Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
I'm still learning about the process, so excuse me if this has been answered already. I just wanted to clarify when MEP is achieved, do you receive an e-mail that there has been an update to the profile, or the only way to check is by logging into the account?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi guys
I have recieved a letter requesting for biometrics Does that mean I have passed MED?
Where do I give biometrics?I'm from Bahrain and we don't have Visa Office.. I think ours is in Abu Dhabi
AOR NOV 9
I'm afraid you will have to go to Abu Dhabi :( There is a VO in Doha as well if that is near to Bahrain :)

Reactions: Azya

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I'm still learning about the process, so excuse me if this has been answered already. I just wanted to clarify when MEP is achieved, do you receive an e-mail that there has been an update to the profile, or the only way to check is by logging into the account?
You will get an email :)

Villegas Family

Star Member
Dec 11, 2018
I am confused as to where we are able to see these acronyms for status updates. On the portal?

This is how it usually goes

1. BG Check: Not Applicable (NA1)
  2. Medical passed – (MEP)
  3. BG Check In Progress (IP1) – R10 check is done here.
  4. BG Check: Not Applicable (NA2) – Eligibility check is done here.
  5. BG Check: In Progress (IP2) –
  6. BG Check: Not Applicable (NA3) – Sometimes this doesn’t come
  7. PPR: Passport Request
  8. CoPR: Confirmation of Permanent Residence
So it is in below order

AOR – NA1 – MEP – IP1 – NA2 – IP2 – NA3 – PPR – CoPR

AOR: This is a letter you will get within 24 hours after submission of your PR application.

NA1: “Not applicable“. This will be your BG status message as soon as you submit and get AOR. Typically, this will be status till the time you get your medical passed status.

MEP: “You passed the medical exam“. This will generally happen after approx 10-15 days after your AOR. For PNP applicants it can take more time generally.

IP1: This will happen one or two days after your medical. Sometimes on the same day itself. BG status message in this stage will be “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”. CIC agents will do R10, criminality checks during this stage. Once they feel everything is good then they will change it to NA. These things will happen at CIO Office (Centralized Intake Office).

NA2: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP1 is completed. Sometimes IP1 will take few hours and if we have not checked our account during the time it was in IP1, it won’t be possible to know that we are in NA1 or NA2. Our file will be transferred to CPC (Case Processing Center) where agents will do eligibility assessments. If they feel everything is okay, then they will provide their recommendation to Visa Officer and same time they will initiate Security Checks.

IP2: BG status message in this stage will be “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.“. Visa Officer starts reviewing or after reviewing all agents recommendations. PPR mail will be triggered if the applicant paid RPRF up front. PPR mails these days are taking 7-20 days after you are in IP2 stage. These things will be done at CPC office.

NA3: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP2 is completed. This status is not visible in many cases and direct PPR request is placed from IP2.

PPR: Passport Request. You will get an email for that and you may not get an update in your CIC account for this. VFS procedure for India PPR is After PPR – procedure at INDIA VFS

ADR: Sometimes an additional document is requested in IP1 or IP2 stage. An email, as well as message in your CIC account, will be sent.

Source: https://immiknowhow.com/2017/07/16/bg-and-medical-status-and-its-meaning-post-aor/

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I am confused as to where we are able to see these acronyms for status updates. On the portal?
These acronyms don't officially exist anywhere, and are made up by the community. You will never find them on any Canada government information source.
If you call an IRCC agent and ask if you're in IP2, he won't have a single clue what you're talking about...

Do know that the information about the process that Catalyst posted, cannot be used to determine one's application stage. They probably made some kind of sense when express entry was first introduced, and are most likely outdated, especially with the new biometrics requirements, where many applicants move straight to so-called IP2, even though the background has obviously not started.

People have been speculating that so-called IP1 means they're working on R10 or eligibility, but evidence suggests that R10 is already done by the time Medicals are passed... Same goes for eligibility, which is very often left till the final stages up until the last moment.

One of the possible reasons for this direct move to so-called IP2 status is due to the fact that with biometrics now, they can start your background check immediately by sharing them with other countries. I have been able to confirm that with my GCMS notes. They were looking for criminal activity in countries where I've never ever set foot. New Zealand, Australia, USA (although yes I went to the US).

Also, some countries now don't get to send passports to VFS when receiving PPR. They are requested to go straight to the embassy, and get passport stamped within the hour and receive CoPR immediately. It's the case of Morocco for example.

The only way to know where your application really stands, is through GCMS notes.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: SithLord and Grizz

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
People have been speculating that so-called IP1 means they're working on R10 or eligibility, but evidence suggests that R10 is already done by the time Medicals are passed
So if a person has cleared MEP then it is 100% sure he/she has cleared R10 check?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
My brother's online status shows medical passed. Aor November 11th. No email notification regarding this though.

He has applied along with his family as FSW.

Yunny

Mar 28, 2017
Hi everyone,
I got AOR on Nov 5,2018
MEP on Dec 6

Please invite me to the whatsapp group

Last edited:

Gibacho

Aug 13, 2017
So if a person has cleared MEP then it is 100% sure he/she has cleared R10 check?
There is no way to conclusively find this out until you have GCMS notes. Online status give by CIC website isn’t granular enough for such updates.