wait till after R10, if you're sure you initially submitted all required documents.
The actual content of the reference letter is not examined at this stage so it's okay.
Given your AOR date, hopefully assuming good health, you should get MEP maybe even today.
R10 is usually done on the same day, if not the following day or the day before...

ViAchKoN

Jun 2, 2018
Yes you can wait till after R10, if you're sure you initially submitted all required documents.
The actual content of the reference letter is not examined at this stage so it's okay.
Given your AOR date, hopefully assuming good health, you should get MEP maybe even today.
R10 is usually done on the same day, if not the following day or the day before...
I hope that I submitted all the documents. You know how it is. You submit and then become nervous maybe you did wrong somewhere :confused:
When does MEP usually updates? I mean is there any specific time (morning, day, evening) for that ?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I hope that I submitted all the documents. You know how it is. You submit and then become nervous maybe you did wrong somewhere :confused:
When does MEP usually updates? I mean is there any specific time (morning, day, evening) for that ?
It appears updates are made in batches...
My MEP for example happened at 10:30am UTC, which is still pitch black night in Canada.
I'm guessing they can happen at any time of day.